VP Sales, Business Information Services
Job Number: 19373
Experian Sales hires top players to create its dream team. We are a group of smart people with a lot of energy. Candidates will be expected to bring their "A" game and be committed to working hard to help our clients take the power of data to the next level. You'll delight our customers by knowing the game and playing with a sense of urgency. In return, you'll be part of an all-star team that rewards its players with competitive compensation plans with accelerators as well opportunities to grow your career amongst our various businesses. Be part of a strategic and innovative team that drives critical business decisions. Come win with us!
- Full Time
- Level: All
- Travel: Variable
- Glassdoor Rating: 3.7 out of 5
Experian Sales is central to the future success of Experian. Whether bringing our solutions to a new client, expanding our role as a trusted advisor to existing customers or identifying new prospects, you have a critical role to play. When looking for new talent to join our sales teams, we look for individuals with the following traits:
- Innovation 9
- Problem-Solver 9
- Presenter 8
- Technologically savvy 10
- Confident 6
- Independent 4
- Problem Solver
- Good listener
- Team player
DescriptionExperian is the leading global information services company, providing data and analytical tools to clients in more than 65 countries around the world. The company helps organizations to manage credit risk, prevent fraud, provide data security and automate decision making.
We are seeking an experienced Sales Leader to lead Account Executives responsible for generating revenue growth for Experian’s Business Information Services with existing and new logo accounts in our Insurance and Telecom, Energy, and Cable Vertical. The ideal candidate is an established leader who has a track record of driving high performance on their teams. The candidate should be a strong developer of people, be skilled in the art of negotiation and have a thorough understanding of the commercial space.
• Develop a sales channel plan that defines immediate and long-term strategy for success including penetrating existing markets, entry into new markets and outpacing our competition
• Be responsible for developing a high performance team to include: scouting talent, selection, onboarding, developing and motivating sales team to drive consistent results and high employee engagement
• Provide leadership, coaching and guidance to sales team that will foster success, career and personal growth and skill set improvement
• Be a thought leader to engender client confidence and engagement through regular communication that results in improving customer satisfaction and expanding revenues
• Ability to represent the company in a consistent and professional manner at all times
• Work closely with internal partners to measurably add value for the sales team and our clients while continually positioning Experian as a strategic partner
• Support and reinforce the strategic sales principles defined within the sales channel
• Provides strategic direction and tactical insights to improve sales force productivity
• Perform management functions in the area of but not limited to accurate pipeline management, monthly reporting, and channel performance tracking
Knowledge, Experience & QualificationsDesired Skills and Experience include:
• BS / BA Degree required (MBA preferred)
• Minimum of five years successful sales leadership experience
• Proven history of exceeding performance targets
• Demonstrable intellectual horsepower through ongoing industry and leadership learning and application
• Deep network of industry executive contacts within the Commercial Trade Credit and Insurance Industry, or other relevant vertical markets
• Understanding of the B2B Marketing and Credit Risk lifecyle including fraud, decisioning, scoring and collections.
• Strong passion for driving results, securing competitive takeaways/new logo wins
• Ability to establish consultative business relationships with existing and new clients
• Ability to develop, implement and manage key strategic initiatives
• Effectively interact with senior level executives•
• Outstanding people management, leadership and developmental skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Collaboration with peers on direct team or other teams in order to create ideas/value for the sales channel
• Excellent organizational, goal setting, analytical and planning skills
• Maintain strong work standards, impeccable integrity and ethics
• Willingness to travel
Experian offers comprehensive coverage with flexible options for you as well as your spouse/domestic partner and eligible dependents. This includes medical, dental and vision insurance, health care savings and spending accounts, dependent care FSA, health & wellness program, and telemedicine.
Personal Finance Protection
We offer several benefits that strengthen your financial protection such as a 401k plan with an employer match, an employee stock purchase plan, life & additional insurance coverage.
We invest in your professional future through our education assistance program and many professional development programs. We also grant 20 scholarships to high school seniors each year to children of Experian employees.
We offer flexible time off in addition to corporate holidays, sick days and paid volunteer time off.
Experian supports your life outside the office with benefits such as our new parental leave policy covering time off for birth mothers as well as birth fathers and mothers/fathers of adoptive or foster children, adoption assistance, and pet insurance.
Experian employees enjoy many other benefits through our employee discounts, company sponsored activities, and flexible total rewards packages. Many of our office locations provide onsite amenities such as fitness centers, game rooms, cafeterias and free snacks in break rooms. We support work/life balance with convenient offices in several metropolitan locations and flexible work arrangements when possible.
“The support you receive when on-boarding and the commitment to human development has been excellent and probably the best I’ve experienced in my professional career.”Peter Moraga, Senior Account Executive - Fraud and ID
“I have never seen a more supportive sales culture. With the dedicated marketing resources and continuous training, it’s a culture with high expectations with the tools and resources to help you achieve.”Sam Hubbard, Account Executive - CU Vertical
“If you want to join a high integrity, world-class organization that allows you the creative freedom to take your ideas and visions and to implement them, then Experian might be for you.”Victor Grigaliunas, Sales Director
“My role is challenging, which keeps things new and interesting. The rewards and accolades are nice, and the company does a great job recognizing hard work and a job well done.”Connor Reilly, BIS Hunter
“I am an Account Manager within CIS. I manage hundreds of accounts across every industry and product group that Experian offers to cross sell, which will further benefit my client’s bottom line revenue.”Amber Banks, Account Manager
“Experian is very focused on growing and retaining talent by offering as many opportunities as possible to those seeking it. My three years with Experian are testament to that, with my move to Boston from London being a prime example!”Brolin Rodrigues, Sales Engineer
“Experian embodies the phrase “pay it forward” in that every person I have worked with, whether they have been here for 20 years and are at the top or have been here for 4 months, is willing to take time out of their day to help you in any way they can.”Grace Jakubowski, Account Executive - Growth Channel/Core Team