Strategy Consultant Commercial Data Science- Remote Position
Job Number: 188488
Experian is the world’s leading global information services company, unlocking the power of data to create opportunities for consumers, businesses and society. For more than 125 years, we’ve helped consumers and clients prosper, and economies and communities flourish – and we’re not done. Experian has operated at the center of Big Data since before the phrase was coined. Few companies can offer information services on an equivalent scale. Experian has been named to Forbes Magazine’s Top 100 list of the “World’s Most Innovative Companies” for 4 years in a row. We have 16,000 people operating across 37 countries, and every day we’re investing in new technologies, talented people and innovation to help create a better tomorrow.
- Full Time
- Level: All
- Travel: Limited
- Glassdoor Rating: 3.7 out of 5
Experian Technology is central to the future success of Experian. Whether developing a new product, enhancing a SaaS solution or securing our networks from external threats, you have a critical role to play. When looking for new talent to join our technical teams, we look for individuals with the following traits:
- Innovation 9
- Problem-Solver 9
- Presenter 8
- Technologically savvy 10
- Confident 6
- Independent 4
- Relationship expertise
- Team player
- Technologically savvy
DescriptionClient and industry thought leader with strong Financial Services industry experience to help Business Information Services clients identify opportunities. This Pre-Sales strategy consultant will evaluate consumer and commercial industry trends as well as client enterprise challenges through the business lifecycle, design, deliver, and provide insights and market best practices as required for Commercial Data Science consulting engagements, including business intelligence reviews, proof of concept tests, product development, portfolio profiling, and trend analysis to create sales opportunities for BIS products in all cycles of consumer and commercial credit.
• Participate in internally and externally sponsored speaking engagements
• Executes projects in support of the direct revenue goal for Experian Commercial Data Sciences, ensuring timely and high-quality deliverables.
• Lead/execute analytical projects from business intelligence review and data integrity evaluation through opportunity realization.
• Collaborate with internal and external clients to determine the appropriate analysis parameters and performance measures to be applied, as well as requirements for decision tool, strategy implementation, and governance
• Interpret results of analyses, identify trends and issues, and recommends alternatives to support business objectives.
• Support the development of new analytical and data products and services, and the enhancement of current processes and offerings
• Identifies and secure additional opportunities with clients.
• Support sales and marketing to understand client needs and provide viable analytical and reporting solutions.
• Leads business development efforts and supports product development, management, and marketing initiatives to fuel revenue growth.
• Work interactively with a team of highly trained and skilled consultants, project managers, statisticians, and analysts.
• Develop and maintain internal and external relationships.
• Support field sales force and marketing organization by providing analytical and consulting expertise.
• Support the senior management of the department to meet the established department goals.
Knowledge, Experience & Qualifications
• This position requires a highly motivated, relationship builder, energetic, positive person with:
• 5-10 years of commercial lending strategy experience in the financial industry preferably within risk management.
• Full consumer and commercial credit lifecycle experience.
• Consumer credit (FCRA) in the financial industry, data cleansing and mining experience a plus.
• Strong problem solving and communication skills
• Strong presentation skills.
• A proven track record for, managing complex analytical projects, and setting decision strategies and policies.
• Deep knowledge of analytical techniques and decision tools.
• Strong aptitude in credit decisioning, strategy setting, and gathering business requirements.
• Excellent communication, leadership, interpersonal and project management skills.
• The ability to present to all levels of management within Experian and to our clients.
• Candidate will have in depth experience with large financial institutions in commercial lending.
• Understanding of data analysis, analytical techniques and methodologies.
• A willingness to travel 25-30%
Experian is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Anyone needing accommodation to complete the interview process should notify the talent acquisition partner. The word "Experian" is a registered trademark in the EU and other countries and is owned by Experian Ltd. and/or its associated companies.
EOE including Disability/Veterans
Experian offers comprehensive coverage with flexible options for you as well as your spouse/domestic partner and eligible dependents. This includes medical, dental and vision insurance, health care savings and spending accounts, dependent care FSA, health & wellness program, and telemedicine.
Personal Finance Protection
We offer several benefits that strengthen your financial protection such as a 401k plan with an employer match, an employee stock purchase plan, life & additional insurance coverage.
We invest in your professional future through our education assistance program and many professional development programs. We also grant 20 scholarships to high school seniors each year to children of Experian employees.
We offer flexible time off in addition to corporate holidays, sick days and paid volunteer time off.
Experian supports your life outside the office with benefits such as our new parental leave policy covering time off for birth mothers as well as birth fathers and mothers/fathers of adoptive or foster children, adoption assistance, and pet insurance.
Experian employees enjoy many other benefits through our employee discounts, company sponsored activities, and flexible total rewards packages. Many of our office locations provide onsite amenities such as fitness centers, game rooms, cafeterias and free snacks in break rooms. We support work/life balance with convenient offices in several metropolitan locations and flexible work arrangements when possible.
“I’m a problem solver, strategist, and security engineer in the Cyber Threat Management realm. The best part of my job is creativity and thinking outside the box is encouraged. I work in a team that enables me to innovate and collaborate with other teams to help drive our organization to a better tomorrow.”Lauren Alvarez, Security Engineer
“The best part of my job is the people I get to work with and for. I am surrounded with some of the most innovative, smart and down to earth characters in the field.”Rafael Molina, Sr. Information Security Specialist, EITS
“At Experian, the technology environment is always changing to keep up with the latest technology out there. It’s innovative, yet what’s motivative is that when there is a change in technology, our employees host training sessions because not everyone fully understand the new technology, so we all grow together to find our best way to every solution.”Wes Hoang, Software Dev Intern
“If you are looking for a workplace to Innovate, grow in professional career and Work with great leaders, then Experian is the best place to be at!”Dhaval Dagli, Technical Product Manager
“I personally enjoy working with a variety of application and technical experts in trouble-shooting and figuring out why something failed, and/or working with the same caliber of colleagues to implement real-world solutions to ensure that we have a solid environment that is sustainable and meets the needs of the business.”Kenn Johnson, Interim Manager of Cyber Security Engineering
Our strategy is centred on delivering world-class expertise to organisations, transforming our relationship with consumers and delivering growth consistently, underpinned by foundations...Read More
Machine Learning Applications for Payment Transaction Data
"Experian DataLabs provide a safe and secure environment to partner with our clients to enable breakthrough data experimentation and innovation." Eric Haller(Experian North America)
Experian Business Information Services
We are looking for talented customer-focused API Developers with 5+ years experience in Node.js, Python and Java.
Experian Hackathon 2017
Collaborating in the Office
IT Clinic in Schaumburg