Senior Cloud Security Specialist-Remote
Job Number: 1810221
Experian is the world’s leading global information services company, unlocking the power of data to create opportunities for consumers, businesses and society. For more than 125 years, we’ve helped consumers and clients prosper, and economies and communities flourish – and we’re not done. Experian has operated at the center of Big Data since before the phrase was coined. Few companies can offer information services on an equivalent scale. Experian has been named to Forbes Magazine’s Top 100 list of the “World’s Most Innovative Companies” for 4 years in a row. We have 16,000 people operating across 37 countries, and every day we’re investing in new technologies, talented people and innovation to help create a better tomorrow.
- Full Time
- Level: All
- Travel: Limited
- Glassdoor Rating: 3.7 out of 5
Experian Technology is central to the future success of Experian. Whether developing a new product, enhancing a SaaS solution or securing our networks from external threats, you have a critical role to play. When looking for new talent to join our technical teams, we look for individuals with the following traits:
- Innovation 9
- Problem-Solver 9
- Presenter 8
- Technologically savvy 10
- Confident 6
- Independent 4
- Relationship expertise
- Team player
- Technologically savvy
Currently, Experian is seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Cloud Security Specialist to join our team.This role will be an individual contributor to work with and guide Experian’s Application Teams and help them build and manage a Secure Cloud Infrastructure by adhering to Experian’s Cloud Security Policy and Industry best practices. This is a growing team, with senior leaderships support and visibility. This role is involved in projects or issues of high complexity that requires an individual who can quickly think on their feet, challenge the status quo, and drive efficiencies through the process. Primary Responsibilities
Currently, Experian is seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Cloud Security Specialist to join our team.This role will be an individual contributor to work with and guide Experian’s Application Teams and help them build and manage a Secure Cloud Infrastructure by adhering to Experian’s Cloud Security Policy and Industry best practices. This is a growing team, with senior leaderships support and visibility. This role is involved in projects or issues of high complexity that requires an individual who can quickly think on their feet, challenge the status quo, and drive efficiencies through the process.
Knowledge, Experience & Qualifications
- College degree or/equivalent and 5 years related work experience, required.
- 2-4 years of experience with Security Architect and/or Engineering.
- 2-3 years of experience with Cloud platforms such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure, Google Cloud Platform (GCP).
- Possess a firm understanding of the offerings and capabilities within Amazon Web Services (AWS), GCP, and Microsoft Azure
- Possess a solid understanding and have experience with systems automation platforms and technologies.
- Experience architecting solutions within Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure, GCP.
- Experience with assessment, development, implementation, optimization, and documentation of a comprehensive and broad set of security technologies and processes (secure software development (Application Security), data protection, cryptography, key management, identity and access management (IAM), network security) within SaaS, IaaS, PaaS, and other cloud environments.
- Working knowledge of common and industry standard cloud-native/cloud-friendly authentication mechanisms (OAuth, OpenID, etc.)
- Experience with deployment orchestration, automation, and security configuration management (Jenkins, Puppet, Chef, CloudFormation, Terraform, Ansible) preferred.
- Experience with service-oriented architecture for cloud-based services.
- Experience working with cloud security and governance tools, cloud access security brokers (CASBs), and server virtualization technologies.
- Experience with enterprise applications (architecture, development, support, and troubleshooting)
- Proficiency in scripting programming languages - Python, JSON, Ruby, C#, PowerShell, YAML
Experian offers comprehensive coverage with flexible options for you as well as your spouse/domestic partner and eligible dependents. This includes medical, dental and vision insurance, health care savings and spending accounts, dependent care FSA, health & wellness program, and telemedicine.
Personal Finance Protection
We offer several benefits that strengthen your financial protection such as a 401k plan with an employer match, an employee stock purchase plan, life & additional insurance coverage.
We invest in your professional future through our education assistance program and many professional development programs. We also grant 20 scholarships to high school seniors each year to children of Experian employees.
We offer flexible time off in addition to corporate holidays, sick days and paid volunteer time off.
Experian supports your life outside the office with benefits such as our new parental leave policy covering time off for birth mothers as well as birth fathers and mothers/fathers of adoptive or foster children, adoption assistance, and pet insurance.
Experian employees enjoy many other benefits through our employee discounts, company sponsored activities, and flexible total rewards packages. Many of our office locations provide onsite amenities such as fitness centers, game rooms, cafeterias and free snacks in break rooms. We support work/life balance with convenient offices in several metropolitan locations and flexible work arrangements when possible.
“I’m a problem solver, strategist, and security engineer in the Cyber Threat Management realm. The best part of my job is creativity and thinking outside the box is encouraged. I work in a team that enables me to innovate and collaborate with other teams to help drive our organization to a better tomorrow.”Lauren Alvarez, Security Engineer
“The best part of my job is the people I get to work with and for. I am surrounded with some of the most innovative, smart and down to earth characters in the field.”Rafael Molina, Sr. Information Security Specialist, EITS
“At Experian, the technology environment is always changing to keep up with the latest technology out there. It’s innovative, yet what’s motivative is that when there is a change in technology, our employees host training sessions because not everyone fully understand the new technology, so we all grow together to find our best way to every solution.”Wes Hoang, Software Dev Intern
“If you are looking for a workplace to Innovate, grow in professional career and Work with great leaders, then Experian is the best place to be at!”Dhaval Dagli, Technical Product Manager
“I personally enjoy working with a variety of application and technical experts in trouble-shooting and figuring out why something failed, and/or working with the same caliber of colleagues to implement real-world solutions to ensure that we have a solid environment that is sustainable and meets the needs of the business.”Kenn Johnson, Interim Manager of Cyber Security Engineering
Our strategy is centred on delivering world-class expertise to organisations, transforming our relationship with consumers and delivering growth consistently, underpinned by foundations...Read More
Machine Learning Applications for Payment Transaction Data
"Experian DataLabs provide a safe and secure environment to partner with our clients to enable breakthrough data experimentation and innovation." Eric Haller(Experian North America)
Experian Business Information Services
We are looking for talented customer-focused API Developers with 5+ years experience in Node.js, Python and Java.
Experian Hackathon 2017
Collaborating in the Office
IT Clinic in Schaumburg