Sales Specialist, Ascend Platform
Job Number: 188513
Experian Sales hires top players to create its dream team. We are a group of smart people with a lot of energy. Candidates will be expected to bring their "A" game and be committed to working hard to help our clients take the power of data to the next level. You'll delight our customers by knowing the game and playing with a sense of urgency. In return, you'll be part of an all-star team that rewards its players with competitive compensation plans with accelerators as well opportunities to grow your career amongst our various businesses. Be part of a strategic and innovative team that drives critical business decisions. Come win with us!
- Full Time
- Level: All
- Travel: Variable
- Glassdoor Rating: 3.7 out of 5
Experian Sales is central to the future success of Experian. Whether bringing our solutions to a new client, expanding our role as a trusted advisor to existing customers or identifying new prospects, you have a critical role to play. When looking for new talent to join our sales teams, we look for individuals with the following traits:
- Innovation 9
- Problem-Solver 9
- Presenter 8
- Technologically savvy 10
- Confident 6
- Independent 4
- Problem Solver
- Good listener
- Team player
Experian is the leading global information services company, which helps organizations to manage credit risk, prevent fraud, provide data security and automate decision making. With operations stretching globally, Experian is 17,000 people strong, supporting clients and operations in more than 80 countries. Generating nearly $5 billion in revenue annually, Experian is primed for growth and searching for the most talented and innovative people to join our family and take us to new heights.
Experian integrates predictive data and analytics into critical business decisions to improve customer prospecting, marketing, fraud detection, and credit risk management. By applying expert consulting, market-leading analytics and software systems to convert attributes and data into valuable business decisions, we help businesses maximize value and customer experience while optimizing prospect targeting, managing credit risk, preventing fraud, predicting customer behavior, enhancing customer strategies and automating decisioning all while maintaining regulatory compliance.
We are looking for the best of the best to join a top-performing team.
The Ascend Sales Specialist is responsible for driving sales of Experian’s Ascend platform to Experian’s largest Financial Services clients. You will collaborate with the Strategic Client Program (SCP) sales team and cross functional business unit partners to develop and execute comprehensive account plan(s) to over-achieve against annual revenue / new sales targets. You will work closely with the Experian sales, product management, consulting and advanced technology teams to develop a go to market strategy for the Ascend platform within an established strategic client base. In partnership with the SCP strategic sales team, you will support the entire sales cycle, from lead generation to closing, you will develop and nurture strategic relationships with senior leaders and key stakeholders. Bringing thought leadership, creative solution design and compelling ROI to each opportunity uncovered, you will lead the effort to position Experian as a true strategic advisor, building long-term partnerships and negotiating multi-year contracts which provide market-differentiating value for our largest North American Financial Services clients.
The candidate must possess a high degree of intrinsic motivation and passion to win, established intellectual horsepower, excellent communication skills and the emotional intelligence required to navigate complex deal structure and secure stakeholder commitment, both internally and externally.
To summarize, the successful candidate will:
- Identify, pursue, and close new business and renewal opportunities
- Develop new and existing customer relationships by leveraging a consultative sales approach that results in increased sales and customer satisfaction
- Establish consultative business relationships with senior C-level executives
- Be responsible for sales pipeline, account plan development and budget/goal management
- Work closely with Experian sales, technology, account management, delivery/support and product management to nurture the development of strategic solutions for this market that measurably add client value and position Experian favorably against our competition
- Meet or exceed aggressive annual revenue and new contract targets
- Positively represent the company in a professional manner at all times
Knowledge, Experience & Qualifications
- BS / BA Degree required, MBA preferred
- 10+ years’ experience with a large US financial institution in credit card risk management or marketing analytics
- Experience with machine learning and big data platforms an advantage
- Track record of growing a business over time, with proven year-over-year goal over-achievement
- Expert in developing and implementing complex credit risk and /or credit marketing strategies
- Experience implementing enterprise risk decisioning systems an advantage
- Known as an expert and thought leader by clients looking to solve business challenges
- Self-starter with ability to think strategically and respond tactically
- Ability to work in fast-paced, deadline-oriented, growing public company with high expectations
- Passion for driving results, developing people, ensuring client satisfaction, and securing competitive wins
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational, goal setting, analytical and planning skills
- Ability to develop, implement and manage key strategic initiatives
- Outstanding people management, collaboration, leadership and developmental skills
- Strong work standards, impeccable integrity and ethics
- Willingness to travel
Working for a leading FTSE 50 global information services company is just one of the rewards of joining Experian. Our benefits package is designed to reward contribution and loyalty and to attract the kind of talented individuals who have their pick of employers. That is why we offer a highly competitive package which comprises:
• Competitive base salary
• Aggressive bonus plan
• Core benefits including: full medical, dental, vision, matching 401K and the opportunity to work with a global leader.
Experian offers comprehensive coverage with flexible options for you as well as your spouse/domestic partner and eligible dependents. This includes medical, dental and vision insurance, health care savings and spending accounts, dependent care FSA, health & wellness program, and telemedicine.
Personal Finance Protection
We offer several benefits that strengthen your financial protection such as a 401k plan with an employer match, an employee stock purchase plan, life & additional insurance coverage.
We invest in your professional future through our education assistance program and many professional development programs. We also grant 20 scholarships to high school seniors each year to children of Experian employees.
We offer flexible time off in addition to corporate holidays, sick days and paid volunteer time off.
Experian supports your life outside the office with benefits such as our new parental leave policy covering time off for birth mothers as well as birth fathers and mothers/fathers of adoptive or foster children, adoption assistance, and pet insurance.
Experian employees enjoy many other benefits through our employee discounts, company sponsored activities, and flexible total rewards packages. Many of our office locations provide onsite amenities such as fitness centers, game rooms, cafeterias and free snacks in break rooms. We support work/life balance with convenient offices in several metropolitan locations and flexible work arrangements when possible.
“The support you receive when on-boarding and the commitment to human development has been excellent and probably the best I’ve experienced in my professional career.”Peter Moraga, Senior Account Executive - Fraud and ID
“I have never seen a more supportive sales culture. With the dedicated marketing resources and continuous training, it’s a culture with high expectations with the tools and resources to help you achieve.”Sam Hubbard, Account Executive - CU Vertical
“If you want to join a high integrity, world-class organization that allows you the creative freedom to take your ideas and visions and to implement them, then Experian might be for you.”Victor Grigaliunas, Sales Director
“My role is challenging, which keeps things new and interesting. The rewards and accolades are nice, and the company does a great job recognizing hard work and a job well done.”Connor Reilly, BIS Hunter
“I am an Account Manager within CIS. I manage hundreds of accounts across every industry and product group that Experian offers to cross sell, which will further benefit my client’s bottom line revenue.”Amber Banks, Account Manager
“Experian is very focused on growing and retaining talent by offering as many opportunities as possible to those seeking it. My three years with Experian are testament to that, with my move to Boston from London being a prime example!”Brolin Rodrigues, Sales Engineer
“Experian embodies the phrase “pay it forward” in that every person I have worked with, whether they have been here for 20 years and are at the top or have been here for 4 months, is willing to take time out of their day to help you in any way they can.”Grace Jakubowski, Account Executive - Growth Channel/Core Team