Patient Self-Pay Management Consultant
Job Number: 188410
At Experian Health, our employees have the opportunity to shape more than products – they shape the future of U.S. healthcare. Experian Health is a pioneer for innovations leading the way in revenue cycle management, identity management, patient engagement, and care management for hospitals, physician groups, labs, pharmacies and other risk-bearing entities. Our success relies on people who are given the freedom to imagine new frontiers in the rapidly changing healthcare space and push the boundaries of innovation. Help us realize our vision of applying data for good and changing the healthcare landscape for the better – for all of us.
- Full Time
- Level: All
- Travel: Variable
- Glassdoor Rating: 3.7 out of 5
At Experian Health, our employees have the opportunity to shape more than products – they shape the future of U.S. healthcare. When looking for new talent to join our health teams, we look for individuals with the following traits:
- Innovation 9
- Problem-Solver 9
- Presenter 8
- Technologically savvy 10
- Confident 6
- Independent 4
- Customer Focused
- Team player
DescriptionThePatient Self-Pay Management Consultant will be responsible for providing Experian Health clients with analytics-based best practices and consulting services that optimize our client’s revenue cycle performance. The ideal candidate will have business development experience in Hospital Revenue Cycle or associated vendor partners, characterized by optimizing opportunities and relationships with the ability to handle multiple projects. Utilize knowledge of Hospital Revenue Cycle to consult with prospect and present clients on how to better utilize Experian solutions or recommend how to modify current practices to achieve the client operational goals. Evaluate client processes and recommend changes in order to make best use of Experian products. The candidate will be responsible for conducting and managing consultative service projects (to include but not limited to new product/solution enhancement and fee for service opportunities). Develop project plans, document client requirements, assign task responsibilities, monitor and summarize progress of projects. Prepare reports and ROI’s for upper management regarding status of projects. Implement projects in accord with contracted scope and budget.PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Understand client needs and objectives and work closely with the Experian team to craft a viable and winning solution and approach. This requires fostering and developing strong relationships within the client.
- Be fully engaged with clients. Understand the client’s business operations and processes in order to develop a strategic plan that best meets their key objectives.
- Continuously apply quality process improvement (PDCA), demonstrating consultant’s expert knowledge in self-pay collections that produces positive ROI and client retention.
- Successful contract execution of a new product as a result of Consultant presentation or introduction.
- Consult with the client on how Experian solutions can augment their operations and process to achieve enhanced ROI.
- Work with Experian Services and Technical staff to develop project timelines to meet the client's requirements.
- Develop a long term project plan to ultimately utilize all appropriate Experian solutions and do so in all appropriate areas of the organization.
- Direct process analysis and client workflow evaluation. Leverage existing or create custom workflow strategies that embeds and enhances Experian products within client’s workflows.
- Consultant will be able to assess revenue cycle operations, make best-practice recommendations related to workflow re-design, organizational design, and effective change management, and professionally deliver the results of his/her analysis that optimizes our solutions performance and provides the basis for lasting results.
- Preparing and conducting operational and organizational assessments, using best practice analytical tools, developing recommendations and plans, measuring results and preparing client and management reports.
- Effectively communicating with internal development and technical support staff to resolve issues; bridging the gap between non-technical user perspective and technical IT perspective.
- Consultant will be responsible for creating criteria for extract files, coordinate file placement utilizing FTP sites, analyze client data and provide strategy recommendations.
- Analyze and facilitate resolution of complex issues from internal and external clients
- Learning, understanding, and identifying customer problems and recognizing core issues
- Maintain on-going positive relationships
- Participate in special projects and perform other duties as required
- Work with Sales as needed to help articulate the value and necessity of Experian Professional Services
- Promote and develop positive business relationships with assigned clients. Communicate, manage and set client expectations related to their solution set or system expansion projects.
- Consultant will exceed client expectations through superior client relationship management skills, extensive product and process knowledge and successful navigation through complex implementation, regulatory and multi-stakeholder requirements.
- Consultant will use their expertise and experience to help our client improve their revenue cycle processes and optimize the use of our solutions in client revenue cycle operations. Specifically, candidate will thoroughly assess’ client operations, systems and financial performance and make recommendations to optimize patient collections by leveraging analytics to streamline and enhance revenue cycle self-pay operations and fulfillment strategies.
Knowledge, Experience & QualificationsRequirements:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a hospital revenue cycle environment.
- Travel required, 25-50%
Education and Experience:
- Healthcare Project Management or Consulting experience
- Excellent skills in Excel, Word, PPT, Visio is preferred
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills
- Flexibility in working with changing needs of organizations.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Experian offers comprehensive coverage with flexible options for you as well as your spouse/domestic partner and eligible dependents. This includes medical, dental and vision insurance, health care savings and spending accounts, dependent care FSA, health & wellness program, and telemedicine.
Personal Finance Protection
We offer several benefits that strengthen your financial protection such as a 401k plan with an employer match, an employee stock purchase plan, life & additional insurance coverage.
We invest in your professional future through our education assistance program and many professional development programs. We also grant 20 scholarships to high school seniors each year to children of Experian employees.
We offer flexible time off in addition to corporate holidays, sick days and paid volunteer time off.
Experian supports your life outside the office with benefits such as our new parental leave policy covering time off for birth mothers as well as birth fathers and mothers/fathers of adoptive or foster children, adoption assistance, and pet insurance.
Experian employees enjoy many other benefits through our employee discounts, company sponsored activities, and flexible total rewards packages. Many of our office locations provide onsite amenities such as fitness centers, game rooms, cafeterias and free snacks in break rooms. We support work/life balance with convenient offices in several metropolitan locations and flexible work arrangements when possible.
“The support you receive when on-boarding and the commitment to human development has been excellent and probably the best I’ve experienced in my professional career.”Peter Moraga, Senior Account Executive - Fraud and ID
“I have never seen a more supportive sales culture. With the dedicated marketing resources and continuous training, it’s a culture with high expectations with the tools and resources to help you achieve.”Sam Hubbard, Account Executive - CU Vertical
“If you want to join a high integrity, world-class organization that allows you the creative freedom to take your ideas and visions and to implement them, then Experian might be for you.”Victor Grigaliunas, Sales Director
“My role is challenging, which keeps things new and interesting. The rewards and accolades are nice, and the company does a great job recognizing hard work and a job well done.”Connor Reilly, BIS Hunter
“I am an Account Manager within CIS. I manage hundreds of accounts across every industry and product group that Experian offers to cross sell, which will further benefit my client’s bottom line revenue.”Amber Banks, Account Manager
“Experian is very focused on growing and retaining talent by offering as many opportunities as possible to those seeking it. My three years with Experian are testament to that, with my move to Boston from London being a prime example!”Brolin Rodrigues, Sales Engineer
“Experian embodies the phrase “pay it forward” in that every person I have worked with, whether they have been here for 20 years and are at the top or have been here for 4 months, is willing to take time out of their day to help you in any way they can.”Grace Jakubowski, Account Executive - Growth Channel/Core Team