Coverage Discovery Optimization Consultant
Job Number: 1810171
Experian is the world’s leading global information services company, unlocking the power of data to create opportunities for consumers, businesses and society. For more than 125 years, we’ve helped consumers and clients prosper, and economies and communities flourish – and we’re not done. Experian has operated at the center of Big Data since before the phrase was coined. Few companies can offer information services on an equivalent scale. Experian has been named to Forbes Magazine’s Top 100 list of the “World’s Most Innovative Companies” for 4 years in a row. We have 16,000 people operating across 37 countries, and every day we’re investing in new technologies, talented people and innovation to help create a better tomorrow.
- Full Time
- Level: Varies By Role
- Travel: Varies By Role
- Glassdoor Rating: 3.7 out of 5
Experian Technology is central to the future success of Experian. Whether developing a new product, enhancing a SaaS solution or securing our networks from external threats, you have a critical role to play. When looking for new talent to join our technical teams, we look for individuals with the following traits:
- Innovation 9
- Problem-Solver 9
- Presenter 8
- Technologically savvy 10
- Confident 6
- Independent 4
- Relationship expertise
- Team player
- Technologically savvy
DescriptionThe Coverage Discovery Optimization Consultant will be responsible for providing Experian Health clients with analytics-based best practices and consulting services that optimize our client’s revenue cycle performance. The ideal candidate will have business development experience in Hospital Revenue Cycle or associated vendor partners, characterized by optimizing opportunities and relationships with the ability to handle multiple projects. Utilize knowledge of Hospital Revenue Cycle to consult with prospect and present clients on how to better utilize Experian solutions or recommend how to modify current practices to achieve the client operational goals. Evaluate client processes and recommend changes in order to make best use of Experian products. The candidate will be responsible for conducting and managing consultative service projects (to include but not limited to new product/solution enhancement and fee for service opportunities). Develop project plans, document client requirements, assign task responsibilities, monitor and summarize progress of projects. Prepare reports and ROI’s for upper management regarding status of projects. Implement projects in accord with contracted scope and budget.
• Understand client needs and objectives and work closely with the Experian team to craft a viable and winning solution and approach. This requires fostering and developing strong relationships within the client.• Be fully engaged with clients. Understand the client’s business operations and processes in order to develop a strategic plan that best meets their key objectives.• Continuously apply quality process improvement (PDCA), demonstrating consultant’s expert knowledge in self-pay collections that produces positive ROI and client retention. • Successful contract execution of a new product as a result of Consultant presentation or introduction.• Consult with the client on how Experian solutions can augment their operations and process to achieve enhanced ROI.• Work with Experian Services and Technical staff to develop project timelines to meet the client's requirements.• Develop a long term project plan to ultimately utilize all appropriate Experian solutions and do so in all appropriate areas of the organization. • Direct process analysis and client workflow evaluation. Leverage existing or create custom workflow strategies that embeds and enhances Experian products within client’s workflows.• Consultant will be able to assess revenue cycle operations, make best-practice recommendations related to workflow re-design, organizational design, and effective change management, and professionally deliver the results of his/her analysis that optimizes our solutions performance and provides the basis for lasting results.• Preparing and conducting operational and organizational assessments, using best practice analytical tools, developing recommendations and plans, measuring results and preparing client and management reports.• Effectively communicating with internal development and technical support staff to resolve issues; bridging the gap between non-technical user perspective and technical IT perspective. • Consultant will be responsible for creating criteria for extract files, coordinate file placement utilizing FTP sites, analyse client data and provide strategy recommendations.• Analyse and facilitate resolution of complex issues from internal and external clients• Learning, understanding, and identifying customer problems and recognizing core issues• Maintain on-going positive relationships • Participate in special projects and perform other duties as required
• Work with Sales as needed to help articulate the value and necessity of Experian Professional Services• Promote and develop positive business relationships with assigned clients. Communicate, manage and set client expectations related to their solution set or system expansion projects.• Consultant will exceed client expectations through superior client relationship management skills, extensive product and process knowledge and successful navigation through complex implementation, regulatory and multi-stakeholder requirements.• Consultant will use their expertise and experience to help our client improve their revenue cycle processes and optimize the use of our solutions in client revenue cycle operations. Specifically, candidate will thoroughly assess’ client operations, systems and financial performance and make recommendations to optimize patient collections by leveraging analytics to streamline and enhance revenue cycle self-pay operations and fulfilment strategies.
Other duties as required.
Knowledge, Experience & QualificationsRequirements:
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a hospital revenue cycle environment. • Travel required, 25-50%
Education and Experience:
• Healthcare Project Management or Consulting experience• Excellent skills in Excel, Word, PPT, Visio is preferred• Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills • Flexibility in working with changing needs of organizations. • Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Experian is the leading global information services company, providing data and analytical tools to our clients around the world. We have always believed that data has the potential to transform lives and create a better tomorrow. We are transforming data into something meaningful: helping businesses to manage credit risk, preventing fraud, targeting marketing offers and automating decision making. We have been named one of the “World’s Most Innovative Companies” by Forbes for 3 years in a row, operating at the center of Big Data since before the phrase was coined. Few companies can offer information services on an equivalent scale. We support clients in more than 80 countries and employ approximately 17,000 people in 37 countries.
Experian is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Anyone needing accommodation to complete the interview process should notify the talent acquisition partner. The word "Experian" is a registered trademark in the EU and other countries and is owned by Experian Ltd. and/or its associated companies.EOE including Disability/Veterans
Experian offers comprehensive coverage with flexible options for you as well as your spouse/domestic partner and eligible dependents. This includes medical, dental and vision insurance, health care savings and spending accounts, dependent care FSA, health & wellness program, and telemedicine.
Personal Finance Protection
We offer several benefits that strengthen your financial protection such as a 401k plan with an employer match, an employee stock purchase plan, life & additional insurance coverage.
We invest in your professional future through our education assistance program and many professional development programs. We also grant 20 scholarships to high school seniors each year to children of Experian employees.
We offer flexible time off in addition to corporate holidays, sick days and paid volunteer time off.
Experian supports your life outside the office with benefits such as our new parental leave policy covering time off for birth mothers as well as birth fathers and mothers/fathers of adoptive or foster children, adoption assistance, and pet insurance.
Experian employees enjoy many other benefits through our employee discounts, company sponsored activities, and flexible total rewards packages. Many of our office locations provide onsite amenities such as fitness centers, game rooms, cafeterias and free snacks in break rooms. We support work/life balance with convenient offices in several metropolitan locations and flexible work arrangements when possible.
“I’m a problem solver, strategist, and security engineer in the Cyber Threat Management realm. The best part of my job is creativity and thinking outside the box is encouraged. I work in a team that enables me to innovate and collaborate with other teams to help drive our organization to a better tomorrow.”Lauren Alvarez, Security Engineer
“The best part of my job is the people I get to work with and for. I am surrounded with some of the most innovative, smart and down to earth characters in the field.”Rafael Molina, Sr. Information Security Specialist, EITS
“At Experian, the technology environment is always changing to keep up with the latest technology out there. It’s innovative, yet what’s motivative is that when there is a change in technology, our employees host training sessions because not everyone fully understand the new technology, so we all grow together to find our best way to every solution.”Wes Hoang, Software Dev Intern
“If you are looking for a workplace to Innovate, grow in professional career and Work with great leaders, then Experian is the best place to be at!”Dhaval Dagli, Technical Product Manager
“I personally enjoy working with a variety of application and technical experts in trouble-shooting and figuring out why something failed, and/or working with the same caliber of colleagues to implement real-world solutions to ensure that we have a solid environment that is sustainable and meets the needs of the business.”Kenn Johnson, Interim Manager of Cyber Security Engineering
Our strategy is centred on delivering world-class expertise to organisations, transforming our relationship with consumers and delivering growth consistently, underpinned by foundations...Read More
Machine Learning Applications for Payment Transaction Data
"Experian DataLabs provide a safe and secure environment to partner with our clients to enable breakthrough data experimentation and innovation." Eric Haller(Experian North America)
Experian Business Information Services
We are looking for talented customer-focused API Developers with 5+ years experience in Node.js, Python and Java.
Experian Hackathon 2017
Collaborating in the Office
IT Clinic in Schaumburg