Senior Consultant - UtilitiesApply Now Experian is an Equal Opportunity Employer Including Disability/Veterans Job Number: 1810365 United Kingdom
We have an exciting opportunity for a Business Consultant to work within the Telco and Utilities Go To Market Consulting team. As a Business Consultant you'll experience significant Client interaction as you support them through early pre-sales consultancy through to on-going delivery and support of our solution. From large established Telco operators through to smaller challenger utilities you'll get to experience it all in this fast paced dynamic role.
As a Business Consultant your role will be a broad one. From providing sales support and consultancy to solution design across the full range of products and solutions, Experian provides. Working closely with the client you'll understand their requirements, identify appropriate Experian solutions, gain agreement as to the benefits of implementing those solutions to meet requirements; and then work with the client and the Delivery team on the projects to embed the solutions successfully and seamlessly in the client’s business. As for background, we're open. Maybe you're a Pre-sale specialist looking for their next challenge; a Solutions Architect looking to try something new; or even a Risk Manager looking to get into consulting, either way, we want to hear from you.
- Be a trusted advisor for our clients and a central point of reference for them at Experian
- Within the client and Experian; design, lead and shape Experian’s on-going engagement and commercial approach
- Work with the Account Management team to generate and develop sales leads and opportunities
- Execute pre-sales consulting to help an organisation understand their possibilities, define their needs, and scope and position Experian’s solutions
- Produce a conceptual business design based on the client’s stated requirements
- Provide support to the commercial and contractual process before and during projects
- Work with the Delivery team to deliver high-quality projects from initial design through to post implementation support
- Provide accurate and timely input to the analytics and delivery resourcing schedules and revenue forecasting process
Who are we looking for?
- Ideally, someone with a successful and proven background either in credit risk decisioning at a Utility organisation
- Alternatively someone within a business providing solutions to one or both of these sectors, which has led them to gaining an excellent working knowledge of credit risk and fraud decision processes across the customer lifecycle.
- A ‘go to’ person who networks effectively, is a consummate communicator with excellent stakeholder management skills and has confidence when dealing with clients and amongst internal stakeholders at Experian.
- Knowledge and experience of building business cases and account plans combined with commercial astuteness means they understand how to make great decisions.
- The proven capability to prepare, implement and present high quality and effective workshops and documents to showcase results delivered.
What’s on offer
We offer an attractive base salary, commission structure and a competitive reward package and actively encourage the expression of ideas and opinions. It’s all about you developing your role and making it your own. Our business offers a breadth of learning activities and programmes so it’s up to you to take the initiative and decide which skills you would like to improve or acquire.
Our diverse workforce is part of the reason for our success. We want everyone to succeed, irrespective of their gender, ethnicity, sexuality, experience, physical ability, age or thinking style. Our talent strategy reflects our commitment to searching the globe for the very best candidates so that we can innovate and deliver the needs of our increasingly diverse clients and consumers. Our progressive policies, such as flexible working hours, ensure that our employees can flourish no matter what their individual circumstance.
On top of your base salary, we offer:
- Performance related bonus scheme
- A car allowance/scheme
- 25 days' annual leave (plus the ability to purchase 5 additional days)
- Generous contributory pension
- Opportunity to buy shares with the company share-save scheme
- Life assurance
- Medical and Dental cover
- Retail discount schemes
- 3 Community involvement days per annum
We also work with our colleagues to understand their long term career aspirations to ensure they have the career development and growth they need to achieve these goals. Through personalised career objectives and performance plans, we open up conversations on progression whether this is achieved through mentoring and coaching or classroom learning environments, we offer rewarding ways in which to learn.
Knowledge, Experience & Qualifications