Senior Java DeveloperApply Now Experian is an Equal Opportunity Employer Including Disability/Veterans Job Number: 189049 Theale, United Kingdom
An exciting opportunity within a small dynamic team, responsible for a key strategic Experian application. We are looking for a bright, dynamic recent graduate who is keen to further their career. You will be joining a highly effective self-organising agile team and you will be a key contributor in designing and implementing key product features. This is a highly technical role requiring excellent coding skills. The product is new and the team is small, offering early responsibility and career progression.
You will be responsible for developing a powerful, intuitive enterprise level data discovery, data cleansing and data analysis platform built on a Java and TypeScript stack. The application scales to process billions of records and talks to big-data frameworks like Hadoop. Future developments include making use of machine learning algorithms, cloud hosting, and connectors to leading data visualisation and BI tools like Tableau.
What you will be doing
- Taking ownership of all aspects of delivery to create high quality products
- Exploring new approaches and develop innovative solutions to customer needs.
- Demonstrating pride in your work through quality and testability of code, automation improvements and usability.
- Building a good understanding of the team’s products and of user stories on the product backlog, enabling effective participation in backlog grooming and sprint planning
- Contributing to the continued evolution of a self-organising, cross-functional team, collaboratively delivering the highest priority enhancements
- Actively considering real customer needs and contributing to a culture where the customer is put first.
- Taking personal responsibility to ensure that you adhere to all regulatory requirements and apply appropriate controls in the interests of our customers
Knowledge, Experience & Qualifications
Qualifications & Experience
- Flexible, adaptable and willing to learn new technologies
- Demonstrable analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Competent Java knowledge, industrial experience is advantageous
- Experience with build tools such as Gradle or Maven
- Familiarity with source control such as Git
- Knowledge of IDEs such as IntelliJ or similar
- Agile development practices
- Experience writing automated test code
- TypeScript experience will be advantageous including frameworks such as Angular, Redux, & Jasmine
- Experience working on high performance data processing and ETL systems
- Microsoft Visual Studio Team Services (or Team Foundation Server)