Software Engineer - Optimization SolutionsApply Now Experian is an Equal Opportunity Employer Including Disability/Veterans Job Number: 186666 Sofia, Bulgaria
We are the leading global information services company, providing data and analytical tools to our clients around the world. We help businesses to manage credit risk, prevent fraud, target marketing offers and automate decision making. We also help people to check their credit report and credit score, and protect against identity theft.
In 2018, for a fifth consecutive year, Experian has been named to Forbes Magazine’s Top 100 list of the “World’s Most Innovative Companies.”
We employ approximately 17,000 people in 37 countries and our corporate headquarters are in Dublin, Ireland, with operational headquarters in Nottingham, UK; California, US; and São Paulo, Brazil.
At Experian, we are committed to building an inclusive culture and creating an environment where people can balance successful careers with their commitments and interests outside of work. Our flexible working practices support our belief that this balance brings long-lasting benefits for our business as well as our people. Some roles lend themselves to flexible options more than others, and if this is important to you, we are open to discussing agile working opportunities during the hiring process.
Experian is currently expanding Sofia based Global Software Group division and is looking for Software Engineer for newly formed Optimization Solutions team. Next Generation OptimizationSolutions are technological evolution of globally available Experian product MarketSwitch Optimization. The product helps businesses to evaluate competing goals, priorities and deliver customer-centric solutions by applying mathematical/statistical models to different optimization problems including Big Data scenarios. Development team’s core objective is to transform current product into customer friendly and appealing Software as a Service solution which simplifies KPIs driven optimization and strategy validation.
This role would suit someone with good technical experience in one of the following: C/C++, Java, .Net and has worked with the Spring Framework. In terms of best practice, the teams work using SCRUM within agile and continuous delivery environment.
- Working in a Scrum Product development team
- Participating in the formulation of technical requirements
- Delivering high quality software by meeting all functional and non-functional product requirements
- Documenting implementation or proposed solutions
- Producing unit and other automated and/or manual end-to-end tests
- Performing peer code reviews
- Integration with other Experian and/or external products and frameworks
- Being able to comply with deadlines
- Involvement and participation in the SCRUM and Kanban process
- Working in distributed multi culture environment
- Between 3-5 years of programming experience with an OOP programming language – C/C++, C#, Java, etc.
- A thorough understanding and experience with design patterns and OOP concepts
- Service Oriented Architectures – SOAP, REST
- Understanding of databases and basic SQL skills
- Product and Team responsibility
- High motivation for continuous learning, acquiring of new skills and knowledge
- Strong communication skills and fluency in English
- Self-organization, efficiency, good time management and ability to work as part of a distributed Team(s)
- University Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
Any of the following abilities and skills will be considered an advantage:
- Experience with C++/C#
- University Degree in Mathematics or previous professional experience
- Experience with Python, Spring Framework and Spring Boot
- Modular architectures – OSGi
- Database programming – JDBC, JPA, Hibernate or other ORM framework.
- Java web programming – Servlets, JSP.
- DevOps Experience – Maven, Ant, Jenkins.
- Working experience with the SCRUM / Kanban processes
- Test Driven Development
- Personal Development - career pathway for professional growth supported by learning and development programs and unlimited access to online educational training courses, learning materials & books
- Work environment - excellent work conditions with friendly environment, recognized strong team spirit, and fun and quality recreation time
- Social benefit package - life insurance, food vouchers, additional health insurance, corporate discounts, Multisport card, and a Share options scheme
- Work-life balance - 25 days paid vacation and 3 additional paid days for participation in Social responsibility events
- Opportunity for Flexible working hours and Home Office