Senior Java Developer - Experian Data QualityApply Now Experian is an Equal Opportunity Employer Including Disability/Veterans Job Number: 184690 Sofia, Bulgaria
We are the leading global information services company, providing data and analytical tools to our clients around the world. We help businesses to manage credit risk, prevent fraud, target marketing offers and automate decision making. We also help people to check their credit report and credit score, and protect against identity theft.
In 2018, for a fifth consecutive year, Experian has been named to Forbes Magazine’s Top 100 list of the “World’s Most Innovative Companies.”
We employ approximately 17,000 people in 37 countries and our corporate headquarters are in Dublin, Ireland, with operational headquarters in Nottingham, UK; California, US; and São Paulo, Brazil.
At Experian, we are committed to building an inclusive culture and creating an environment where people can balance successful careers with their commitments and interests outside of work. Our flexible working practices support our belief that this balance brings long-lasting benefits for our business as well as our people. Some roles lend themselves to flexible options more than others, and if this is important to you, we are open to discussing agile working opportunities during the hiring process.
The Experian Data Quality teams drive the direction of, and deliver enhancements to the Experian real time and bulk contact data management solutions. As a senior member of a self-organising agile team you’ll play a key part in shaping the future of our contact data quality capabilities and take a leading role throughout the breadth of the software development life cycle, refining user stories to implementing solutions and associated automated tests. This is a dynamic role requiring sound judgement when balancing perfectionism and pragmatism with the ability to react to the ever changing needs of our users and constantly look for ways to improve our engineering effectiveness.Responsibilities:
- Takes ownership of all aspects of delivery to create world class products
- Explore new approaches and develop innovative solutions to customer needs
- Demonstrate good quality and testability of code, automation improvements and usability
- Build a good understanding of the team’s products and of user stories on the product backlog to enable effective participation in backlog grooming and sprint planning
- Work with other team members to prepare for and deliver feature demos and showcase to internal clients and customers
- Regular direct contact with customers and networking with members of customer-facing parts of the business
- Code debugging and bug fixing in our core products
- Of graduate caliber or equivalent qualifications or experience.
- Proven capability in one or more JVM languages Java, Scala or Kotlin
- Proven capability of software component and integration design
- Flexible and adaptable to learn and understand new technologies
- Demonstrable analytical and problem-solving abilities, coupled with an enquiring mind and the ability to learn quickly
- Good communicator, capable of expressing complex ideas to a wide range of technical and non-technical staff
- Strong understanding of testing techniques, automated testing and the value of a test-first approach to deliver a high-quality solution that meets client needs
- Working experience with Agile product development methodologies (Scrum, Kanban or Lean)
- Automated testing (unit testing, TDD or BDD)
- Experience with developing for Linux platforms
- Experience with git, build and release automation pipelines
Any of the following abilities and skills will be considered as an advantage:
- Experience using Message Queues such as ActiveMQ
- Understanding of both relational and NoSQL database systems (MySQL, Cassandra or Elasticsearch)
- Experience building REST web services
- Personal Development - career pathway for professional growth supported by learning and development programs and unlimited access to online educational training courses, learning materials & books
- Work environment - excellent work conditions with friendly environment, recognized strong team spirit, and fun and quality recreation time
- Social benefit package - life insurance, food vouchers, additional health insurance, corporate discounts, Multisport card, and a Share options scheme
- Work-life balance - 25 days paid vacation and 3 additional paid days for participation in Social responsibility events
- Opportunity for Flexible working hours and Home Office