Senior Agile Product Owner – Optimization SolutionsApply Now Experian is an Equal Opportunity Employer Including Disability/Veterans Job Number: 188204 Sofia, Bulgaria
We are the leading global information services company, providing data and analytical tools to our clients around the world. We help businesses to manage credit risk, prevent fraud, target marketing offers and automate decision making.
We also help people to check their credit report and credit score, and protect against identity theft. In 2018, for the fifth consecutive year, Experian has been named to Forbes Magazine’s Top 100 list of the “World’s Most Innovative Companies.”
We employ approximately 17,000 people in 38 countries and our corporate headquarters are in Dublin, Ireland, with operational headquarters in Nottingham, UK; California, US; and São Paulo, Brazil.
At Experian, we are committed to building an inclusive culture and to creating an environment where people can balance successful careers with their commitments and interests outside of work. Our flexible working practices support our belief that this balance brings long-lasting benefits for our business as well as our people. Some roles lend themselves to flexible options more than others, and if this is important to you, we are open to discussing agile working opportunities during the hiring process.
Experian is currently expanding Sofia based Global Software Group division and is looking for Senior Agile Product Owner for newly formed Optimization team. In the role of Senior Agile Product Owner you will be a member of the product development team, working closely with the Product Management, different internal and external stakeholders, software and quality engineers to ensure that the product vision exists and is clearly communicated. You will play key part in the process of mapping this challenging vision to the product backlog, which is then taken by dev teams and results in the delivery of products that exceed client expectations. The product itself helps businesses to evaluate competing goals, priorities and deliver customer-centric solutions by applying mathematical/statistical models to different optimization problems including Big Data scenarios. Among other technological challenges, product’s roadmap includes adoption of Machine Learning as well as further utilization of Experian’s Big Data layer.
• Working closely with Product Management to clarify and prioritize requirements, analyzing business need according to product trends, cost and timelines and work on respected artifacts (high level definition, business scenarios, user stories, functional/non-functional requirements, accepted criteria);
• Work with Program Management to ensure scope and prioritization is aligned all dependent products/components;
• Work with Architects to position high level requirements and get respective design, complexity assessment, conceptual technology direction to understand feature cost;
• Be available to software developers & QA teams to communicate requirements and ensure they are well-understood.
• Participation on agile/scrum respective meetings;
• Management of product backlog tracking, collaboration with Scrum Masters to get accurate transparency of planned vs. actual work to manage stakeholders expectations;
• Accept teams deliverables to ensure requirements have been implemented appropriately. Review test cases & scripts to ensure that QA coverage is appropriate;
• Support wider DA business regarding product releases, deliver/contribute to product awareness sessions and assist in the production of internal release documentation;
• Traveling outside Bulgaria, when projects require
• At least 2 years experience as a Product Owner and/or Business Analyst
• Exposure to (or understanding of) the full software development lifecycle - from initial concept through requirements gathering, analysis, design, programming and testing, to deployment and training
• Strong verbal and written communication skills – requirements elucidation, documentation, development planning meetings, workshop facilitation, presentations
• Excellent analytical & problem-solving skills, thorough impact analysis and attention to detail
• Good negotiation skills - ability to manage expectations and control scope
• Visionary entrepreneur who is able to see exactly what his or her business is going to look like in every detail when it is done
• Fluent English language skills
The following abilities and skills will be considered an advantage:
• Agile development methodologies – SCRUM
• Previous experience as a product owner is strong advantage
• Background of developing financial and bank systems is an advantage
• Excellent team player and leader – working closely with multiple stakeholders
• Personal Development - career pathway for professional growth supported by learning and development programs and unlimited access to online educational training courses, learning materials & books
• Work environment - excellent work conditions with friendly environment, recognized strong team spirit, and fun and quality recreation time
• Social benefit package - life insurance, food vouchers, additional health insurance, corporate discounts, Multisport card, and a Share options scheme
• Work-life balance - 25 days paid vacation and 3 additional paid days for participation in Social responsibility events
• Opportunity for Flexible working hours and Home Office