QA Engineer within BI TeamApply Now Experian is an Equal Opportunity Employer Including Disability/Veterans Job Number: 188419 Sofia, Bulgaria
DescriptionWe are the leading global information services company, providing data and analytical tools to our clients around the world. We help businesses to manage credit risk, prevent fraud, target marketing offers and automate decision making. We also help people to check their credit report and credit score, and protect against identity theft.
In 2018, for a fifth consecutive year, Experian has been named to Forbes Magazine’s Top 100 list of the “World’s Most Innovative Companies.”
We employ approximately 17,000 people in 37 countries and our corporate headquarters are in Dublin, Ireland, with operational headquarters in Nottingham, UK; California, US; and São Paulo, Brazil.
At Experian, we are committed to building an inclusive culture and creating an environment where people can balance successful careers with their commitments and interests outside of work. Our flexible working practices support our belief that this balance brings long-lasting benefits for our business as well as our people. Some roles lend themselves to flexible options more than others, and if this is important to you, we are open to discussing agile working opportunities during the hiring process.
Experian is now looking for a BI Quality Assurance Engineer to join our Business Intelligence Team in the Decision Analytics business division.
In this role you will be expected to drive testing excellence through good business, BI product awareness and utilization of BI QA best practices. You will work with the BI Development team, as well as other stakeholders such as Product Managers, Product Owners, Senior QAs, in order to implement the full test lifecycle from functional and system integration test scenarios to scripting and testing.
- Understand and contribute to the business and technical understanding of the data warehouse reporting solution, in order to be able to define, create, execute and maintain, end to end BI test cases and scripts.
- Prioritise, coordinate and implement test activity.
- Produce test estimates.
- Initial and continual automation of the testing process, which includes, volume and performance testing, historical loads, and other common functional and non functional BI related test scenarios.
- Analyse and report product issues identified by test executions, communicate with the developers to make sure these are understood, and input into assisting with what the resolution of these should be with your knowledge of the scenario.
- Take part in software design discussions, reviews, planning and strategy sessions - contributing to ongoing improvement of quality assurance standards and procedures.
- Ensure that tests are in compliance with to testing best practices, suggest and implement how to fill in gaps of testing where there are any.
- Input into the enterprise understanding of that data and how it is used – such as canonical data models, data lineage, data dictionaries, user metric guides as a result of testing analysis.
- Experience with large transactional data volumes, and the types of solutions that support these in data warehousing.
- Strong SQL experience (ideally on Postgres or open source databases), coupled with strong general scripting skills - familiarity of storage of JSON objectives very advantageous.
- Experience of Agile development and testing within this methodology.
- Experience with bug tracking systems, version control systems (such as Jira, Bitbucket)
- Familiarity with build and automation tools (such as Jenkins, Fitnesse, Cucumber)
- Good communication skills and ability to work in multi-cultural team and build trust with other members of the team
- Enthusiasm and drive even when under pressure
- Ability to provide clear visibility on plans, issues/risks
- Fluency in English - verbally and in writing.
- University Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
The following will be considered as an advantage:
- Ability to understand streaming data sources - for example defining tests for an api that the solution will be consuming from.
- Understanding of all aspects of BI – from business requirements down to front end reporting tool set all the way through to back end databases and source systems.
- Background of developing financial and bank systems
- Personal Development - career pathway for professional growth supported by learning and development programs and unlimited access to online educational training courses, learning materials & books
- Work environment - excellent work conditions with friendly environment, recognized strong team spirit, and fun and quality recreation time
- Social benefit package - life insurance, food vouchers, additional health insurance, corporate discounts, Multisport card, and a Share options scheme
- Work-life balance - 25 days paid vacation and 3 additional paid days for participation in Social responsibility events
- Opportunity for Flexible working hours and Home Office