Lead Software Engineer - Global Software GroupApply Now Experian is an Equal Opportunity Employer Including Disability/Veterans Job Number: 188973 Sofia, Bulgaria
We are the leading global information services company, providing data and analytical tools to our clients around the world. We help businesses to manage credit risk, prevent fraud, target marketing offers and automate decision making. We also help people to check their credit report and credit score, and protect against identity theft.
In 2018, for a fifth consecutive year, Experian has been named to Forbes Magazine’s Top 100 list of the “World’s Most Innovative Companies.”
We employ approximately 17,000 people in 37 countries and our corporate headquarters are in Dublin, Ireland, with operational headquarters in Nottingham, UK; California, US; and São Paulo, Brazil.
At Experian, we are committed to building an inclusive culture and creating an environment where people can balance successful careers with their commitments and interests outside of work. Our flexible working practices support our belief that this balance brings long-lasting benefits for our business as well as our people. Some roles lend themselves to flexible options more than others, and if this is important to you, we are open to discussing agile working opportunities during the hiring process.
Experian is a global leader in consumer and business credit reporting and marketing services. Our goal is to deliver software products to the businesses in order to help them manage their credit risk, prevent fraud, target marketing offers and automate decision making. The company employs approximately 17,000 people in 38 countries and is part of UK's FTSE 100 index with revenue of $4.8B.
Experian Decision Analytics is the fastest growing business in the company. Decision Analytics team in Sofia is expanding to deliver software products and services in this growing market.
We are now looking for a Lead Software Engineer to provide technical leadership to a team of software engineers following best product development processes and practices.
- Engage in both business and technical aspects of the product to a level where you can be an effective contributor in daily activities and strategic planning
- Provide hands-on technical guidance related to product architecture and approach
- Ensure best practices in development and testing are followed and improved through encouraging feedback loops, metrics collection and analysis
- Drive evolvement ofexisting practices, processes, and procedures for the development of on-premise and SaaS products
- Ensure productive Agile and Continuous Delivery processes and practices are followed
- Maintain good communication, collaboration and relationships with distant teams working on the product
- Take key role in staffing and shaping the teams with proper skillsets and attitudes
- Promote company values through coaching and leadership
- Travel outside Bulgaria when required
- Minimum 5 years technical hands-on experience, preferably working on SaaS
- Very good understanding of the concepts and patterns of OOP
- Skills and experience with design patterns and architectures
- Skills and experience with enterprise systems and applications
- Understanding of the concepts of Continuous Delivery and DevOps
- Strong communication skills and ability to cooperate with software development teams based in other locations
- Product and team responsibility
- High motivation for learning and acquiring of new skills
- Self-organization, efficiency, good time and task management
- University Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Fluency in English
Any of the following abilities and skills will be considered an advantage:
- Knowledge in AngularJS.
- Knowledge in AWS
- Knowledge in NoSQL databases
- Working experience with the SCRUM process(or other Agile concepts)
- Personal Development - career pathway for professional growth supported by learning and development programs and unlimited access to online educational training courses, learning materials & books
- Work environment - excellent work conditions with friendly environment, recognized strong team spirit, and fun and quality recreation time
- Social benefit package - life insurance, food vouchers, additional health insurance, corporate discounts, Multisport card, and a Share options scheme
- Work-life balance - 25 days paid vacation and 3 additional paid days for participation in Social responsibility events
- Opportunity for Flexible working hours and Home Office