DevOps EngineerApply Now Experian is an Equal Opportunity Employer Including Disability/Veterans Job Number: 189567 Sofia, Bulgaria
We are the leading global information services company, providing data and analytical tools to our clients around the world. We help businesses to manage credit risk, prevent fraud, target marketing offers and automate decision making. We also help people to check their credit report and credit score, and protect against identity theft.
In 2018, for a fifth consecutive year, Experian has been named to Forbes Magazine’s Top 100 list of the “World’s Most Innovative Companies.”
We employ approximately 17,000 people in 37 countries and our corporate headquarters are in Dublin, Ireland, with operational headquarters in Nottingham, UK; California, US; and São Paulo, Brazil.
At Experian, we are committed to building an inclusive culture and creating an environment where people can balance successful careers with their commitments and interests outside of work. Our flexible working practices support our belief that this balance brings long-lasting benefits for our business as well as our people. Some roles lend themselves to flexible options more than others, and if this is important to you, we are open to discussing agile working opportunities during the hiring process.
You will be primarily involved in the evolution and maintenance of the build infrastructure and tools we use to develop & deliver products from our software range, as well as consulting with our teams on best practice. The products are written primarily in Java and are run across a number of different platforms and environments, our infrastructure is a combination of in-house virtualization using VMWare along with Amazon Web Services.
You will need to be a proactive engineer with experience working within the software development lifecycle and a good understanding of build engineering, software release and infrastructure management. Excellent communication and organizational skills are also essential, as is the ability to work both independently and as a team player.
You will have the opportunity to extend your skills and learn cutting edge containerized deployments methods.
- To be part of a team responsible for management and evolution of continuous delivery systems and their associated infrastructure which are used to facilitate software development.
- To contribute towards both maintaining and evolving our build, tools & infrastructure to improve the quality of our products and the efficiency of the teams.
- To take responsibility for management of local infrastructure, as well as consulting with the development team to produce software applications which are used by internal and external customers.
- To promote and ensure best practices are followed by the software development group.
- To act as the liaison between development teams, support and external consultants to facilitate evolution of the software delivery (e.g. release deployment, security testing, etc.)
- 2+ years previous experience in DevOps, Infrastracture operations or similar Basic knowledge and exposure to modern software development methodologies (OO, Agile)
- Knowledge and business experience of Java based applications
- Strong knowledge of build scripting technologies such as Maven and Gradle
- Experience with configuration of automated build and test systems.
- Experience with configuration of online collaboration and issue tracking tools
- Strong understanding and hands on experience with Linux OS (RedHat, Debian)
- Experience with networking principles and technologies (DNS, Load Balancers, Reverse Proxies)
- Practical experience implementing any of - AWS, GCP, Azure
- Experience with one of the scripting technologies – Groovy, Python, Bash and others.
- Knowledge of infrastructure automation tools ( Ansible, Chef)
- Experience in CI/CD and quality tools (Git, Jenkins pipelines, SonarQube, BlackDuck)
- Familiar with microservices and API driven services.
- Knowledge in container based deployment technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, and OpenShift)
- Professional, assertive and confident
- Strong analytical problem solving ability
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently or as part of a project team
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (fluency in English)
- Desire and ability to work well with others in a team environment
- Ability to work on tight deadlines
- Experience working with remote teams
- Personal Development - career pathway for professional growth supported by learning and development programs and unlimited access to online educational training courses, learning materials & books
- Work environment - excellent work conditions with friendly environment, recognized strong team spirit, and fun and quality recreation time
- Social benefit package - life insurance, food vouchers, additional health insurance, corporate discounts, Multisport card, and a Share options scheme
- Work-life balance - 25 days paid vacation and 3 additional paid days for participation in Social responsibility events
- Opportunity for Flexible working hours and Home Office