Healthcare Claims and Remittance Operation Manager
Job Number: 19909
Schaumburg, Illinois, Franklin, Tennessee
At Experian Health, our employees have the opportunity to shape more than products – they shape the future of U.S. healthcare. Experian Health is a pioneer for innovations leading the way in revenue cycle management, identity management, patient engagement, and care management for hospitals, physician groups, labs, pharmacies and other risk-bearing entities. Our success relies on people who are given the freedom to imagine new frontiers in the rapidly changing healthcare space and push the boundaries of innovation. Help us realize our vision of applying data for good and changing the healthcare landscape for the better – for all of us.
- Full Time
- Level: All
- Travel: Variable
- Glassdoor Rating: 3.7 out of 5
At Experian Health, our employees have the opportunity to shape more than products – they shape the future of U.S. healthcare. When looking for new talent to join our health teams, we look for individuals with the following traits:
- Innovation 9
- Problem-Solver 9
- Presenter 8
- Technologically savvy 10
- Confident 6
- Independent 4
- Customer Focused
- Team player
DescriptionAt Experian Health, our employees have the opportunity to shape more than products – they shape the future of U.S. healthcare. Experian Health is a pioneer for innovations leading the way in revenue cycle management, identity management, patient engagement, and care management for hospitals, physician groups, labs, pharmacies and other risk-bearing entities. Our success relies on people who are given the freedom to imagine new frontiers in the rapidly changing healthcare space and push the boundaries of innovation. Help us realize our vision of applying data for good and changing the healthcare landscape for the better – for all of us.
The Healthcare Claims and Remittance Operation Manager will lead the team which provides support to both the Claims Clearinghouse and the Remit Clearinghouse. The Healthcare Claims and Remittance Operation Manager will work closely with data providers, software development, customer support, and business analyst teams and leaders to monitor file activity and investigate all claims or remit related issues. Issues investigated can include: non-delivery of files, incorrect file formats, claim rejection investigations and provider enrollment verification.
• Plans, staffs, reviews and organizes subordinate supervisor or staff assignments for a department or major group within a department. Provides leadership, coaching, guidance, training and staff development.
• Responsible for staff salary planning, personnel actions, and performance management process.
• Manages departmental financial and operational goals and objectives through subordinate supervisors and staff. May participate with senior management in the development of department budget as well as operational goals and objectives.
• Remains aware of internal company environment, competitive environment, and market trends and developments within functional area. Applies knowledge and provides input to senior management to develop policies and procedures that affect departmental operations and may impact other functional areas.
• Responds to inquiries regarding EDI issues with claims and remits
• Responsible for communicating issues related to claims and remits to internal and external users. Provides root cause analysis, resolution and documentation on problem tickets (using Salesforce)
• Monitor both the Claim Health Monitor and the ERA Monitor (in-house applications) for errors or problems and determine the appropriate method of investigation to use for troubleshooting the problem
• Track open issues and report to customer support, development, and/or clients until resolution is obtained
• Supports team which provides first level customer support and incident management and that are the primary contact for triage and coordination of claim or remit related issues
• Support file transfer processes for both claims and remits as required
• Act as a liaison between development teams and support teams as well as the payers
• Maintains and distributes reports to customers and partners
• Develop tools and/or utilities to help with the troubleshooting process.
Knowledge, Experience & QualificationsREQUIRED:
• BA/BS or equivalent experience
• 5-7 years functional experience in healthcare industry
• Advanced Healthcare industry knowledge
• Advanced customer service skills
• Advanced oral and written communication skills
• Strong attention to detail and routine tasks and checklists is essential
• General knowledge of health care EDI 27x and 83X transactions
• Experience working at a healthcare clearinghouse highly desired
• 2-3 years managerial experience
• Advanced management and leadership skills
• Advanced project management skills
• Experience in computer operations
• General knowledge of TCP/IP networks and experience troubleshooting connectivity issues
• Experience with FTP and secure FTP
• Expertise in creating and running batch files and basic SQL scripts
• Experience with SQL Server 2005/2008 or other RDBMS
Experian is the world’s leading global information services company, unlocking the power of data to create opportunities for consumers, businesses and society. For more than 125 years, we’ve helped consumers and clients prosper, and economies and communities flourish – and we’re not done. Experian has operated at the center of Big Data since before the phrase was coined. Few companies can offer information services on an equivalent scale. Experian has been named to Forbes Magazine’s Top 100 list of the “World’s Most Innovative Companies” for 5 years in a row. We have 16,000 people operating across 37 countries, and every day we’re investing in new technologies, talented people and innovation to help create a better tomorrow.
Experian is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Anyone needing accommodation to complete the interview process should notify the talent acquisition partner. The word "Experian" is a registered trademark in the EU and other countries and is owned by Experian Ltd. and/or its associated companies.
EOE including Disability/Veterans
Experian offers comprehensive coverage with flexible options for you as well as your spouse/domestic partner and eligible dependents. This includes medical, dental and vision insurance, health care savings and spending accounts, dependent care FSA, health & wellness program, and telemedicine.
Personal Finance Protection
We offer several benefits that strengthen your financial protection such as a 401k plan with an employer match, an employee stock purchase plan, life & additional insurance coverage.
We invest in your professional future through our education assistance program and many professional development programs. We also grant 20 scholarships to high school seniors each year to children of Experian employees.
We offer flexible time off in addition to corporate holidays, sick days and paid volunteer time off.
Experian supports your life outside the office with benefits such as our new parental leave policy covering time off for birth mothers as well as birth fathers and mothers/fathers of adoptive or foster children, adoption assistance, and pet insurance.
Experian employees enjoy many other benefits through our employee discounts, company sponsored activities, and flexible total rewards packages. Many of our office locations provide onsite amenities such as fitness centers, game rooms, cafeterias and free snacks in break rooms. We support work/life balance with convenient offices in several metropolitan locations and flexible work arrangements when possible.
“The support you receive when on-boarding and the commitment to human development has been excellent and probably the best I’ve experienced in my professional career.”Peter Moraga, Senior Account Executive - Fraud and ID
“I have never seen a more supportive sales culture. With the dedicated marketing resources and continuous training, it’s a culture with high expectations with the tools and resources to help you achieve.”Sam Hubbard, Account Executive - CU Vertical
“If you want to join a high integrity, world-class organization that allows you the creative freedom to take your ideas and visions and to implement them, then Experian might be for you.”Victor Grigaliunas, Sales Director
“My role is challenging, which keeps things new and interesting. The rewards and accolades are nice, and the company does a great job recognizing hard work and a job well done.”Connor Reilly, BIS Hunter
“I am an Account Manager within CIS. I manage hundreds of accounts across every industry and product group that Experian offers to cross sell, which will further benefit my client’s bottom line revenue.”Amber Banks, Account Manager
“Experian is very focused on growing and retaining talent by offering as many opportunities as possible to those seeking it. My three years with Experian are testament to that, with my move to Boston from London being a prime example!”Brolin Rodrigues, Sales Engineer
“Experian embodies the phrase “pay it forward” in that every person I have worked with, whether they have been here for 20 years and are at the top or have been here for 4 months, is willing to take time out of their day to help you in any way they can.”Grace Jakubowski, Account Executive - Growth Channel/Core Team