IT Director - Data
Job Number: 189683
Experian is the world’s leading global information services company, unlocking the power of data to create opportunities for consumers, businesses and society. For more than 125 years, we’ve helped consumers and clients prosper, and economies and communities flourish – and we’re not done. Experian has operated at the center of Big Data since before the phrase was coined. Few companies can offer information services on an equivalent scale. Experian has been named to Forbes Magazine’s Top 100 list of the “World’s Most Innovative Companies” for 4 years in a row. We have 16,000 people operating across 37 countries, and every day we’re investing in new technologies, talented people and innovation to help create a better tomorrow.
- Full Time
- Level: Varies By Role
- Travel: Varies By Role
- Glassdoor Rating: 3.7 out of 5
Experian Technology is central to the future success of Experian. Whether developing a new product, enhancing a SaaS solution or securing our networks from external threats, you have a critical role to play. When looking for new talent to join our technical teams, we look for individuals with the following traits:
- Innovation 9
- Problem-Solver 9
- Presenter 8
- Technologically savvy 10
- Confident 6
- Independent 4
- Relationship expertise
- Team player
- Technologically savvy
DescriptionExperian Automotive is transforming how the automotive industry uses data to drive actionable insights. We help businesses manage risk, better understand their markets, target the right customers at the right time with the right offer - and keep them coming back.
We leverage a richer breadth of data assets all under one roof. This unmatched level of intelligence enables our clients to see trends and take action before the competition, giving them a stronger advantage to make decisions that position them to win in a crowded marketplace.
Experian Automotive has an opening for a highly motivated Data IT Director to direct the functions and staff of the Data Analysis and Integration Team, ensuring the smooth and ongoing flow of data receipt, entry into the Experian Automotive database and preparation for product use. The successful candidate will also have the technological expertise to help guide system modernization projects and fresh approaches to data management.
- Seek opportunities for data management improvement and potential architecture redesign.
- Prioritize and schedule work, direct staff to perform all the required duties of the Data Analysis and Integration team, help ensure that data is received and loaded in a timely and error-free manner.
- Manage daily production schedule, coordinating all demands on key data warehouses/marts
- Develop and manage processes that ensure data analysis and quality checks are performed throughout the data development process.
- Oversee analysis of raw data for new or missing data elements or formats; investigate data problems and correct before entry into database.
- Oversee analysis of data trends and anomalies; find and correct problems; develop and propose database improvements and coordinate their implementation.
- Communicate effectively to senior management on any data issues
- Investigate and develop new data sources.
- Develop and/or enhance data handling rules to maximize effective use of data.
- Maintain a current and accurate VIN decode environment to identify vehicles correctly and quickly.
- Ensure that all processes meet Experian Automotive Compliance standards.
- Select, develop, motivate and manage staff; increase their responsibilities where possible to further their individual growth; promote teamwork.
- Develop strong cross-functional relationships with other areas of Experian Automotive, especially the State Relations and Development teams, to help ensure smooth and ongoing receipt of data and correct use of data in products/deliverables.
- Possess ability and willingness to execute some tasks directly if needed.
- Work closely with business counterparts to determine feasibility of new potential data sources and develop rules to effectively leverage new sources.
Knowledge, Experience & QualificationsRequired Education/Skills:
We are seeking highly motivated individual with a proven and consistent track record of professional and personal achievement. Creativity, initiative, resourcefulness and an entrepreneurial spirit are a must, in addition to:
- Bachelor’s degree Engineering or Computer Science (Master’s preferred)
- Minimum 10 years of people management experience
- Must have Agile Methodology experience in a software development environment.
- Strong technological skills, experience and knowledge of data management tools and trends (DataStage experience is a plus, but not required)
- Ability to adapt to and learn new technology and software tools
- Strong organizational, communication and people skills
- Proven ability to work collaboratively across various teams of an organization
- Solid analytical and project management skills in an agile environment
- Experience in both an operations/production environment and the data quality and/or analysis field
- AWS experience is a plus, but not required
Experian offers comprehensive coverage with flexible options for you as well as your spouse/domestic partner and eligible dependents. This includes medical, dental and vision insurance, health care savings and spending accounts, dependent care FSA, health & wellness program, and telemedicine.
Personal Finance Protection
We offer several benefits that strengthen your financial protection such as a 401k plan with an employer match, an employee stock purchase plan, life & additional insurance coverage.
We invest in your professional future through our education assistance program and many professional development programs. We also grant 20 scholarships to high school seniors each year to children of Experian employees.
We offer flexible time off in addition to corporate holidays, sick days and paid volunteer time off.
Experian supports your life outside the office with benefits such as our new parental leave policy covering time off for birth mothers as well as birth fathers and mothers/fathers of adoptive or foster children, adoption assistance, and pet insurance.
Experian employees enjoy many other benefits through our employee discounts, company sponsored activities, and flexible total rewards packages. Many of our office locations provide onsite amenities such as fitness centers, game rooms, cafeterias and free snacks in break rooms. We support work/life balance with convenient offices in several metropolitan locations and flexible work arrangements when possible.
“I’m a problem solver, strategist, and security engineer in the Cyber Threat Management realm. The best part of my job is creativity and thinking outside the box is encouraged. I work in a team that enables me to innovate and collaborate with other teams to help drive our organization to a better tomorrow.”Lauren Alvarez, Security Engineer
“The best part of my job is the people I get to work with and for. I am surrounded with some of the most innovative, smart and down to earth characters in the field.”Rafael Molina, Sr. Information Security Specialist, EITS
“At Experian, the technology environment is always changing to keep up with the latest technology out there. It’s innovative, yet what’s motivative is that when there is a change in technology, our employees host training sessions because not everyone fully understand the new technology, so we all grow together to find our best way to every solution.”Wes Hoang, Software Dev Intern
“If you are looking for a workplace to Innovate, grow in professional career and Work with great leaders, then Experian is the best place to be at!”Dhaval Dagli, Technical Product Manager
“I personally enjoy working with a variety of application and technical experts in trouble-shooting and figuring out why something failed, and/or working with the same caliber of colleagues to implement real-world solutions to ensure that we have a solid environment that is sustainable and meets the needs of the business.”Kenn Johnson, Interim Manager of Cyber Security Engineering
Our strategy is centred on delivering world-class expertise to organisations, transforming our relationship with consumers and delivering growth consistently, underpinned by foundations...Read More
Machine Learning Applications for Payment Transaction Data
"Experian DataLabs provide a safe and secure environment to partner with our clients to enable breakthrough data experimentation and innovation." Eric Haller(Experian North America)
Experian Business Information Services
We are looking for talented customer-focused API Developers with 5+ years experience in Node.js, Python and Java.
Experian Hackathon 2017
Collaborating in the Office
IT Clinic in Schaumburg