Head of Lean Six sigma- Black BeltApply Now Experian is an Equal Opportunity Employer Including Disability/Veterans Job Number: 19273 Santiago, Chile
About Experian PLC
Experian plc is a consumer credit reporting agency. Experian collects and aggregates information on over one billion people and businesses including 235 million individual US consumers and more than 25 million US businesses. Based in Dublin, Ireland, the company operates in 37 countries with headquarters in the United Kingdom, the United States, and Brazil. The company employs approximately 17,000 people and reported revenue for 2018 of US $4.6 billion. It is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a constituent of the FTSE 100 Index. Experian is a partner in the UK government's Verify ID system and USPS Address Validation. It is one of the "Big Three" credit-reporting agencies, alongside TransUnion and Equifax.
In addition to its credit services, Experian also sells decision analytic and marketing assistance to businesses, including individual fingerprinting and targeting. Its consumer services include online access to credit history and products meant to protect from fraud and identity theft.
The successful candidate must be able to influence and manage at all levels, from the “executive suite to the production floor” and all layers in between.The candidate must be comfortable understanding and applying business strategy across Global Operations, consulting, application of automation technologies, influencing senior leaders, and giving direction at all levels within a global shared service centre environment. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of management and organizational principles and self-motivation are essential.
- Enhance training / coaching curriculum to be most useful and relevant to the Experian culture and business operation.
- Personally deliver Lean Six Sigma training to “belt” candidates and new hires.This will include Champion, new hire induction, Yellow-, Green-, and Black-belt candidates.Lead Kaizen and Just Do It workshops to create quick wins and foster a culture of continuous improvement.
- Understand, develop and apply global strategies to optimize processes and drive standardization across Experian globally with an initial focus on data operations processes across regions enabling improved time to file and quality resulting in positive Client, Customer and financial benefits.
- Oversee and collaborate on the development, preparation, and presentation of productivity investment cases to ensure objectives, risks, benefits and approach are clearly articulated and embraced and regional and global levels.
- Assess, design and implement improvements using advanced technologies such as Robotic Process Automation (RPA) and advanced analytics such as machine learning with the support of IT partners.
- Aligning common practices and technology that should be used across regions to create operational scale.
- Performing assessments utilizing analytical skills to understand internal client environments and associated optimization opportunities using a structured framework to enable opportunities to be qualified quickly and accurately.
- Leverage Lean Six Sigma to enhance service delivery and related value stream activities
- Support efforts to align to global standards for technology and processes that will allow Experian to leverage our scale by driving consistent practices and avoiding wasted cost/effort.
- Develop and deploy internal controls and organizational metrics dashboards.
Executive-level stakeholder engagement, explicit endorsement of recommended actions:
- Group-level and Business Unit executives (Regional CEOs, Presidents, Managing Directors).
Collaboration and agreement on approach and recommended actions:
- Regional Process Improvement executives.
- Function Managers (onshore / offshore).
- External clients.
- Delivers excellent results aligned with strategic objectives that are measurable and sustainable.
- Good leadership attitude – positive and motivational during periods of uncertainty.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills – authentic, honest.
- Good judgement; strong sense of discretion and confidentiality – builds and maintains trust.
- Creative approach to problem solving – collaboratively works through challenges.
- Ability to work across a variety of cultures – adaptable, respectful of differences.
Knowledge, Experience & Qualifications
- Master’s Degree preferred (MBA, Industrial Engineer or equivalent)
- Six Sigma Master Black Belt certification from reputable program
- Minimum 5-10 years as a full-time BB and/or MBB with hands-on Lean expertise or equivalent operational excellence/industrial engineering methodologies
- Language proficiency:English (required)
- Ability to travel 25-50%
- Extensive experience in Operations, Service industry and/or back-office functions, e.g. Decision analytics, Sales operations, Customer call centres, Client service delivery, Finance, HR, IT operations, Compliance, Audit, Risk, Lega
- Proven success in partnering with global management and operations in driving business performance gains.
- Proven success in developing and executing business strategies, continuous improvement, analytics and advanced technologies to improve business performance.
- Strong leadership with capacity to balance empathy with determination, staunchly defending a strategic direction while considering the position of others.
- Participated in and/or led at least 25 projects at Black Belt level or related senior operational excellence/industrial engineering methodologies
- Designed, deployed and analysed VOC surveys and SWOT assessments
- Background in creating global operational process standards and implementing into a corporate Shared Service environment
- Demonstrated mastery of Transactional Lean and Six Sigma tools or related operational excellence/industrial engineering methodologies
- Advanced data analytics
- Development of metrics and dashboard concepts
- Applied knowledge of modern technologies to automate transactional processes
- Change Management education and experience
- Demonstrated ability to transform an organization’s culture through process and metrics-driven performance
- Experience working with both large and small teams distributed within globally matrixed environment
- Business financial assessment and related business case development
- Advanced PowerPoint and presentation skills
- Advanced Excel skills (e.g., pivot tables, charting), SigmaXL/Minitab for statistical measurement
- IBM BlueWorks for process mapping
- Proven previous job stability, including maintaining long-term work relationships with former employers
- Must be able to clear the company’s pre-employment screening