Senior Business Development Manager - Background CheckingApply Now Experian is an Equal Opportunity Employer Job Number: 174476
DescriptionBackground Checking is a dynamic and exciting area of Experian which sits within the Go To Market Nationals sales community. This area has had significant growth over the years, with this trajectory set to continue. This growth is subject to an increasing demand within the market, a great product, fantastic sales and product team and due to all these factors we are looking at expanding the team even further.
Why is this such an important area and why is the growth so high?
- 27% of applicants provide false references
- 11% of applicants falsely claim to have a degree
- 15% of applicants back out of an application when they find out a Background Check will be complete
- 40% of companies fail to do ANY sort of background checks
- Out of the remainder, 50% conduct them in-house rather than through a third party which results in significantly reducing the accuracy
- Employment fraud currently costs the UK approx. £2 billion + per annum
This specific role will focus on working new logo acquisition across multiple sectors including Aviation and Airside.
The successful candidate will have a fantastic, supportive team to ensure that we collectively achieve our team as well as individual targets. We are a truly cohesive area that work towards a single aspirational goal-to be number one in the Background Checking industry.
We want winners. We are looking for enthusiasm and passion and individuals who are forward-thinking and self-motivated. We want to bring on board a dynamic, personable sales individual who is driven, positively challenged and works as a team player to make us even stronger.We really want to recruit the best. Your sales background would preferably be from a HR / Background Checking perspective but your collaborative behaviours and winning personality is also a key requirement.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identifying, quantifying, developing and closing new sales opportunities within Background Checking
- Innovation for Background Checking – sharing market insight and best practice
- Ensure the sales forecast and pipeline is consistently and accurately maintained
- Implementation of sales plan
- Developing and maintaining a network of key contacts both internally and externally
- Attending marketing and networking events
Knowledge, Experience & Qualifications
Skills & Attributes Required
- Experience in a field sales role
- New business focussed
- Demonstrable consultative sales skills
- Proven ability to articulate complex propositions
- Strong commercial acumen
- Educated to degree standard or equivalent
- Background checking experience and industry knowledge
- Experience of solution based sales
What we offer
Here at Experian, we believe that great work deserves great rewards. In return for your ideas, commitment and ambition, we'll give you a very competitive base salary and a range of benefits as soon as you join.
On top of your salary, we offer:
- Opportunity for a truly amazing career
- Company car / Car allowance
- 25 days' annual leave (plus the ability to purchase 5 additional days)
- Generous contributory pension
- Opportunity to buy shares with the company Share-save scheme
- Life assurance
- Medical and Dental cover
- Retail discount schemes
In addition to the above we will provide you with all the support, tools and opportunities to empower you to drive your own career development. Your portfolio of training will be structured, including opportunities to build your wider Experian network. Alongside a buddy and mentor, you’ll have regular access to business leaders for coaching and advice, while constructive feedback will enable you to continually measure your performance to aid greater personal development.