Product ManagerApply Now Experian is an Equal Opportunity Employer Including Disability/Veterans Job Number: 185934 Nottingham, United Kingdom
DescriptionInternal grade: DClosing date: Friday 23rd November
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Product Manager to join the Experian HD Decisions business, joining a newly formed team based in Nottingham.
Who are HD Decisions?
HD Decisions (HD) is an innovative, rapidly growing FinTech company that was acquired by Experian in 2014. HD is unique as it offers a start-up culture combined with Experian’s big company benefits and is a place where employees still can make a real impact on the business.
HD Decisions develop data and technology products for the financial services market specialising in pre-qualification services. Their tools allow price comparison sites to profile their customers and match them to the most suitable products, radically improving the value proposition for their consumers and at the same time increasing their revenue. They also provide direct solutions to the likes of Barclays, Barclaycard, Lloyds Banking Group, RBS and NatWest.
What is the Product Manager responsible for?
We are looking to recruit for a new team tasked with managing product innovation and strategy. The team will be responsible for driving innovative growth, working across new and existing market verticals and solutions.
- Ownership and development of new product initiatives and propositions with major customers in the financial services industry
- Working with internal partners within IT, marketing, delivery and operations to execute the product strategy and effective hand over to BAU
- Manage the definition of business requirements, prepare feasibility studies and ensure that propositions meet the needs of the business and clients.
- Managing the product strategy and ownership of the product initiatives/plans & roadmap to ensure the strategy is successfully executed
- Responsible for, but not limited to, the delivery plan as well as the execution, resource management, quality, risk and issue management and communications
- Develop business cases for the collection of products and propositions within the Portfolio, engaging senior stakeholders in the process
- Take reasonable steps to ensure that the business area complies with the relevant requirements and standards of the regulatory system.
- Engaging with a broad range of stakeholders to gain support for initiatives both in the short and long term.
Knowledge, Experience & QualificationsWhat are we looking for?
We are looking for ambitious and engaging individuals who love a challenge and enjoy converting big picture ideas into viable and valuable propositions for our clients. We are looking for:
- Previous product management experience ideally in a similar organisation or industry (financial services would be a bonus!)
- Strong presentation and communication skills, with excellent attention to detail
- Exceptional investigatory and analysis skills
- Rigorous and structured approach to problem solving
- Ability to communicate with clients and partners
- Excellent stakeholder management
- Resource planning and prioritisation skills
- Strong university degree, ideally with a mathematical, analytical, scientific or engineering component would be advantageous