Lead Developer - Ruby On RailsApply Now Experian is an Equal Opportunity Employer Including Disability/Veterans Job Number: 186947 Nottingham, United Kingdom
As a Lead Developer, you will;
- Translate business requirements into a sound technical solution to meet customer requirements. This will take accuracy throughout design, development and testing through to implementation
- Program new and complex programs/systems, and make any amendments to existing ones
- Lead the root cause investigation/identification of bugs and/or defects, and provide a review of test results to ensure the software meets customer requirements. This will include an evaluation of third party tools, products and new technology.
- Meet deadlines, and conduct appropriate escalation of issues to line manager with recommended solutions, and the ability to action these solutions where appropriate
- Carry out system integration testing effectively, as and when required
- Offer technical support for feasibility, estimating and scheduling of projects and will prove technical updates regarding your own or the team’s delivery, specifically targeted to key stakeholders
- Be responsible for all aspects of the development life cycle, driving improvement in quality code, defects, security and resilience.
- Day to day, your responsibilities will be to run planning & pre-planning sessions with Project Managers, Business Analysts, Developers and Test Leads, translating non-technical and technical requirements to appropriate audiences. We’d also like you to take responsibility for the integrity of the software, ensuring technical debt is managed effectively (avoid creating it & remove it whenever there's opportunity) and making sure that we are working to & feeding into development standards & best practices at all times.
- The role will involve a wide range of technologies including (but not limited to) Ruby on Rails, SQL & Linux. As such the ability to research and self learn technologies to a level where you are able to make sound judgements is a must.
Knowledge, Experience & Qualifications
- Be degree qualified in a software development discipline, or equivalent level of relevant experience.
- Have a full understanding, monitoring and enforcement of the required technical governance processes such as Design Approval, Implementation Reviews and Change Management.
- Be familiar with different development methodologies (Waterfall and Agile) and a range of technologies (Ruby on Rails, Java, SQL)
- Knowledge and experience of general technology environments such as firewalls, load balancers, VIP's and Service Management toolsets
- ITIL v3