Head of Product (Price Comparison)Apply Now Experian is an Equal Opportunity Employer Including Disability/Veterans Job Number: 184511 Nottingham, United Kingdom
DescriptionInternal grade: CClosing date: Friday 9th November
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a strategic product leader to join us, based in our Nottingham City Centre office. We are looking for a Head of Product for our Price Comparison product within HD Decisions, a part of Experian.
Who are HD Decisions?
HD Decisions (HD) is an innovative, rapidly growing FinTech company that was acquired by Experian in 2014. HD is unique as it offers a start-up culture combined with Experian’s big company benefits and is a place where employees still can make a real impact on the business.
HD Decisions develop data and technology products for the financial services market specialising in pre-qualification services. Their tools allow price comparison sites to profile their customers and match them to the most suitable products, radically improving the value proposition for their consumers and at the same time increasing their revenue. They also provide direct solutions to the likes of Barclays, Barclaycard, Lloyds Banking Group, RBS and NatWest.
HD are committed to building a diverse team of passionate self-starters to work in an equitable environment where learning and self-development is valued and supported. We work collaboratively to understand colleagues long term career aspirations and to ensure they have the career development and growth they need to achieve these goals. Through personalised career objectives and performance plans, we open up conversations on progression whether this is achieved through mentoring and coaching or classroom-learning environments, we offer rewarding ways in which to learn for those who desire to do so.
What is the Head of Product responsible for?
You'll be responsible for a number of areas, including:
- Accountable for the strategic development of the product roadmap, ensuring it is clearly defined, updated in line with market needs and confirmed with key stakeholders regularly
- Accountable for the delivery of product initiatives, to specification, on budget and on time
- Monitor performance of the product against the defined strategy
- Maintain a reputation within the team for leading product management activities across the business unit, resolving issues at a high internal and external level
- Champion a culture that achieves the business goals, delights customers and keeps consumer advocacy at the heart of everything that HD does
- Ensure that good client / consumer outcomes are at the centre of decision making
- Promote the development of client relationships and seek to exceed the client’s expectations
- Act in a manner conducive to the fair and reasonable treatment of all consumers
- Own and drive the product plan, pricing strategy, development budget and roadmap
- Responsible for leading the products to optimise long-term contribution
- Lead projects that go to business unit boards or senior cross-divisional body for decision
- Ensure business cases are well documented and prioritised
- Monitor product backlog and manage into incremental releases
- Drive consumer / client engagement, value and retention based on insight and analysis of customer behaviour
- Analyse the market trends and test and use competitors’ and other products
- Develop and effectively implement ‘Go to market’ plans, working cross-functionally to ensure successful execution
- Manage and review product commercials regularly
- Own the product acceptance criteria
- Own the supporting processes / procedures to ensure quality and control
- Lead the representation of the product with senior stakeholders and across the organisation, evangelize and inspire
- Develop trusted relationships across the wider Experian organisation including Finance, Legal & Compliance, Commercial, Marketing, HR, Technology, Operations and Sales, to facilitate the execution of the product strategy
- Responsible for 3rd party supplier relationships
- Build and maintain relationships at key influencing level, building credibility both internally and externally and work to strategically position the company and its offerings
- Be a highly experienced decision maker and valued advisor
- Lead Performance for Growth ensuring that all team members have stretching personal objectives, development and training plans and regular performance reviews to embed a high performance culture within product management
- Develop and implement talent management and succession plans to identify and develop high potential employees, and ensure an available talent pipeline to meet business and capability requirements.
- Establish and frequently review the organisational structure and allocation of responsibilities, accountabilities and necessary resources to ensure regulatory obligations are met and that the business is managed and controlled effectively.
- Define and drive clear goals and objectives for the business area
- Drive employee engagement and openly encourage two way communication flows
- Lead by example and drive adherence to all regulatory requirements and apply appropriate controls in the interests of consumers
- Deal with the FCA and with other regulators in an open and cooperative way and disclose appropriately any information or misconduct
- Take reasonable steps to ensure that the business area complies with the relevant requirements and standards of the regulatory system
Knowledge, Experience & QualificationsSo what are we looking for?
This is a great opportunity for an experienced product manager/leader to manage and launch new products, and have an influential role across our business.
We're looking for:
- Business and commercial experience gained in a complex, matrix environment
- Relevant experience in a senior portfolio/product management role, with a track record of commercial and/or technical achievement and revenue growth and cost reduction
- Significant experience in managing products and launching new products
- Evidence of your strategic thinking, to define the maintenance and development of the roadmap for your product
- Experience in business case production, using financial models, including pricing and revenue forecasting
- Experience of business planning techniques and disciplines needed to develop and execute operational plans (i.e. annual budget plans, manpower plans).
- An established track record of using customer and market research to drive innovation in your product portfolio
- Strong relationship and team building skills with a proven track record of leading and managing a successful team
- An ability to engage and communicate confidently with key stakeholders, to articulate the performance of your product portfolio and demonstrate your strategy for the continued success of your product
- Evidence of knowledge and understanding of the practical implementation of product management tools, processes, and techniques
- Technically capable and able to review business specifications for software products
- Experience of managing complex projects working with a variety of senior stakeholders from Technology, Legal, Compliance, Marketing, Finance and Sales
- An understanding of the key regulatory and compliance requirements governing the use of personal data and credit information
It would be a bonus if you had:
- Experience of P&L management
- Experience in a relevant discipline preferably Price Comparison market, Financial Services, Unsecured Consumer Credit or a relevant software or information services company
- Knowledge of credit risk applications and the role of credit bureau data in decision making
- An awareness of new digital technologies and trends available to support the ongoing development of your products and services
- Complementary marketing, finance or business management qualification
We offer a number of flexible benefits, designed to suit your lifestyle. In addition to a competitive base salary, we offer:
- Car allowance
- Private medical cover
- Performance related bonus scheme
- Flexible working options
- 25 days' annual leave (plus the ability to purchase 5 additional days)
- Generous contributory pension
- Opportunity to buy shares with the company share-save scheme
- Life assurance
- Retail discount schemes
- 3 community involvement days per annum
- Access to the everywomanNetwork – a 3rd party hosted site intended to equip you with valuable tools to advance in business
- A fun, friendly and collaborative team
- Regular team social events such as a monthly games night, cinema nights & nights out
- A great office with social spaces including table-tennis, table football, book corner, games consoles, board games and plenty of people wanting to play