Distributed Application Support AnalystApply Now Experian is an Equal Opportunity Employer Including Disability/Veterans Job Number: 19109 Nottingham, United Kingdom
Are you looking for the next step in your IT career? Then this role could be for you, we are currently looking for an Applications Support Analyst to join our Applications Support team in Nottingham.
This role will sit in our server team and will provide a technical competence in Distributed technologies and is responsible for the resolution of application incidents reported by Experian’s customers, and the execution of operational activities, within SLA, and to the quality expected by our customers.
Ideally, we are looking for someone who has previous experience in an Application support role or similar, and who is eager to learn as a self-starter, working with the SME’s in the team both on and off shore.
- Investigate incidents and issues arising ensuring appropriate tools are used and processes are followed
- Respond to incidents and Operational activities ensuring work is prioritised in line with Service Level Agreements
- Provide accurate/timely communications to customers in a non-technical style. Communication of issues investigated by offshore colleagues as directed
- Escalate issues as required to initiate further investigation and ensure Service Levels are met
- Able to work with autonomy on incident and problem resolution
- Identifies opportunities for service/process improvements and presents for consideration within the immediate team
- Identification and understanding of appropriate tools and processes within the team
- Has an understanding of the working relationship with offshore colleagues, and members of other technical support teams
- Understand and participate in Performance for Growth ensuring stretching personal objectives, a personal development plan and regular self and team feedback
- Actively contribute to a culture that achieves the business goals, delights customers and keeps consumer advocacy at the heart of everything we do
- Ensure that good client / consumer outcomes are at the centre of all operational activity and decision making
Knowledge, Experience & QualificationsRole Requirements:
- Sound analytical/problem solving skills
- Some knowledge and practical experience of one or more technologies (.Net, Web services, SQL etc)
- Experience of Windows Server & Linux o/s
- Ability to communicate technical information effectively to a non-technical audience.
- Technical knowledge and practical experience of computing technologies
- Degree in a STEM subject
- Distributed (server) background
- Experience of customer service and meeting service levels beneficial
What do you get in return?
In addition to a competitive base salary, we also offer an annual bonus, private healthcare for yourself and your family plus a number of other benefits such as pension, share scheme, 24 hour access to GPs and more.
At Experian we are committed to building an inclusive culture and to creating an environment where people can balance successful careers with their commitments and interests outside of work. Our flexible working practices support our belief that this balance brings long-lasting benefits for our business as well as our people. Some roles lend themselves to flexible options more than others, and if this is important to you, we are open to discussing agile working opportunities during the hiring process. Please raise this with your recruiter.