Database Administrator - Oracle ApplicationApply Now Experian is an Equal Opportunity Employer Including Disability/Veterans Job Number: 188883 Nottingham, United Kingdom
We are looking for an Oracle DBA to provide Database Administration for a number of hosted Business Critical application systems. The DBA will be responsible for day to day operations of the application databases to ensure that they continue to maintain their defined availability SLA targets. The person will be joining a team of highly experienced DBA’s that support multiple SQL server and Oracle systems.
This job will require out of hours work when performing upgrades and the participation in an on call rota.
- Build and patching of the Oracle DB_HOME directory, build and patching of the application databases including Application upgrades and patching as well as Oracle.
- Capacity planning for individual databases ensure sufficient space and other resources to enable the system to run correctly. Looks at impact of new clients going on the system and work with platform and capacity planners to ensure sufficient capacity is available to maintain business needs. Performance tuning of queries on the system.
- Backup and restore of databases including availability of DR systems as appropriate.
- Security of system by creating/expiring/removing privileged users as required, use of Database vault, encryption, etc where required.
- Purging of expired client data.
- Set up specific alerts in OEM and elsewhere for application level issues.
- Work with development groups to ensure application works optimally on the hardware provided.
- Work with TA team to ensure application connects properly and deal with cross area issues to resolve incidents, etc.
- Work with PM, BA and BSO groups over new client go lives and other such work.
- Work with other areas within Experian and Experian service partners to ensure all elements of the Oracle services are co-ordinated
Knowledge, Experience & QualificationsRequirements
- Experience of production RDBMS server support in a 24 x 7 hosted environment
- Installation and configuration of Oracle RDBMS to the latest versions.
- Competent in the following DBA functions:
- Backup and Recovery using RMAN
- Monitoring of systems
- Performance tuning
- Clustering (RAC)
- Able to methodically approach trouble shooting.
- Able to efficiently contribute to team working and in virtual teams as required.
- Unix shell scripting
- Working knowledge of Oracle 12c
- Scripting knowledge in Windowss such as MS batch scripting, power shell
- KNowledge of SQL server including SSIS, SSRS and Clustering
- Any knowledge of MongoDB, Casandra, RIAK NoSQL technologies would be an advantage
- Knowledge of Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM)