Data AnalystApply Now Experian is an Equal Opportunity Employer Including Disability/Veterans Job Number: 1810358 Nottingham, United Kingdom
At Experian, Big Data isn’t new to us, it’s at the heart of our business and there has never been a more exciting time to join.
We provide cutting-edge business solutions and products that provide value and insight to around 50,000 diverse, global clients. As the Data Analyst working in the Consumer Insights and Targeting (CI&T) Global Product Development group, you will have a critical role in creating these products.
The team builds and maintains many of Experian Marketing Services’ Geo-demographic, spatial and behavioural data products, including flagship products such as Mosaic; our core segmentation product that is available in 30 countries.
For more information please visit - http://www.experian.co.uk/marketing-services/
As the Data Analyst your role will be diverse and challenging. You will be highly numerate with a passion for data analytics.
Day to day your work will involve preparing and transforming data, working with specialist statistical software packages, updating statistical models, interpreting analytical output and communicating results to stakeholders and other team members.
This is a fantastic opportunity to build and maintain market leading products in an expanding global environment; and will involve working in a highly collaborative team using disparate information from a wide variety of data sources.
At the core you will be responsible for six key activities;
- Implementation of methodologies: Carry out specified data processing and statistical techniques. Becoming familiar with the techniques and products within the organisation.
- Data checking: Checking of supplied data for sense, consistency and accuracy. Communication of problems to managers and data suppliers
- Quality control: Monitor processing work and highlight problems when encountered.
- Ensure checking procedures and sign-off processes are adhered to.
- Communication: Communicate verbally with managers, stakeholders, interpreting and clarifying as required. Produce documentation including progress reports and project documentation.
- Using previous experience to work on projects with increasing autonomy, whilst keeping key stakeholders informed of progress and any issues.