Commercial ManagerApply Now Experian is an Equal Opportunity Employer Including Disability/Veterans Job Number: 182647 Nottingham, United Kingdom
Experian unlocks the power of data to create opportunities for consumers, businesses and society. At life’s big moments – from buying a home or car, to sending a child to college, to growing a business exponentially by connecting it with new customers – we empower consumers and our clients to manage their data with confidence so they can maximise every opportunity.
We gather, analyse and process data in ways others can’t. We help individuals take financial control and access financial services, businesses make smarter decision and thrive, lenders lend more responsibly, and organisations prevent identity fraud and crime.
For more than 125 years, we’ve helped consumers and clients prosper, and economies and communities flourish – and we’re not done.
Our 17,000 people in 37 countries believe the possibilities for you, and our world, are growing. We’re investing in new technologies, talented people and innovation so we can help create a better tomorrow.
We’re currently looking for a Commercial Manager to join our Commercial function based in Nottingham. This role will include up to 10% travel within our EMEA regions (Europe, Middle East and Africa).
The successful candidate will take on responsibility for providing commercial and contractual support to the sales functions within both the UK and Ireland (UK&I) and EMEA Businesses, but predominantly supporting EMEA.
The role is responsible for ensuring risks, liabilities and commitments of contractual agreements, by the business are identified and mitigated and that contracts balance risk with appropriate potential profitability. The role will work with all Business unit Sales, Account Management and Strategic Pricing Teams to ensure cohesive commercial strategies. The role will review and structure deals in a way that is commercially sound for the business. The role will support or lead customer negotiations as appropriate. The role will also assist in implementing commercial strategic vision and activity across the business playing a key part in developing and implementing appropriate business and commercial solutions to match the fast pace and dynamic nature of the business.
• Ensure that each commercial sales transaction drives revenue, grows margin, maximises business benefit, whilst minimizing risk.
• Ensure all sales are contracted.
• Ensure that all contracts are processed and secured in accordance with Experian standard policies and processes. Project manage, coordinate and negotiate the more complex sales transactions ensuring the business does not take excessive risk or contract on inappropriate legal or commercial terms.
• Share knowledge, develop & grow commercial and contractual expertise across the relevant business units.
• Manage and maintain commercial processes.
• As needed, provide guidance on all contract matters to operational staff, including training to new project managers, sales teams. and other employees in contracting practices and procedures.
• Develop and implement procedures for contractual governance and contract management and administration in compliance with Experian’s policies. As appropriate, contribute to or influence company policies.
• Monitor compliance with established procedures.
• Ensure that signed contracts are communicated to all relevant parties to provide contract visibility and awareness.
Knowledge, Experience & QualificationsWhat are we looking for?
This role would be an ideal fit for an individual with proven experience in a commercial/contract role who is looking to raise their profile across a global organization.
The role requires strong negotiation skills – both with internal and external stakeholders. For external negotiations, this role often involves acting as a “trouble shooter” to steer deals to an acceptable position for Experian. The role also requires a solid knowledge and understanding of key contractual issues, strong finance / P&L knowledge based on practical experience, the ability to work in a matrix structure, good understanding of data and database structures, strong analytical skills and excellent communication skills.
We’re looking for someone who possesses the following:
• Proven track record of decision-making within a budgetary framework, using commercial models to deliver sound decision making.• Ability to proactively develop customer relationships by listening to and understanding the customer (both internal and external); anticipating and providing solutions to customer needs; giving high priority to customer satisfaction.• Ability to express ideas effectively in individual and group situations, adjusting language or terminology to the characteristics and needs of the audience.• Accepting of new ideas, tries new approaches, responding positively to changing circumstances.• Ability to understand problems/situations, to draw out logical conclusions by breaking down situations, issues and problems into their component parts.• Strong interpersonal and influencing skills, together with strong verbal and written communication skills. Gains acceptance of ideas and proposals in a range of formal and informal situations, using rational arguments, being prepared to compromise.• Anticipates requirements and outcomes of a situation, specifies milestones, activities, risks, dependencies and resources required, and undertakes on-going monitoring to achieve desired result. • Ability to work within constraints of internal policies and external compliance requirements. Knows when to challenge and work outside of existing arrangements without compromising the project and/or the group.• The successful candidate must have an aptitude and interest in learning about a diverse range of products, as the the role requires you to understand their benefits to customers and their competitiveness in the marketplace. • A level of legal knowledge is required in order to provide contract support to the business. The role frequently requires the review of client contracts and amendments to Experian’s standard terms and conditions. These reviews form the basis of recommendations to the relevant business unit leadership teams and internal Legal team members. The role will require direct negotiation with clients. Training will be provided particularly on Experian’s minimum contractual standards and on areas of specific relevance such as the implications of the Data Protection legislation.