Regional Sales Director
Job Number: 1810064
Experian Sales hires top players to create its dream team. We are a group of smart people with a lot of energy. Candidates will be expected to bring their "A" game and be committed to working hard to help our clients take the power of data to the next level. You'll delight our customers by knowing the game and playing with a sense of urgency. In return, you'll be part of an all-star team that rewards its players with competitive compensation plans with accelerators as well opportunities to grow your career amongst our various businesses. Be part of a strategic and innovative team that drives critical business decisions. Come win with us!
- Full Time
- Level: Varies By Role
- Travel: Varies By Role
- Glassdoor Rating: 3.7 out of 5
Experian Sales is central to the future success of Experian. Whether bringing our solutions to a new client, expanding our role as a trusted advisor to existing customers or identifying new prospects, you have a critical role to play. When looking for new talent to join our sales teams, we look for individuals with the following traits:
- Innovation 9
- Problem-Solver 9
- Presenter 8
- Technologically savvy 10
- Confident 6
- Independent 4
- Problem Solver
- Good listener
- Team player
DescriptionThe New Business Acute - Regional Sales Director is responsible for sales to new prospects as well as meeting top-line and recognized revenue goals in their territory. The sales responsibilities for the position involve targeting medium to large Hospitals which have the potential to drive high volume transactions and long-term revenue streams for the company.
Approximately 75+% travel
- Develop and implement strategies to identify prospects for the assigned geographical territory and work in conjunction with internal groups for lead generation and/or referrals, including but not limited to sales operations, marketing, training, implementation, account managers, product managers, business units and support.
- Establish relationships with new customers and secure contracts with new customers that achieve assigned sales quotas and targets
- Drive the entire sales cycle from initial customer engagement to closed sales
- Cultivate and establish strategic relationships with prospects
- Focus on product demonstrations, contract negotiations, and closing accounts.
- Conduct telephone sales calls and onsite cold calls as necessary to develop and advance targets/prospects through the sales cycle to close.
- Conduct onsite and Webex demo’s at prospective client sites; work in coordination and collaboration with other departments for additional product support or technical expertise throughout the sales cycle.
- Coordinate product marketing campaigns and lunch/learn sessions with marketing group for teaching specific campaign(s).
- Thoroughly understand Experian Health products and services, and articulate benefits of the products and services (value proposition) to the clients.
- Ability to successfully complete Experian Health product certification within 90 days of hire date
- Consistently contribute to the marketing, sales process, and competitive information for the Company.
- Exhibit expert proficiency in the Experian Health sales process.
- Recommend Blue Sheet for complex or high impact deals
- Serve as the voice of the customer and actively provide feedback through appropriate channels (including product management and development within the business units) to identify product, process and company improvement opportunities.
- Hosts non-sales Experian Health visitors to client sites.
- Maintaining up-to-date understanding of industry trends and technical developments that effect target markets.
- CRM Management
- Maintain and update sales pipeline in database of all product lines on regular and consistent basis.
- Record details of sales demonstrations and sales calls in database.
Knowledge, Experience & Qualifications
- Track record of success in sales, particularly with Healthcare IT companies
- Sales experience with healthcare technology products, preferably in revenue cycle management
- Demonstrable, sustained success within healthcare sales with functions responsible for implementing strategies and designing the tactics to achieve the strategic sales objectives
- A proven track record in the consistently meeting/exceeding sales targets through personal client account closings
- Demonstrated success in selling and negotiating contracts in complex healthcare organizations as well as experience calling on hospitals, hospital systems and large physician groups
- Experience developing channel partners and cross-selling opportunities
- Proven in-depth understanding of the provider healthcare industry, encompassing managed care, revenue cycle, and administrative issues relating to patient information, in hospitals and physician office environments, along with technical knowledge of healthcare billing and practice management services
- Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Associates’ or Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Expertise in using Microsoft Office Applications and CRM applications – Salesforce.com experience a plus
- Knowledge of Experian Health products
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives without supervision.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Leadership skills with emphasis on sales cycle management and skills to build and maintain effective relationships with clients and prospects.
Experian is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Anyone needing accommodation to complete the interview process should notify the talent acquisition partner. The word "Experian" is a registered trademark in the EU and other countries and is owned by Experian Ltd. and/or its associated companies.
EOE including Disability/Veterans
Experian offers comprehensive coverage with flexible options for you as well as your spouse/domestic partner and eligible dependents. This includes medical, dental and vision insurance, health care savings and spending accounts, dependent care FSA, health & wellness program, and telemedicine.
Personal Finance Protection
We offer several benefits that strengthen your financial protection such as a 401k plan with an employer match, an employee stock purchase plan, life & additional insurance coverage.
We invest in your professional future through our education assistance program and many professional development programs. We also grant 20 scholarships to high school seniors each year to children of Experian employees.
We offer flexible time off in addition to corporate holidays, sick days and paid volunteer time off.
Experian supports your life outside the office with benefits such as our new parental leave policy covering time off for birth mothers as well as birth fathers and mothers/fathers of adoptive or foster children, adoption assistance, and pet insurance.
Experian employees enjoy many other benefits through our employee discounts, company sponsored activities, and flexible total rewards packages. Many of our office locations provide onsite amenities such as fitness centers, game rooms, cafeterias and free snacks in break rooms. We support work/life balance with convenient offices in several metropolitan locations and flexible work arrangements when possible.
“The support you receive when on-boarding and the commitment to human development has been excellent and probably the best I’ve experienced in my professional career.”Peter Moraga, Senior Account Executive - Fraud and ID
“I have never seen a more supportive sales culture. With the dedicated marketing resources and continuous training, it’s a culture with high expectations with the tools and resources to help you achieve.”Sam Hubbard, Account Executive - CU Vertical
“If you want to join a high integrity, world-class organization that allows you the creative freedom to take your ideas and visions and to implement them, then Experian might be for you.”Victor Grigaliunas, Sales Director
“My role is challenging, which keeps things new and interesting. The rewards and accolades are nice, and the company does a great job recognizing hard work and a job well done.”Connor Reilly, BIS Hunter
“I am an Account Manager within CIS. I manage hundreds of accounts across every industry and product group that Experian offers to cross sell, which will further benefit my client’s bottom line revenue.”Amber Banks, Account Manager
“Experian is very focused on growing and retaining talent by offering as many opportunities as possible to those seeking it. My three years with Experian are testament to that, with my move to Boston from London being a prime example!”Brolin Rodrigues, Sales Engineer
“Experian embodies the phrase “pay it forward” in that every person I have worked with, whether they have been here for 20 years and are at the top or have been here for 4 months, is willing to take time out of their day to help you in any way they can.”Grace Jakubowski, Account Executive - Growth Channel/Core Team