UX DesignerApply Now Experian is an Equal Opportunity Employer Including Disability/Veterans Job Number: 189057 London, United Kingdom
DescriptionAll set to take your next step into a challenging and rewarding career in User Experience?We’re looking for a User Experience Designer who loves finding creative ways to solve design challenges and improve the customer experience. If you want to help people take control of their financial future and achieve their life goals, then you have the opportunity to shape the next generation of consumer financial services that can make this happen.More than simply designing great experiences, you will help to drive significant transformation for our businesses.As we believe that problems are only solved via collaborative exploration, you will work in multi-disciplinary highly collaborative teams working closely with product owner, business analysts, and the development team (amongst many others). You will apply Agile and lean techniques to help solve really big problemsAs well as being part of a project team, you’ll also be part of a wider Experience Design (XD) Team that includes other experience designers and visual designers. You will work with this centralised XD capability, to adopt, apply and improve the tools and methods we use.You’ll be mentored by smart, experienced people so on-the-job learning will come hand-in-hand with guidance and formal training. If you are someone who feels comfortable in a busy and buzzing environment and are up for taking on exciting UX challenge… this is the place for you. You’ll enjoy:
- Understanding customers and their behaviour
- Identifying user requirements by researching and analyzing user needs
- Taking part in discovery, workshop and co-design sessions with customers and colleagues.
- Running collaborative workshops such as Empathy Mapping or Design Studios.
- Creating personas, user scenarios and journeys, process flows, information architecture diagrams, wireframes, and the other artifacts it takes to create and communicate the customer experience.
- Thinking conceptually, as well as obsessing over the detail
- Proactively identifying and driving improvements to the customer experience
- Working in a fast-paced environment on multiple projects at the same time. Never a dull moment guaranteed.
- Degree level education in design, HCI, computing or similar.
- 3-5 years working in the User Experience/ Service Design space.
- A drive to keep up with the emerging digital trends and culture, and engaging with the wider digital creative community
- Confidence in communicating, defending, and building consensus around UX architecture.
- Solid understanding of user-centred design methods across the full UX lifecycle
- Experience in diagramming, design and prototyping tools such as Adobe XD, Axure, Sketch, and Invision.
- Experience working with lean principles in an Agile environment.
- Conceptualizing original ideas to meet user and business needs
- Lots of sketching (out ideas)
- Defining interaction models, task flows and screen designs
- Making use of available analytical reports to identify opportunities to improve the experience
- Finding creative ways to optimise user journeys
- Creating prototypes and screen schematics
- Conducting concept and usability testing to gather feedback
- Communicating design ideas and prototypes to developers
Knowledge, Experience & Qualifications