UI DesignerApply Now Experian is an Equal Opportunity Employer Including Disability/Veterans Job Number: 189058 London, United Kingdom
DescriptionWe have an exciting new opportunity for a UI Designer to join our amazing Experience Design team. We’re looking for a customer-focused UI Designer who enjoys creating digital products that will help our customers build financial resilience. If you want to help people take control of their financial future and achieve their life goals, then you have the opportunity to shape the next generation of consumer financial services that can make this happen.We are looking for someone to get involved at all the design stages; from research and conceptualizing original ideas that bring simplicity and user-delight to complex design challenges, through to fully-crafted UI design. You will work in multi-disciplinary highly collaborative teams working closely with a lead user experience designer, product owner, business analysts, and the development team (amongst many others). As well as being part of a project team, you’ll also be part of a wider Experience Design (XD) Team that includes other visual designers and experience designers. You’ll be mentored by smart, experienced people so on-the-job learning will come hand-in-hand with guidance and formal training. If you are someone who feels comfortable in a busy and buzzing environment and are up for taking on exciting design challenge… this is the place for you. You’ll enjoy:
- Understanding customers and their behaviour
- Bringing ideas to the table, and conceptualising new features
- Delivering innovative, next generation visual design solutions
- Thinking conceptually, as well as obsessing over the detail
- Creating original designs that are consistent with our brand identity and style guides
- Working in a fast-paced environment on multiple projects at the same time. Never a dull moment guaranteed.
- BA or HND in Graphic or Visual Design, Digital Media Design or equivalent experience
- Experience in digital visual design (in-house or client-side) designing products and features for mobile or desktop, native or web.
- A drive to keep up with the emerging digital trends and culture
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to articulate your designs and ideas confidently and engaging.
- Experience working with design tools such as Sketch, Principle and Zeplin - and prototyping tools such as Invision and Axure.
- Ideally you should have experience designing products, and in Financial Services - but this is not essential.
- An understanding of user testing (an advantage, but not a essential).
- Conceptualizing original ideas to meet user and business needs
- Lots of sketching (out ideas)
- Finding creative ways to optimise user journeys
- Bringing our brand to life, through design layout, interactions and animations
- Designing all the screens and interactions across desktop and mobile
- Presenting and defending design designs
- Applying and evolving design guidelines, best practices and standards
Knowledge, Experience & Qualifications