Senior PHP DeveloperApply Now Experian is an Equal Opportunity Employer Including Disability/Veterans Job Number: 183782
We are seeking an exceptionally talented full stack PHP/AngularJS OOP developer to join our Alchemy (http://www.experian.co.uk/marketing-services/products/alchemy-social.html) development team.
You will work on Experian’s Alchemy Social Ads Manager/Intelligent Audiences product for creating, buying, managing , optimising ads and provisioning audiences on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram . Alchemy makes it easy to manage ads and audiences at large scale and is in the process of being tightly integrated to other Experian’s market-leading targeting data propositions.
We're looking for more than the average developer. Tell us about a problem you solved using a graph algorithm, how you made an existing system 50% faster, how you threaded a system to work around bottlenecks, a kick ass plugin you wrote. If you can, show us the code, tell us why it's elegant, efficient or smart.
This is an great opportunity to work on cutting edge API and greenfield development opportunities. You'll get a competitive salary, excellent benefits including private healthcare and pension, a chilled out environment (regular working from home, casual dress) in the central London area which is 2 mins walk from the Southwark station and a chance to work with some of the best brands across the globe. Plus you'll be working with a team of youthful, smart individuals who understand the value of technology done the right way.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
•Design, develop, enhance, and maintain current/new PHP/ZF2 applications and RESTful web services•Ability to design and develop software in a group or independently•Assist in technical design and development reviews•Serve as technical lead on development projects (features)•Take responsibility for developing solutions for all tiers of the application; controllers, middle-tier business components, database layer, etc.•Work through all phases of the software development life cycle, including analysis, design, implementation, testing, deployment, and maintenance•Write creative and efficient code to meet and exceed requirements•Investigate, analyse and address reported defects in a timely manner. Solutions to these problems can include code changes, data updates, or configuration modifications•Understand and participate in performance management processes•Actively contribute to a culture where the fair treatment of customers is at the heart of the Experian business. Take personal responsibility to ensure that you adhere to all regulatory requirements and apply appropriate controls in the interests of our customers.
Knowledge, Experience & Qualifications
BSc in a related subject (maths, computer science, engineering or similar) or equivalent work experience
- Extensive knowledge and commercial experience of object oriented PHP 5
- Knowledge of object oriented development principles, multi-tier web application design and relational database principles
- Web-based development experience; involvement with large-scale, high-volume web-based systems is preferred
- Experience in TDD, Unit Testing and Mocking
- Experience in working in an Agile team
- Be comfortable interacting with all levels of technical and business resources
- Have good analytical skills, understanding of project life cycles, and the ability to act in an entrepreneurial manner to ensure the software delivered matches the business communities’ needs
- Experience with Zend Framework, Doctrine 2, PHPUnit and Aspect Mock
- Understanding of AngularJS, Karma and Sinon
- Experience with other object oriented languages (like Java/C#)
- Working in a linux based environment
- Knowledge and experience of AMQP based service oriented architectures
- Experience working in a CI environment
- Experience of making and managing high volumes of RESTful API calls
- Knowledge of Facebook, Twitter and Google API
- Experience working in a large team
- Knowledge of Agile principles, especially Kanban