Data EngineerApply Now Experian is an Equal Opportunity Employer Including Disability/Veterans Job Number: 189781 London, United Kingdom
Senior Data Engineer
Do you want to join a team that is transforming the way data services are delivered at one of the world’s most trusted information services organisations?
We are looking for a Senior Data Engineer to join our growing Data Engineering team within Experian’s e-commerce business, Experian Consumer Services. You’ll contribute to the maintenance of our data platform development of new data solutions helping to access, extract and manipulate data for MI/BI, descriptive and predictive analytics applications. You’ll be using modern, scalable technologies to support the expansion of machine learning and be part of transforming the way that we understand and talk to our customers.
Our team has a passion for learning, problem solving and building innovative and scalable data solutions. If this sounds like a good fit for you then this could be a great opportunity.
Key responsibilities of the role:
* Contribute to the design and deployment of large scale data pipelines and applications
* Build production ready data services using a range of technologies including Spark, Kafka, Hive and Impala
* Contribute to the evolution of the platform by evaluating new technologies and building prototypes covering topics such as machine learning, streaming or API-driven services
* Work as part of an agile team to deliver business-focused requirements on the data platform
* Advise development teams on best practices for the use of big data technologies and coding practices
* Develop and share knowledge on new technologies across our analytics and data science community
Knowledge, Experience & QualificationsYou’ll have experience with a majority of the following:
* Roughly 2+ years of building data solutions at scale using Spark, Kafka, Impala, Oozie, Hive etc.
* Understanding of big data modelling methodologies and best practices
* Strong problem-solving skills and experience in debugging and performance tuning big data applications
* Skilled programmer with experience in at least one of Scala, Java or Python and should be comfortable
* Some familiarity with Linux and scripting languages e.g. bash
* Experience working in teams using agile delivery methods
* Experience with visualisation platforms such as MicroStrategy and Tableau an advantage but not essential
* Experience building cloud-based solutions (preferably AWS) an advantage but not essential
* Demonstrable communication, influencing and relationship skills in a virtual, matrix environment