Presales ConsultantApply Now Experian is an Equal Opportunity Employer Including Disability/Veterans Job Number: 1810187 London, United Kingdom
DescriptionBased in the London office with occasional UK- wide travel, this position has the responsibility for generating new business for the Professional Services department, and wider business, through the sale of innovative solutions to clients as well as driving the team forward through contribution to the strategy.
Your role will require you assist our Sales teams in the sale of correctly scoped, documented, and profitable solutions and services for the business. This will include:
- Verifying an opportunity based upon drivers, business needs, pain points, etc.
- Identifying a solution based around our existing products and service offering, aligning it to fit the original business needs.
- Work with the Account Manager to illustrate the value to be derived from our services
- Work with Delivery Consultants to design ad-hoc, innovative solutions
- Communicate the solution fit and any risks to the Delivery Consultants as part of a handover
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide pre-sales support and assistance to sales team, allowing the successful positioning of Experian Data Quality solutions, ensuring the correct requirements are scoped.
- Help to facilitate the client's technical understanding of Data Quality products, acting as a key advisor.
- Provide quantifiable recommendations on how Data Quality services can be of benefit
- Act as a key advisor to clients’ who are undertaking data migrations, data cleansing, data integration projects.
- Be able to articulate technical solutions using our APIs and how these fulfil client need
- Work on leads and opportunities with Account Managers and be able to forecast close of an opportunity to meet a set target.
- Strong relationship building skills at all levels – both internally & externally
- Graduate calibre (2.1 or above, ideally in computer science, maths, business discipline) or equivalent qualifications
- Highly driven individual
- Commercially astute with good negotiation skills
- The ability to meet tight deadlines and work under pressure
- Excellent communication (written and oral), influencing and consulting skills
- A logical approach to problem solving and strong troubleshooting skills
- Ideally have a proven background in software consultancy including software solutions
- Good understanding of ERP and/or CRM Systems (SAP, Salesforce, Oracle are desirable, but not required)
- Ideally have experience with complex data quality projects incorporating elements of cleansing, standardisation, validation, de-duplication, data migration, data auditing, analysis etc.
- Experience responding to RFI/RFP tenders.
- Understands web technologies and database technologies
- Some knowledge of programming languages: e.g. .NET, Java
What’s on offer
We offer an attractive base salary, commission structure and a competitive reward package and actively encourage the expression of ideas and opinions. It’s all about you developing your role and making it your own. Our business offers a breadth of learning activities and programmes so it’s up to you to take the initiative and decide which skills you would like to improve or acquire.
Our diverse workforce is part of the reason for our success. We want everyone to succeed, irrespective of their gender, ethnicity, sexuality, experience, physical ability, age or thinking style. Our talent strategy reflects our commitment to searching the globe for the very best candidates so that we can innovate and deliver the needs of our increasingly diverse clients and consumers. Our progressive policies, such as flexible working hours, ensure that our employees can flourish no matter what their individual circumstance.
On top of your base salary, we offer:
- Performance related bonus scheme
- A car allowance/scheme
- 25 days' annual leave (plus the ability to purchase 5 additional days)
- Generous contributory pension
- Opportunity to buy shares with the company share-save scheme
- Life assurance
- Medical and Dental cover
- Retail discount schemes
- 3 Community involvement days per annum
We also work with our colleagues to understand their long term career aspirations to ensure they have the career development and growth they need to achieve these goals. Through personalised career objectives and performance plans, we open up conversations on progression whether this is achieved through mentoring and coaching or classroom learning environments, we offer rewarding ways in which to learn.