Group Financial AnalystApply Now Experian is an Equal Opportunity Employer Including Disability/Veterans Job Number: 19108 London, United Kingdom
The Group Financial Planning & Analysis team is a high performing and highly visible team at the heart of the performance management process of a data driven and ambitious FTSE30 global organisation
The team’s Director reports to the Global Financial Controller.This role reports to the Group Head of FP&A Planning and the successful candidate will have the opportunity to:
- Gain unique insight into a global organisation’s planning process and have sight of Board level global strategy and budget planning
- Support and interface regularly with the Global CFO and Global Controller and other members of Senior management
- Be involved in all major Group financial planning processes including monthly forecasting, quarterly reviews, budget and strategic plan
- Liaise with other Group/Central areas such as Group Reporting, Treasury and Reward as well as regional and global function finance teams
- Build a global network of finance colleagues throughout the organisation
- Move internally within the team to broaden experience
- Support the Head of Group FP&A Planning in coordinating and delivering a successful global budget process
- Draft instructions and initiate follow-up communications with the regions to ensure requirements are clear
- Assist in the target setting process for revenue, EBIT and productivity
- Partner with the Centre of Excellence (COE) to ensure the system is configured appropriately and that any system performance issues are resolved quickly
- Partner with your Group FP&A colleagues in Kuala Lumpur to manage the production of a consolidated data pack and supporting analysis of regional budget submissions
- Draft presentations for the Global CFO to present to the OpCo and Board
Forecasting Process (“MMC”)
- Support the Head of Group FP&A Planning in coordinating and delivering a successful monthly forecast process
- Partner with your Group FP&A colleagues in Kuala Lumpur to:
- Communicate clear and unambiguous instructions to the regional FP&A teams;
- Produce a set of consolidated global and regional forecast papers for the monthly forecast review meetings held by senior management;
- Manage all system aspects of the process (coordinating with the COE) from the seeding of historical actual data into the forecast scenario, through to archiving each MMC version, and ensuring any system performance issues are resolved quickly.
- Provide insightful analysis on business trends, performance vs market expectations – and highlight the impact for senior management.
- Provide similar finance support on the other major planning processes (Strategic Plan, Quarterly Performance Reviews, Half-Year Review)
- Maintain forecast of expected Group and Regional performance for the year on key bonus and incentive metrics, updating Global Reward colleagues as necessary.
- Other ad-hoc analysis and projects as required.
- Facilitate and drive performance management processes
- Champion a culture where the fair treatment of customers is at the heart of the Experian business. Ensure that by leading by example, you adhere to all regulatory requirements and apply appropriate controls in the interests of customers. Through the adoption of a top down approach, demonstrate a culture where all of our people understand their regulatory obligations, including what the fair treatment of customer’s means to them and our organisation.
Knowledge, Experience & QualificationsRequirements:
- Qualified accountant (ACA, CIMA or equivalent) with an excellent academic record
- Good systems aptitude and experience; highly capable with Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint
- Excellent attention to detail, maintaining a very high level of accuracy in all work undertaken, while also having the ability to see the big picture
- Strong analytical capabilities – ability to think of pragmatic solutions to analytical challenges
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Strong communication skills – verbal and written
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and be flexible in supporting the team to deliver on all of its responsibilities, not just those specific to this role.
- General knowledge of Experian’s businesses and products is an advantage