Commercial SpecialistApply Now Experian is an Equal Opportunity Employer Including Disability/Veterans Job Number: 189908 London, United Kingdom
Who are Experian? You’ve probably heard of us.
We unlock the power of data to create opportunities for consumers, businesses and society. At life’s big moments – from buying a home or car, to sending a child to college, to growing a business exponentially by connecting it with new customers – we empower consumers and our clients to manage their data with confidence so they can maximise every opportunity. For more than 125 years, we’ve helped consumers and clients prosper, and economies and communities flourish – and we’re not done.
Still with me? If we sound like the type of organisation you might like to work for, we currently have an opportunity for a Commercial Specialist to join our Commercial team based in London (Friars House).
Who are the Commercial team?
In a world built on data, Experian’s Data Quality (EDQ) business helps people and businesses to maintain the accuracy of their customer records, reduce errors, and avoid additional associated with bad data. The Commercial team is responsible for supporting the Data Quality business from a legal and commercial perspective in relation to the negotiation and conclusion of commercial contracts with our customers, partners and key suppliers. The
team is supported by the Legal and Compliance teams in the wider group and advises the business on matters relating to compliance with our third party data and software providers and any corporate and regulator obligations that arise.
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to move into a fast paced and challenging international environment.
What is the Commercial Specialist responsible for?
- Preparation of deal specific commercial schedules and contractual terms
- Ensure that signed contracts are communicated (internal and external) to all relevant parties to provide contract visibility
- and awareness
- Performing other appropriate tasks as required by the Commercial Manager
- Responding to Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA)/Data Processing Agreement queries including reviewing customer NDAs and DPAs.
- Responsible for providing advice and guidance directly to our clients, on our contracting position, regulatory terms, licensing model and bespoke requirements. Work with Commercial Manager where required and escalate if necessary.
- Work with the Compliance and Legal teams in the wider Experian group to manage and implement data policies at EDQ. This will include project managing a number of data policy projects.
- Responsible for providing assistance/support to the Junior Commercial Specialist with regards to approving quotes on the Commercial Helpdesk and licensing model queries
- Responding to escalation requests by providing second line advice and guidance, in a timely manner, to the following key stakeholders across the business with regards to licensing model queries, bespoke client requirements
Knowledge, Experience & Qualifications
What are we looking for?
This role would be well suited to a bright, positive and commercially aware individual who is looking to progress their career with a global, market leading organisation.
We're looking for:
- Experience in a commercial environment - a legal degree/equivalent experience would be a bonus!
- Ability to draft and manage contractual obligations
- Operational understanding of legal terms and conditions
- Experience in creating reporting for Contract Management and Compliance
- Ability to communicate with internal and external stakeholders at varying levels
- Proactive, confident and adaptable team player
- Good planning, organisational & time management skills: ability to multitask & prioritise workload
- Change orientated, accepts new ideas and responds positively to changing circumstances.
- An ability to learn, understand concepts, interpret information and act in a logical and methodical manner.
It's a bonus if you have commercial experience in relation to software licencing, software development and the provision of data however this is not essential.