Project Manager - LeedsApply Now Experian is an Equal Opportunity Employer Including Disability/Veterans Job Number: 19180 Leeds, United Kingdom
Who are Experian? You’ve probably heard of us.
We unlock the power of data to create opportunities for consumers, businesses and society. At life’s big moments – from buying a home or car, to sending a child to college, to growing a business exponentially by connecting it with new customers – we empower consumers and our clients to manage their data with confidence so they can maximise every opportunity. For more than 125 years, we’ve helped consumers and clients prosper, and economies and communities flourish – and we’re not done.
Still with me? If we sound like the type of organisation you might like to work for, we are currently looking for a Project Manager to join our central Project and Programme Management Centre based in Leeds.
Who are the Project and Programme Management team?
We’re quite unique in the sense that we recognise project management as an absolutely critical skill to our business, and have set up a whole function dedicated to it! We have a centre of experts who are responsible for managing a multitude of projects across our business in the UK&I.
What is the Project Manager responsible for?
This role is responsible for independently managing projects of medium cost and/or complexity (generally up to c.£300k) with few dependencies, or delivering a larger project with support from a Programme Manager. You can expect to be responsible for:
- Delivery of projects per agreed time/budget/scope/quality/change criteria
- Defining, sourcing and managing the necessary resources to complete these projects, making timely changes where necessary to achieve project objectives.
- Effectively controlling the issues, risk, dependencies and changes in scope, ensuring timely intervention and communication to stakeholders.
- Conducting regular reviews of project outcomes, both internally with project team and with clients during and after the delivery has been completed.
- Providing input into decision-making with stakeholders.
- Developing communication disciplines as appropriate for the project.
- Ensuring stakeholders are provided with appropriate timely advice during and after project delivery.
- Effectively and accurately escalating and communicating issues as appropriate
The Project Manager is expected to have experience of working within a formal project management methodology, and be able to deliver consistently to the required standards and processes as defined by the PMO. The Project Manager will be expected to engage across numerous stakeholder groups, communicating comfortably with senior management.
Knowledge, Experience & QualificationsWhat are we looking for?
We're interested in hearing from experienced Project Managers who are looking to expand their career within a global, market leading organisation. You must have a good understanding/experience of Project Management competencies including at least one formal project delivery methodology.
We're looking for:
- Experience managing a range of projects of small/medium cost and/or complexity, with the ability to effectively manage stakeholders, contractual obligations, scope, schedule, costs, quality, HR, communications, risk, procurement, and integration
- Strong stakeholder management skills with the ability to influence and build productive relationships with key stakeholders (both internal and external) to senior manager level
- Client delivery experience
- Experience using Waterfall methodology - Agile would be a bonus but is not essential
- Good understanding and application of change management competencies
- Good ability to manage relationships whilst maintaining trusted relationship with team and peers
- Good understanding of business requirements and technical limitations as determined by the client organisation's systems and processes
- Financial literacy to forecast and manage programme, project and departmental budgets, costs and revenue
- Ability to identify and manage project resource requirements
Experience manage software projects/projects with a data or fintech environment would be advantageous, but is not essential.
Could this be your new role for the new year? we look gorward to hearing from you.