IT Analyst | Operations Support SeniorApply Now Experian is an Equal Opportunity Employer Job Number: 181609
Provide first line operational support, resource management, workload scheduling, and problem support in primarily Unix/Linux environments. Cloud background a plus. Some mainframe experience helpful. Provide technical expertise for internal projects that drive increased overall productivity and promote automation.
- Manages/monitors system resources for executing file builds and internal client workloads and partnering with Global Operations Center with recommendations to maximize throughput and resolve issues.
- Demonstrate strong oral and written communications skills.
- Provide single point-of-contact interface for Development, Global Tech Services, and troubleshooting of production applications.
- Manage workloads and file builds including execution, thru-put optimization, and problem management.
- Assists in the development and implementation of operational production processes and procedures.
- May lead projects and provide direction to lesser experienced staff members.
- May participate and provide input to user application testing systems testing and operational acceptance.
- Schedule and manage system maintenance, scheduled and unscheduled downtimes and large file transmissions.
Knowledge, Experience & Qualifications
- Strong Unix and Linux operations Admin skills
- Cloud experience desirable
- SQL knowledge/experience
- Understanding and working knowledge of Unix/Linux infrastructure/servers
- Excellent problem solving skills and abilities.
- Experience using Service Central for problem management.
- Strong communication skills and abilities critical to be effective with all levels of support and management
- Deadline oriented.
- High skill strength to prioritize, organize, and plan workloads.
- Successful working independently and in a team environment with focus on overcoming challenges.
- Some Mainframe batch and TSO skills helpful.
- Consultative approach to drive solutions.
- Experience working with both internal and external customers.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems; or equivalent experience in IT operations preferred