IT Analyst IIApply Now Experian is an Equal Opportunity Employer Job Number: 181410
DescriptionResponsible for vulnerability management, security adherence, and asset management of the hardware and software for Enterprise Architecture Global Develop Services and other EA groups as needed. Working closely with project delivery, architectural, service and release management teams, the successful candidate will ensure that our systems remain conformant to policy, best practice and a variety of information technology related governance frameworks, as we evolve and transform our infrastructure through change at paceMain Job Functions:
- Working with the environment management teams, understand the complex relationship between infrastructure and software with a view to modelling, documenting and improving underlying processes for a variety of governance related activities.
- Working with the release management teams, understand the requirements of change management associated with systems applications, development methodologies and framework. Ensure release activity occurs so that environments are properly synchronized for purpose.
- Maintain and ensure integrity of software and hardware in the Global Enterprise Architecture Repository and Reporting (GEARR) system.
- Ensure operational data is embedded and maintained within our configuration management database (CMDB) in Service Central. Ensure that data from other supporting source systems is clean, readily available and can be orchestrated into a wide range of dashboard and system-health related information.
- Ensure operational use of vulnerability management data reporting in Service Central. Create and maintain reporting and dashboard informaiton as needed
- Working with infrastructure, security, release management and service management; manage, schedule and coordinate infrastructure upgrade and change activity, such as monthly OS / LINUX patches, vBlock matrix maintenance, EXADATA maintenance, etc.
- Working with infrastructure teams, evaluate, recommend and implement improvements which will result in optimized and reduced downtime needed to deploy infrastructure upgrades, updates, and changes.
- Working with information security engineers, officers and auditors, develop a thorough understanding of policy and practice, ensuring that these aspects form the foundation and framework for all that we do.
- Coordinate penetration testing activities. Maintain testing schedules and repository of results.
- Work with compliance, audit and governance teams as needed to facilitate certification and audit activities. Manage and track followup and remediation actions. Provide status reporting and maintain repository of results.
- Ensure process improvements are sustainable, supportable and take advantage of modern-day automation tools where possible.
- Ensure that our processes and practices align to an agile relationship between IT development and operations (DEVOPS), looking to enhance communications and make key data requirements readily available to support related processes.
- Ensure supporting teams are kept abreast of modern-day thinking and tool sets to support and enhance our operational process models.
Knowledge, Experience & QualificationsQualifications
- Degree, preferably IT related.
- ITIL qualification/exposure.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal; ability to interact with and influence management teams as well as functional, technical and business personnel.
- Self-motivated, methodical and driven with the ability to take a broad remit and deliver with inventive, intuitive and useful designs, working proactively with minimal supervision.
- An aptitude and hunger for self-study and research.
- Analytical competence, planning and organizational skills, including the ability to handle conflicting priorities.
- A good understanding of computer architecture.
- A good understanding of system security.
- A good understanding of the software lifecycle.
- A good understanding of the IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) framework.
- A good understanding of business continuity and disaster recovery planning.
- A good understanding of project management.
- A good understanding of data modeling techniques and tools.
- A good understanding of Extraction, Translation and Loading (ETL) techniques and tools.
- Knowledge of back office and management information systems.
- Knowledge of networks, electronic storage media and virtualized computer systems.
- Knowledge of global systems, working within diverse cultural, language and business environments and across time zones.