Accounts Receivable Administrator IIApply Now Experian is an Equal Opportunity Employer Including Disability/Veterans Job Number: 189360 Heredia, Costa Rica
The Collector level II will manage an average portfolio of approximately 2,000 accounts and work through their daily, weekly and monthly activities to meet or exceed established goals. Key responsibilities include:
- Manage a specified portfolio of assigned accounts
- Collect on past due receivables
- Perform and process the collection of past due accounts in accordance with company policies and procedures
- Handle high volume of collection of past due accounts; handle 1,500+ accounts
- Make a minimum of 45 daily outgoing collection calls for assigned accounts with past due balances
- Enforce payment terms
- Must be able to handle account reconciliations
- Work with sales department on various tasks
- Heavy communication with the various Business Units and Sales
- Provide professional and courteous customer service
- Maintain aging and corporate AR goals.
- Track and maintain accounts throughout the collection process to ensure prompt payment
- Ability to handle and resolve customer disputes through the review and interpretation of client contracts
- Establish payment plans and create finance options to bring accounts to a current status when necessary.
- Prepare and/or process documents; review for accuracy and completeness; update information and/or evaluate against policy; compare elements for consistency or logical relationship, etc.
- Perform investigative activities to evaluate and determine the whereabouts of customers through database searches and system records (Skip-Tracing).
- Receive research and respond to incoming questions; provide information, explain policies and procedures, and/or facilitate a resolution.
- Review, process and verify accounts and account balances.
- Accurately document all information pertaining to accounts.
- Escalate unresolved payments from clients to management
- Achieve monthly collection goals
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Experience & Qualifications
2-4 years collections experience
Strong knowledge of accounting and accounts receivable procedures and processes.
Strong knowledge of collection techniques
Ability to Works closely with sales and billing departments to reconcile customer disputes with delinquent accounts.
Ability to interpret written customer contracts
Researches, analyzes and reconciles customer’s accounts to resolve issues with delinquent accounts.
Provides advice and counsel to lesser-experienced staff on complex accounts.
Completes special projects requiring collections research, as required.
Oracle E-Business or ERP System
Good analytical skills
Strong customer service skills.
Strong oral and written communication skills.
Strong PC and data entry skills.
Oracle ERP 12.06 and Oracle Advanced Collection
IPM, electronic data retrieval, for invoice and support detail
Third Party Systems Processing
Credit Card Processing
English proficiency (C1 Level)
External conversations with customers
Interaction with IT – system related issues
External and internal customer communication relative to payment applications
High School Diploma required; preferred Associate, Bachelor or higher degree in Accounting, Business Administration or related.
Proven previous job stability, including maintaining long-term work relationships with former employers
Must be able to clear the company’s pre-employment screening