GSOC Director of Threat DetectionApply Now Experian is an Equal Opportunity Employer Including Disability/Veterans Job Number: 184737
About the GSOC
The Experian Global Security Operations Center (GSOC) is responsible for 24/7 incident detection, analysis, and escalation of security related incidents. It is the GSOC's primary responsibility to ensure that security events and incidents are detected and escalated in a timely manner. The GSOC is the focal point for organizational security reporting and security issues. If an event is classified as an incident by GSOC staff, the GSOC will be responsible for tracking the incident through final resolution. GSOC Staff will perform incident triage to include determining scope, urgency, and potential impact, and they will identify specific vulnerabilities and make recommendations to allow for expeditious remediation.
About the Position
The Director of Threat Detection at Experian will work within the Experian GSOC. This is an area in constant transformation and has 20+ professionals globally responsible for management, operations, and security processes oversight regarding Security Operations and Data Loss Prevention.
The candidate profile needed will require strong technical experience as foundation but demands a strong management posture and process analysis. Effective communication is key, as the Director will engage with internal business units and well as external client stakeholders.
- Responsible for a multidisciplinary team of specialists in areas of Data Loss Prevention (DLP), Incident Response, and Security Analytics.
- Engage the business units on the adherence of Data Loss Prevention processes and controls, as well as Cybersecurity policies, and report to the Senior management over this business adherence.
- Coordinate committees and investigation cases related to the potential Security incidents, and support HR, Legal and Compliance on Digital Forensics and e-discovery.
- Coordinate with Business Units the global Cybersecurity initiatives and projects.
- Develops, plans, directs and controls strategic short and long term financial and operational goals and objectives for a broad functional area. Achieves goals and objectives through subordinate managers, supervisors and staff.
- Provides leadership, coaching and mentoring to a group of subordinate managers, supervisors and staff.
- Develops policies and procedures that affect departmental operations and may affect cross-organizational functions.
- Collaborates with top management in multiple functional areas to steer business product strategy.
- Directs the development and implementation of critical software and hardware systems to support key business products.
- Anticipates product evolution necessary to respond to changes in industry and technological development and events.
Knowledge, Experience & Qualifications
- 8 years of experience in Information Security, being the minimum of 3 years in areas of Cybersecurity, Incident Response (CIRT), Investigations e /or Security Operations.
- Excellent knowledge of IT general practices and methods with specialized knowledge in multiple technical disciplines such as, data center operations, telecommunications, network, database and systems architecture.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including small group facilitation and presentation skills.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent people management and leadership skills.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Minimum experience of 3 years in management of Information Security Programs and Security teams, and with minimum of 3 years’ experience in consulting activities, preferentially in big 4 companies.
- Management certifications, like PMP, CISM, CISSP and CISA will be a differential.
- Forensic certifications like CFE and CHFI preferred.
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Sciences or related field.
Experian is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Anyone needing accommodation to complete the interview process should notify the talent acquisition partner. The word "Experian" is a registered trademark in the EU and other countries and is owned by Experian Ltd. and/or its associated companies.
EOE including Disability/Veterans