Senior Developer (.NET, C#)Apply Now Experian is an Equal Opportunity Employer Job Number: 183063
DescriptionWHERE THIS ROLE FITS WITHIN EXPERIANThere will never be a typical day at Experian, but that’s why people love it here. The opportunities to make a difference within exciting client initiatives are unlimited in the ever-changing global landscape. Below you’ll find a snapshot of your day-to-day responsibilities.As a Senior Developer you will be responsible for designing, developing and maintaining software programs in accordance to requirements and specifications, established or defined quality and performance standards, and within delivery timelines. You may be expected to lead a small team of Developers to work on development projects. The technologies that you will be working with to develop software programs include but not limited to ADO.NET, Entity Framework, the ASP.NET MVC Framework, Windows Communication Foundation (WCF), RESTful API and Azure.Key Responsibilities:
- To develop and maintain software programs:-
- According to requirements and specifications.
- Within established or defined quality and performance standards.
- Within agreed upon delivery timelines.
- If required, to lead a small team of Developers to work on development projects.
- Participate in consultation with Development Leads in estimating effort for work assigned.
- Participate in initiatives that improve processes and/or procedures that contribute to performance effectiveness and efficiencies.
- Communicate work progress and all (work related) pertinent information in an accurate and timely manner to the Development Leads.
- Performing miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Experience & Qualifications
- Significant commercial software development experience in C#.Net and have worked with the following:-
- Creating Web Services and RESTful services with Web API
- Working with Reactive Extensions (Rx)
Software as a Service (SaaS) platforms, Azure or AWS.
- Working knowledge in one of the following would be an advantage:-
- Linux (Usage and Administration)
- Integrating applications with Entitlement, Reporting and Billing components etc.
- Using jMeter and Visual Studio Enterprise for performance and automated testing of Web Services
- Experience (or strong interest in working) with large and disparate data set.
- Possess a Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent.
- At least 5 years of working experience in a commercial software development environment with at least the last 2 years in a senior technical position.
- Proven commercial experience in the software development lifecycle. Experience in Scrum would be an advantage.
- Positive and professional approach at all times.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Initiative and ability to demonstrate a pro-active approach to tasks.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
- Ability to empathize with the customer’s viewpoint when designing and developing software.