Senior Analytical Science ManagerApply Now Experian is an Equal Opportunity Employer Including Disability/Veterans Job Number: 186408 Cyberjaya, Malaysia
The role sits within our Decision Analytics/ Marketing Services/ Credit Services business, one of our four Global Business Lines.
Experian Decision Analytics helps client achieve and sustain significant growth. We do this by enabling clients to make analytics-based customer decisions that support their strategic goals. As experts in uniting business understanding with consumer and business information, analytics and strategy execution, we empower clients to optimise customer value and actively manage it over time. This role therefore has clear accountability for creating measurable value within our client organisations.Purpose of Role
This role is responsible for efficiently and effectively managing multiple and complex projects from concept to implementation on time, within budget and in line with client expectations.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop industry best practise model development/validation frameworks (Basel II) for corporate and SME portfolios of a Bank
- Develop predictive models to predict the credit risk of corporates this include quantitiative and qualitative components
- Experience in conducting market research (at sector level) and use the outcome to incorporated into risk decision making Experience in developing and implementing Basel II PD,EAD,LGD parameters for the corporate portfolio
- Expertise to perform hands-on non retail modelling work and address client queries successfully
- Experience in analysing Corporate financials to design early warning signals of company failure/closure
- Mentor and coach junior team members in model development process
- Drive high standards of customer service and proactive client communication throughout the project term
- Proactively communicate project status and deliverables through the life of the project
- Ensure issues raised by the client are resolved in a timely and efficient manner
- Support the client through the project, providing guidance through project design to implementation
- Prepare and deliver structured model development/validation training courses to the SEA clients
- Flexible to travel to client locations on short notice for project delivery/presales (75%)
Knowledge, Experience & Qualifications
Knowledge & Experience
- 8 years’ experience in corporate risk modelling
- Thorough understanding of corporate credit rating and validation
- Thorough understanding of corporate BASEL II PD, EAD and LGD Impairment model development & validation process is a must.
- Thorough knowledge of the use and application of analytical methodologies Linier Regression, Logistic Regression etc
- Thorough understanding of segmentation techniques CHAID, CART etc.
- Analytical Consulting experience is a plus, likely from Big 4s or other reputed rating agencies like Moody,s,S&P etc / Working in the corporate risk analytics (model development & Validation) of an international bank
- Significant experience of statistical / analytics project work
- Able to interpret technical features into commercial benefits.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent and proven project management skills.
- Excellent relationship management skills.
- Degree or equivalent standard, with a high numeric content e.g. Mathematics, Statistics, Operational Research, Economics, Physical Sciences.