Costa Mesa, California
Experian is the world’s leading global information services company, unlocking the power of data to create opportunities for consumers, businesses and society. For more than 125 years, we’ve helped consumers and clients prosper, and economies and communities flourish – and we’re not done. Experian has operated at the center of Big Data since before the phrase was coined. Few companies can offer information services on an equivalent scale. Experian has been named to Forbes Magazine’s Top 100 list of the “World’s Most Innovative Companies” for 4 years in a row. We have 16,000 people operating across 37 countries, and every day we’re investing in new technologies, talented people and innovation to help create a better tomorrow.
- Full Time
- Level: All
- Travel: Limited
- Glassdoor Rating: 3.7 out of 5
Experian Technology is central to the future success of Experian. Whether developing a new product, enhancing a SaaS solution or securing our networks from external threats, you have a critical role to play. When looking for new talent to join our technical teams, we look for individuals with the following traits:
- Innovation 9
- Problem-Solver 9
- Presenter 8
- Technologically savvy 10
- Confident 6
- Independent 4
- Relationship expertise
- Team player
- Technologically savvy
Experian offers comprehensive coverage with flexible options for you as well as your spouse/domestic partner and eligible dependents. This includes medical, dental and vision insurance, health care savings and spending accounts, dependent care FSA, health & wellness program, and telemedicine.
Personal Finance Protection
We offer several benefits that strengthen your financial protection such as a 401k plan with an employer match, an employee stock purchase plan, life & additional insurance coverage.
We invest in your professional future through our education assistance program and many professional development programs. We also grant 20 scholarships to high school seniors each year to children of Experian employees.
We offer flexible time off in addition to corporate holidays, sick days and paid volunteer time off.
Experian supports your life outside the office with benefits such as our new parental leave policy covering time off for birth mothers as well as birth fathers and mothers/fathers of adoptive or foster children, adoption assistance, and pet insurance.
Experian employees enjoy many other benefits through our employee discounts, company sponsored activities, and flexible total rewards packages. Many of our office locations provide onsite amenities such as fitness centers, game rooms, cafeterias and free snacks in break rooms. We support work/life balance with convenient offices in several metropolitan locations and flexible work arrangements when possible.
“I’m a problem solver, strategist, and security engineer in the Cyber Threat Management realm. The best part of my job is creativity and thinking outside the box is encouraged. I work in a team that enables me to innovate and collaborate with other teams to help drive our organization to a better tomorrow.”Lauren Alvarez, Security Engineer
“The best part of my job is the people I get to work with and for. I am surrounded with some of the most innovative, smart and down to earth characters in the field.”Rafael Molina, Sr. Information Security Specialist, EITS
“At Experian, the technology environment is always changing to keep up with the latest technology out there. It’s innovative, yet what’s motivative is that when there is a change in technology, our employees host training sessions because not everyone fully understand the new technology, so we all grow together to find our best way to every solution.”Wes Hoang, Software Dev Intern
“If you are looking for a workplace to Innovate, grow in professional career and Work with great leaders, then Experian is the best place to be at!”Dhaval Dagli, Software Developer
“I personally enjoy working with a variety of application and technical experts in trouble-shooting and figuring out why something failed, and/or working with the same caliber of colleagues to implement real-world solutions to ensure that we have a solid environment that is sustainable and meets the needs of the business.”Kenn Johnson, Interim Manager of Cyber Security Engineering
Our strategy is centred on delivering world-class expertise to organisations, transforming our relationship with consumers and delivering growth consistently, underpinned by foundations...Read More
Machine Learning Applications for Payment Transaction Data
"Experian DataLabs provide a safe and secure environment to partner with our clients to enable breakthrough data experimentation and innovation." Eric Haller(Experian North America)
Experian Hackathon 2017
Collaborating in the Office
IT Clinic in Schaumburg
DescriptionWhat does it take to protect and maintain the most sensitive data for over 220 million people and 25 million businesses? What does it take to meet daunting challenges and shape solutions that pioneer industries and improve lives? At Experian, we are the trusted power behind data and the leading global information services company, providing everything from fraud and identity protection, to data analytics and credit scores. Our products help decision-making for consumers and businesses alike.
With operations stretching globally, Experian is 17,000 people strong, supporting clients and operations in more than 80 countries. Generating nearly $5 billion in revenue annually, Experian is primed for growth and searching for the most talented and innovative people to join our family and take us to new heights.
Experian’s Consumer Services (ECS) group is defining the next Big Data thing for consumers.
What could be more exciting – personally and professionally – than being part of a disruptive business? Consider starting your career with the industry’s best by joining the Leader that continues to disrupt the competition. As the market leader, we pride ourselves on building new markets and leading the pack through continuous evolution and innovation. It’s a position ECS has enjoyed for more than a decade and we aren’t looking to stop now.
Experian’s Technology team is seeking a talented UX Designer. As a UX Designer, you will be a vital member of the Ecommerce Team responsible for creation and optimization of Experian’s consumer facing web sites and financial products. You will work closely with other team members including Product Directors and Managers, Marketing Analysts, Ecommerce Specialists, and Developers to create, implement and test best-in-class product experiences for our portfolio of responsive websites and native mobile apps (iOS and Android).
The ideal candidate should not only be a subject matter expert, but also an industry thought leader with a strong and well-articulated product design perspective who draws inspiration from and actively contributes to the UX and product design community.
• Design useful, usable and delightful experiences across Experian’s responsive/adaptive websites and native mobile apps (iOS and Android).
• Collaborate with Product, Marketing, Content, Social, Technology, and Business stakeholders on product requirements.
• Work closely with the development team to deliver on-time, on budget, high value projects.
• Leverage established vision, strategy, to design a user experience that ensures a consistent, compelling and evolving customer experience.
• Deliver quality UX flows and patterns, UI design, interactive and data visualization design, UX research, usability testing, and visual design.
• Create design specifications and design standards in the form of user journeys, storyboards, interaction models, process flows, information architecture, wireframes, prototypes and UI/functional design specs to ensure each digital experience logically flows from one step to the next.
• Create solutions designed to scale and grow over time, as product functionality and content matures and as user requirements evolve.
• Conduct usability testing through prototyping and research efforts to ensure that all projects are driven by user needs and business outcomes.
• Understand qualitative and quantitative research data, business goals and requirements, and translate them into functional designs.
• Optimize products by closely analyzing user engagement performance metrics and testing alternative design solutions.
Knowledge, Experience & Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree Visual Design, Interaction Design/UX or similar field from an accredited four-year university required.
• 3+ years of relevant work experience in research, UX and product design required.
• Strong portfolio of demonstrated work required.
• Excellent understanding of design and front-end development for web-based media.
• Experience working in a product organization, driving products from conception and ideation through launch and beyond over multiple releases.
• Ability to synthesize research, market trends, competitive data, etc. into substantial successful online experiences.
• Keen eye for design and a passion for a quality user experience, from high-level concept to pixel-level detail.
• Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills; ability to organize and present information on screen and verbally with a team.
• Creative problem solver with a positive attitude.
• Possess a team environment work ethic, demonstrating the ability to collaborate, both taking and providing direction as needed.
• Passion and energy for usable web and interaction design.
• Cross-browser and cross-platform design issues.
• Understanding and experience working within an Agile Product Development Process.
• Understanding of A/B and multivariate testing and optimization a plus.
EOE including Disability/Veterans.