Telephony Systems Engineer
Job Number: 189562
Costa Mesa, California, Allen, Texas
Experian is the world’s leading global information services company, unlocking the power of data to create opportunities for consumers, businesses and society. For more than 125 years, we’ve helped consumers and clients prosper, and economies and communities flourish – and we’re not done. Experian has operated at the center of Big Data since before the phrase was coined. Few companies can offer information services on an equivalent scale. Experian has been named to Forbes Magazine’s Top 100 list of the “World’s Most Innovative Companies” for 4 years in a row. We have 16,000 people operating across 37 countries, and every day we’re investing in new technologies, talented people and innovation to help create a better tomorrow.
- Full Time
- Level: All
- Travel: Limited
- Glassdoor Rating: 3.7 out of 5
Experian Technology is central to the future success of Experian. Whether developing a new product, enhancing a SaaS solution or securing our networks from external threats, you have a critical role to play. When looking for new talent to join our technical teams, we look for individuals with the following traits:
- Innovation 9
- Problem-Solver 9
- Presenter 8
- Technologically savvy 10
- Confident 6
- Independent 4
- Relationship expertise
- Team player
- Technologically savvy
DescriptionAt Experian, we are the trusted power behind data and the leading global information services company, providing everything from fraud and identity protection, to data analytics and credit scores. Our products help decision-making for consumers and businesses alike.
With operations stretching globally, Experian is 17,000 people strong, supporting clients and operations in more than 80 countries. For more than 125 years, we’ve helped consumers and clients prosper, and economies and communities flourish – and Experian isn’t done.
Experian’s Consumer Services (ECS) group is defining the next Big Data thing for consumers. What could be more exciting – personally and professionally – than being part of a disruptive business? Consider starting your career with the industry’s best by joining the Leader that continues to disrupt the competition. Experian’s Technology team is seeking an experienced Telephony Systems Engineer, available in Allen, TX or Costa Mesa, CA. This role is more than just an engineer or an order taker. The ideal candidate will be a true “Solution Consultant”, challenging the status quo, providing new and innovative ways to solve complex business problems.Responsibilities:
- Provide day-to-day enhancements and support in managing our Cisco Office and Packaged Contact Center Enterprise solutions, deployed in 4 countries globally
- Work closely with all levels within the organization to deliver on-time, on budget, high value projects
- Architect complex office, carrier and contact center solutions.
- Deliver upgrades, enhancements, troubleshoot the Global Infrastructure, Application Configuration, Call Delivery Design, Voice Carrier Circuit Design, and have a hand in Voice and Video Quality of Service Network Configuration.
- Support Integrations on a CVP/PCCE/CUCM platform with multiple cloud and premise-based integrations.
- Design and develop advanced CTI applications utilizing Cisco Finesse, CVP and other external systems.
- Partner with peer team members to assure Cisco Call Center best practices conform to the developed solutions.
- Running workshops, working closely with the Business teams and able to talk about tradeoffs e.g. terms of configuration vs. code.
- Map functional requirements to Cisco CUCM/PCCE/ICM/CVP features and functionality.
- Mentor junior team members in Cisco Telephony Office and Contact Center technology, Integration Technologies, and best practices.
- Participate in vendor and internal team code reviews.
- Understand the Cisco CUCM and PCCE product application roadmap, proactively planning for enhanced Business capability, making recommendations based on complexity of implementation, use or cost
- Participate in managing Cisco SIP and Carrier SIP Telephony and Video infrastructure
Knowledge, Experience & Qualifications
Education and Experience:
- 8+ years’ experience including 5+ years working in an Engineering capacity on a large scale, 1000+ agent / multi-site enterprise Cisco Office and CUCM/UCCE/PCCE/ solution, version 10 or higher.
- Deep understanding of SIP protocol’s
- Basic understanding of Voice network QOS
- Previous experience working / managing UCCE/PCCE/CUCM Infrastructure including CUBE routers, VDI Administration, with deep troubleshooting skills.
- Cisco Voice Certification or Cisco Collaboration Certification strongly preferred.
- Prefer history of working in an e-commerce and fast paced environment
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field or related experience.
- Familiarity of Jabber Soft Phone for voice.
- Experience developing widgets and CTI integrations using Cisco Finesse Desktop a plus.
- Familiarity of Cisco Agent Mobile including Chat and Co-browse capabilities preferred.
- Familiarity with Cisco Precision Routing preferred.
- Familiarity with Bucher and Suter CTI adaptor for Salesforce.com preferred.
- Familiarity with CVP IVR preferred.
- Familiarity with ICM scripting a plus.
- Unique combination of being business-minded and highly analytical, while also having an advanced and deep technical background in Cisco Telephony solutions.
- Experience leading and mentoring more junior technical resources.
Experian offers comprehensive coverage with flexible options for you as well as your spouse/domestic partner and eligible dependents. This includes medical, dental and vision insurance, health care savings and spending accounts, dependent care FSA, health & wellness program, and telemedicine.
Personal Finance Protection
We offer several benefits that strengthen your financial protection such as a 401k plan with an employer match, an employee stock purchase plan, life & additional insurance coverage.
We invest in your professional future through our education assistance program and many professional development programs. We also grant 20 scholarships to high school seniors each year to children of Experian employees.
We offer flexible time off in addition to corporate holidays, sick days and paid volunteer time off.
Experian supports your life outside the office with benefits such as our new parental leave policy covering time off for birth mothers as well as birth fathers and mothers/fathers of adoptive or foster children, adoption assistance, and pet insurance.
Experian employees enjoy many other benefits through our employee discounts, company sponsored activities, and flexible total rewards packages. Many of our office locations provide onsite amenities such as fitness centers, game rooms, cafeterias and free snacks in break rooms. We support work/life balance with convenient offices in several metropolitan locations and flexible work arrangements when possible.
“I’m a problem solver, strategist, and security engineer in the Cyber Threat Management realm. The best part of my job is creativity and thinking outside the box is encouraged. I work in a team that enables me to innovate and collaborate with other teams to help drive our organization to a better tomorrow.”Lauren Alvarez, Security Engineer
“The best part of my job is the people I get to work with and for. I am surrounded with some of the most innovative, smart and down to earth characters in the field.”Rafael Molina, Sr. Information Security Specialist, EITS
“At Experian, the technology environment is always changing to keep up with the latest technology out there. It’s innovative, yet what’s motivative is that when there is a change in technology, our employees host training sessions because not everyone fully understand the new technology, so we all grow together to find our best way to every solution.”Wes Hoang, Software Dev Intern
“If you are looking for a workplace to Innovate, grow in professional career and Work with great leaders, then Experian is the best place to be at!”Dhaval Dagli, Technical Product Manager
“I personally enjoy working with a variety of application and technical experts in trouble-shooting and figuring out why something failed, and/or working with the same caliber of colleagues to implement real-world solutions to ensure that we have a solid environment that is sustainable and meets the needs of the business.”Kenn Johnson, Interim Manager of Cyber Security Engineering
Our strategy is centred on delivering world-class expertise to organisations, transforming our relationship with consumers and delivering growth consistently, underpinned by foundations...Read More
Machine Learning Applications for Payment Transaction Data
"Experian DataLabs provide a safe and secure environment to partner with our clients to enable breakthrough data experimentation and innovation." Eric Haller(Experian North America)
Experian Business Information Services
We are looking for talented customer-focused API Developers with 5+ years experience in Node.js, Python and Java.
Experian Hackathon 2017
Collaborating in the Office
IT Clinic in Schaumburg