Sr. Third Party Security AssessorApply Now Experian is an Equal Opportunity Employer Including Disability/Veterans Job Number: 188325 Costa Mesa, California
Experian’s Global Security Office's vision is to protect, connect and create its business in a secure and resilient manner. Information Security is responsible for protecting information by the design and implementation of solutions and ensuring appropriate oversight. We are growing and looking to hire Third Party Security Specialists for our Global Security Office Third Party Security team (GSO -TPS). The Global Security Office Third Party Security team (GSO -TPS) helps ensure that Experian vendors and third parties are protecting Experian data in accordance with Experian policies, contracts and best practices. This is achieved by quickly understanding the key assessment processes, entities connectivity methods, data usage and handling, internal and external standards and regulations.
The Third Party Security Specialist Lead is responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Plans and executes information security reviews of business partners and third parties using Experian processes and standards through virtual or onsite assessments.
- Assists in developing and improving information security assessment program designed to assess business partners and third party controls for protecting Experian data
- Assists in developing, improving and implementing information security standards and requirements to guide business partners and third parties in adhering to security requirements
- Identify information security deficiencies or risks to appropriate parties. Provide escalation path for information security issues, incidents and enquiries.
Partner with business, legal and compliance departments to ensure assessments are planned and executed in consideration of critical timelines
- Works with business partners, clients, customers, third parties and independent security assessors, to educate them about Experian’s Third Party Security requirements and assist in the interpretation and implementation of the requirements.
- Researches laws, regulations, and policies as it pertains to information security to provide advice and assistance to internal and external partners and affiliates. Identifies potential risk issues and recommends improvements or appropriate internal controls
- Partner and work with GSO teams to ensure GSO programs are deployed successfully, where applicable.
Knowledge, Experience & Qualifications
Applicants for the Third Party Security Specialist Lead position will meet the minimum requirements as stated below:
- Strong leadership skills.
- Problem Solving & Analysis.
- Ability to work independently and contribute to team deliverables.
- Process driven with attention to details.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Good collaboration and interpersonal skills, self-motivated, willingness to take on challenges and adaptability to change.
- CISA, CISM, CISSP, PCI QSA, ISO 27001 Lead Auditor or comparable certifications.
- Knowledge of IT Risk and Security governance frameworks such as ISO 27001, PCI, and HIPAA.
- Good understanding of key network and technical security controls.
- Understanding of risks in banking/financial services sector will be an added advantage.
Experian is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Anyone needing accommodation to complete the interview process should notify the talent acquisition partner. The word "Experian" is a registered trademark in the EU and other countries and is owned by Experian Ltd. and/or its associated companies.
EOE including Disability/Veterans