Senior Data Scientist
Job Number: 182305
Costa Mesa, California
Experian is the world’s leading global information services company, unlocking the power of data to create opportunities for consumers, businesses and society. For more than 125 years, we’ve helped consumers and clients prosper, and economies and communities flourish – and we’re not done. Experian has operated at the center of Big Data since before the phrase was coined. Few companies can offer information services on an equivalent scale. Experian has been named to Forbes Magazine’s Top 100 list of the “World’s Most Innovative Companies” for 4 years in a row. We have 16,000 people operating across 37 countries, and every day we’re investing in new technologies, talented people and innovation to help create a better tomorrow.
- Full Time
- Level: All
- Travel: Limited
- Glassdoor Rating: 3.7 out of 5
Experian Technology is central to the future success of Experian. Whether developing a new product, enhancing a SaaS solution or securing our networks from external threats, you have a critical role to play. When looking for new talent to join our technical teams, we look for individuals with the following traits:
- Innovation 9
- Problem-Solver 9
- Presenter 8
- Technologically savvy 10
- Confident 6
- Independent 4
- Relationship expertise
- Team player
- Technologically savvy
This role will require you to drive new product innovation by designing and developing innovative, data-driven exploratory analysis as well as predictive and decision models to solve business problems in multiple industries including financial services and telecommunications. Candidate is required to play leadership role in developing new algorithms and/or modifying exiting algorithms to solve complicated business problems. In addition, candidate is required to experiment with different types of algorithms and models, analyzing performance, to identify the best algorithms to employ.
• Leading simultaneously multiple complicated projects.
• Collecting business requirements and mapping complicated business problem into a modeling task.
• Driving innovation in modeling technology and process
• Functioning as the mentor to junior analytic resources on the team
• Plan effectively to set priorities and manage projects, identify roadblocks and work to get them removed, and understand the importance of meeting client/internal deadlines.
• Reviewing project variances against deliverables and possible changes; implement changes at project level as needed; negotiate necessary changes without committing to the impossible, and engage in direct dialogue with client to achieve agreement on project outcomes.
• Delivering superior customer service to internal and external clients.
• Communicating directly with clients as needed.
• Participating in pre-sales support and/or provide post-implementation support.
• Delivering formal presentations of work to clients.
• Participating in authoring white papers, proposals and publications.
Knowledge, Experience & Qualifications
Job Requirements and Qualifications
• Minimum 10 years experience with an analytic solutions or consulting company, bank or financial institution for candidates with Master’s degree or Doctoral degree
• Expertise in a wide variety of industry and business areas, including credit risk management processes, organization and risk policies. Specific experience in credit loss forecasting would be advantageous
• Proven track record in driving new product development from concept to final delivery
• Strong capability of developing new algorithms and/or modifying existing algorithms to solve challenging business problems with significant business impact.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects of significant complexity; adjust to changes in priorities easily, moving from one type of task to another effectively at short notice.
• Experience analyzing large data set in order to draw conclusions about data integrity, accuracy, and general relationships.
• Proven ability to anticipate, investigate and analyze database and data processing problems to pinpoint cause of problems and recommend possible solutions.
• Must be able to work under tight deadlines and changing priorities.
• Must exhibit effective communication skills at all levels of the organization (internally and externally).
• Verified ability to work both collaboratively and independently
• Strong knowledge of MS Office, SAS, R, SQL or other similar languages preferred
Experian is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Anyone needing accommodation to complete the interview process should notify the talent acquisition partner. The word "Experian" is a registered trademark in the EU and other countries and is owned by Experian Ltd. and/or its associated companies.
EOE including Disability/Veterans
Experian offers comprehensive coverage with flexible options for you as well as your spouse/domestic partner and eligible dependents. This includes medical, dental and vision insurance, health care savings and spending accounts, dependent care FSA, health & wellness program, and telemedicine.
Personal Finance Protection
We offer several benefits that strengthen your financial protection such as a 401k plan with an employer match, an employee stock purchase plan, life & additional insurance coverage.
We invest in your professional future through our education assistance program and many professional development programs. We also grant 20 scholarships to high school seniors each year to children of Experian employees.
We offer flexible time off in addition to corporate holidays, sick days and paid volunteer time off.
Experian supports your life outside the office with benefits such as our new parental leave policy covering time off for birth mothers as well as birth fathers and mothers/fathers of adoptive or foster children, adoption assistance, and pet insurance.
Experian employees enjoy many other benefits through our employee discounts, company sponsored activities, and flexible total rewards packages. Many of our office locations provide onsite amenities such as fitness centers, game rooms, cafeterias and free snacks in break rooms. We support work/life balance with convenient offices in several metropolitan locations and flexible work arrangements when possible.
“I’m a problem solver, strategist, and security engineer in the Cyber Threat Management realm. The best part of my job is creativity and thinking outside the box is encouraged. I work in a team that enables me to innovate and collaborate with other teams to help drive our organization to a better tomorrow.”Lauren Alvarez, Security Engineer
“The best part of my job is the people I get to work with and for. I am surrounded with some of the most innovative, smart and down to earth characters in the field.”Rafael Molina, Sr. Information Security Specialist, EITS
“At Experian, the technology environment is always changing to keep up with the latest technology out there. It’s innovative, yet what’s motivative is that when there is a change in technology, our employees host training sessions because not everyone fully understand the new technology, so we all grow together to find our best way to every solution.”Wes Hoang, Software Dev Intern
“If you are looking for a workplace to Innovate, grow in professional career and Work with great leaders, then Experian is the best place to be at!”Dhaval Dagli, Software Developer
“I personally enjoy working with a variety of application and technical experts in trouble-shooting and figuring out why something failed, and/or working with the same caliber of colleagues to implement real-world solutions to ensure that we have a solid environment that is sustainable and meets the needs of the business.”Kenn Johnson, Interim Manager of Cyber Security Engineering
Our strategy is centred on delivering world-class expertise to organisations, transforming our relationship with consumers and delivering growth consistently, underpinned by foundations...Read More
Machine Learning Applications for Payment Transaction Data
"Experian DataLabs provide a safe and secure environment to partner with our clients to enable breakthrough data experimentation and innovation." Eric Haller(Experian North America)
Experian Hackathon 2017
Collaborating in the Office
IT Clinic in Schaumburg