Senior Business Analyst - Governance and Strategic InitiativesApply Now Experian is an Equal Opportunity Employer Including Disability/Veterans Job Number: 189687 Costa Mesa, California
DescriptionThis role will support the VP of Governance and Strategic Initiatives, NA, (VP of Governance) in the coordination of regional initiatives related to corporate governance and strategy realization. This will include initiatives in diverse areas such as enterprise risk management, operational risk, cyber security, product development lifecycle optimization, and strategic product delivery. A unique opportunity to build relationships across all business units in North America, learn about diverse products and technologies, and directly support the realization of Experian’s strategic aims. A role that can open the door to numerous career opportunities across Experian.
- Support the implementation of the Three Lines of Defence (3LOD) governance model in the NA region working closely with the VP of Governance, business units, corporate functions and governance teams.
- Facilitate the adoption of systems to monitor the successful adoption of operational risk management responsibilities by first line teams.
- Schedule monthly and quarterly working groups and committees with participation from risk leads across all business units and the governance leaders. Manage the agenda, take minutes and track actions.
- Support the preparation of presentations for the regional Risk Management Committee and other committees as needed.
- Facilitate the completion of policy gap assessments by business units, the efficient provision of advice and guidance by second line teams and the timely remediation of gaps.
- Support the development of a plan in which business units identify, document and monitor the operation of key controls that manage the significant risks captured in Risk Control Self Assessments. This will include defining the scope and approach, resource estimation and schedule development.
- Develop a model by which first, second and third line teams can collaborate effectively to achieve this goal efficiently and effectively.
- Train business unit staff in the identification, documentation and monitoring of key controls.
- Directly support business units in the identification and documentation of key controls.
- Schedule meetings and working groups to efficiently and effectively execute cyber security projects and programs working closely with the VP of Governance and collaborating with the Global Security Office and business unit information security leads.
- Proactively facilitate the timely resolution of information security issues, working across multiple teams.
- Support the preparation of presentations for the regional Information Security Committee and other committees as needed.
- Have the flexibility and enthusiasm to engage with diverse initiatives and projects as required.
Knowledge, Experience & QualificationsSkills / Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 5 years relevant experience.
- At least 2 years of operational risk, internal audit or related experience.
- Ability and enthusiasm to learn new business areas, products and knowledge domains quickly.
- Experience of mapping processes, documenting controls and facilitating workshops.
- A strong people-person with the ability to develop strong collaborative relationships with senior and mid-level management across business units, corporate functions and governance teams.
- Ability to approach organizational change management challenges in creative and proactive ways.
- Ability to prioritize work load effectively, seeking input as appropriate.
- Ability to facilitate and manage projects across diverse virtual teams.
- Good understanding of Experian’s business units, products and corporate functions an advantage.
- Good understanding of best practice governance and risk management frameworks an advantage.
- Experience using the GRC tool (Archer) an advantage.