Costa Mesa, California
Experian is the world’s leading global information services company, unlocking the power of data to create opportunities for consumers, businesses and society. For more than 125 years, we’ve helped consumers and clients prosper, and economies and communities flourish – and we’re not done. Experian has operated at the center of Big Data since before the phrase was coined. Few companies can offer information services on an equivalent scale. Experian has been named to Forbes Magazine’s Top 100 list of the “World’s Most Innovative Companies” for 4 years in a row. We have 16,000 people operating across 37 countries, and every day we’re investing in new technologies, talented people and innovation to help create a better tomorrow.
- Full Time
- Level: All
- Travel: Limited
- Glassdoor Rating: 3.7 out of 5
Experian Technology is central to the future success of Experian. Whether developing a new product, enhancing a SaaS solution or securing our networks from external threats, you have a critical role to play. When looking for new talent to join our technical teams, we look for individuals with the following traits:
- Innovation 9
- Problem-Solver 9
- Presenter 8
- Technologically savvy 10
- Confident 6
- Independent 4
- Relationship expertise
- Team player
- Technologically savvy
Experian offers comprehensive coverage with flexible options for you as well as your spouse/domestic partner and eligible dependents. This includes medical, dental and vision insurance, health care savings and spending accounts, dependent care FSA, health & wellness program, and telemedicine.
Personal Finance Protection
We offer several benefits that strengthen your financial protection such as a 401k plan with an employer match, an employee stock purchase plan, life & additional insurance coverage.
We invest in your professional future through our education assistance program and many professional development programs. We also grant 20 scholarships to high school seniors each year to children of Experian employees.
We offer flexible time off in addition to corporate holidays, sick days and paid volunteer time off.
Experian supports your life outside the office with benefits such as our new parental leave policy covering time off for birth mothers as well as birth fathers and mothers/fathers of adoptive or foster children, adoption assistance, and pet insurance.
Experian employees enjoy many other benefits through our employee discounts, company sponsored activities, and flexible total rewards packages. Many of our office locations provide onsite amenities such as fitness centers, game rooms, cafeterias and free snacks in break rooms. We support work/life balance with convenient offices in several metropolitan locations and flexible work arrangements when possible.
“I’m a problem solver, strategist, and security engineer in the Cyber Threat Management realm. The best part of my job is creativity and thinking outside the box is encouraged. I work in a team that enables me to innovate and collaborate with other teams to help drive our organization to a better tomorrow.”Lauren Alvarez, Security Engineer
“The best part of my job is the people I get to work with and for. I am surrounded with some of the most innovative, smart and down to earth characters in the field.”Rafael Molina, Sr. Information Security Specialist, EITS
“At Experian, the technology environment is always changing to keep up with the latest technology out there. It’s innovative, yet what’s motivative is that when there is a change in technology, our employees host training sessions because not everyone fully understand the new technology, so we all grow together to find our best way to every solution.”Wes Hoang, Software Dev Intern
“If you are looking for a workplace to Innovate, grow in professional career and Work with great leaders, then Experian is the best place to be at!”Dhaval Dagli, Software Developer
“I personally enjoy working with a variety of application and technical experts in trouble-shooting and figuring out why something failed, and/or working with the same caliber of colleagues to implement real-world solutions to ensure that we have a solid environment that is sustainable and meets the needs of the business.”Kenn Johnson, Interim Manager of Cyber Security Engineering
Our strategy is centred on delivering world-class expertise to organisations, transforming our relationship with consumers and delivering growth consistently, underpinned by foundations...Read More
Machine Learning Applications for Payment Transaction Data
"Experian DataLabs provide a safe and secure environment to partner with our clients to enable breakthrough data experimentation and innovation." Eric Haller(Experian North America)
Experian Hackathon 2017
Collaborating in the Office
IT Clinic in Schaumburg
DescriptionThe Product Designer will translate user research into insights, transform them into action items and create user-centered, digital prototypes.
You will work across the full spectrum of the design process, from participating in user observations and testing in the field, to designing concepts, developing prototypes, and working with developers to build and launch MVPs and scale products that maintain original design intent.
- Translate insights generated through research and discovery processes into innovative digital concepts, wireframes, prototypes of products, services and experiences
- Design digital experiences and generally be an advocate of the user and exceptional design
- Create looks-like / works-like prototypes built to meet user needs and sustain our businesses
- Contribute to our user-centered research process, which includes collaborating with and guiding internal teams through fieldwork, synthesis, and insight development
- Work on projects within a multidisciplinary teams made up of product managers, developers, brand and business strategists, and other designers etc.
- Facilitate ideation sessions with multidisciplinary teams made up of product managers, developers, brand and business strategists, and other designers, including brainstorms, ideation workshops, and prioritization sessions that help team converge on strategic product directions / development
Knowledge, Experience & Qualifications
- A minimum of 5 years as a digital-centric designer with the ability to sketch ideas, create rough concepts, design prototypes in the context of human-centered design methodology
- You are comfortable going out into the world for inspiration, and working flexibly and efficiently on small teams, exercising a balance between research rigor and nimble, fast-paced, rapidly iterative work cycles
- You summarize synthesized findings into compelling and sticky stories, presentations and demonstrations that inspire action, create ownership and drive impact in our business
- Demonstrated skill and comfort facilitating ideation sessions with groups of internal experts to visualize potential product directions through tangible concepts and prototypes
- You are hungry for experimentation and default to making. You are creative and embrace failing fast as a necessary step to early success
- Your communication skills are superb, you navigate ambiguity comfortably and work well in a self-directed culture
- You are confident using design tools like Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, etc to create all-fidelity prototypes
- You are an expert with prototyping tools like Keynote, Marvel, Invision, Framer or similar
- You have demonstrated experience practicing design thinking in agile development environment
Working for a leading FTSE 50 global information services company is just one of the rewards of joining Experian. Our benefits package is designed to reward contribution and loyalty and to attract the kind of talented individuals who have their pick of employers. That is why we offer a highly competitive package which comprises:
• Competitive base salary
• Aggressive bonus plan
• Core benefits including: full medical, dental, vision, matching 401k and the opportunity to work with a global leader
Experian is listed on the London Stock Exchange (EXPN) and is a constituent of the FTSE 100 Index. Total revenue for the year ended March 31, 2017 was $4.3 billion. Experian employs approximately 17,000 people in over 40 countries