Oracle Developer - HR/Payroll
Job Number: 188933
Costa Mesa, California, Allen, Texas
Experian is the world’s leading global information services company, unlocking the power of data to create opportunities for consumers, businesses and society. For more than 125 years, we’ve helped consumers and clients prosper, and economies and communities flourish – and we’re not done. Experian has operated at the center of Big Data since before the phrase was coined. Few companies can offer information services on an equivalent scale. Experian has been named to Forbes Magazine’s Top 100 list of the “World’s Most Innovative Companies” for 4 years in a row. We have 16,000 people operating across 37 countries, and every day we’re investing in new technologies, talented people and innovation to help create a better tomorrow.
- Full Time
- Level: All
- Travel: Limited
- Glassdoor Rating: 3.7 out of 5
Experian Technology is central to the future success of Experian. Whether developing a new product, enhancing a SaaS solution or securing our networks from external threats, you have a critical role to play. When looking for new talent to join our technical teams, we look for individuals with the following traits:
- Innovation 9
- Problem-Solver 9
- Presenter 8
- Technologically savvy 10
- Confident 6
- Independent 4
- Relationship expertise
- Team player
- Technologically savvy
Use expertise in Oracle e-Business Suite Payroll and HR modules to analyze internal customer requirements and provide design options and solution. Provide support for the Payroll and HR applications used by Experian, especially Oracle e-Business Suite US Payroll. Ensure system availability by proactive system support and speedy resolution of application errors. Assist users to understand the capabilities and requirements of the application. Provide knowledge of the application in support of projects, enhancements, and integrations.
Major Job Functions:
a) Functional Responsibilities
- Analyze internal Payroll and HR customer requirements for new functionality or modifications to existing functionality for the Oracle e-Business Suite and provide design options and solution.
- Define specifications and develop programs, modify existing programs, prepare test data, and prepare functional specifications.
- Create new Oracle fast formulas as well as modify existing formulas.
- Provide support to US Payroll team during biweekly payroll runs.
- Identify and resolve application, database software, and programming problems.
- Support integrated applications with an understanding of system integration, test planning, scripting, and troubleshooting.
- Establish, participate, and maintain relationships with business units, internal customers, and IT subject matter experts in order to remain apprised of direction, project status, architectural and technology issues, risks, and function/integration issues.
- Identify potential process improvement areas and suggest options and recommend approaches.
b) Internal Relationship Management
- Day to day interaction will take place with internal customers, Service Management and Release Management, IT colleagues.
- Maintain effective working relationships with other GCSS and NA users.
- Maintain effective working relationships with other regions’ peers/teams.
c) External Relationship Management
- Liaise with third party suppliers such as Oracle, KBACE and Vertex.
d) Application of Processes, Controls, Standards and Measures
- Ensure consistent delivery standards are met as mandated by service management standards.
- Ensure that consistent documentation, process and procedures are used for all deliveries.
- Adhere to Experian service management documentation and change standards.
- Adhere to Oracle AIM standards.
- Deliver Incident, Problem and Change Management to SLA standards and escalate where there are SLA’s under threat.
- Ensure that audit and information security standards are consistently adhered to and maintained.
- Adhere to efficient and effective standards for delivery activities and follow department standards for the Software Development Life Cycle.
- Ensure adherence to operational readiness standards for production support.
e) Region Specific Skills
- NA Payroll and HR statutory and tax laws.
- Vertex Payroll Tax Q Series
Knowledge, Experience & Qualifications
- Analysis and design solution skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Expert in Oracle Developer Suite
- Expert in SQL, PL/SQL
- Expert in Oracle e-Business Suite US Payroll and HR
- Intermediate in Oracle e-Business Suite OTL
- Expert in Oracle fast formulas
- Proficient in OA Framework
- Proficient in Oracle Workflow, forms, reports, API’s and personalizations
- Proficient in J2EE/Java
- Proficient in AME Approvals and XML Publisher
- Proficient in Oracle EBS functionality
- Intermediate in Unix
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Fluent in English
- Proficient in PC/Microsoft Office skills
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably Computer Science.
- 8+ years of progressive IT professional experience, 5+ years of experience doing Oracle development/analysis
- 3+ years of experience providing customer support in a technical environment
- 5+ years of experience in Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12, specifically US Payroll, OTL and HR
- ITIL qualification/ exposure
- Experience of 3 full cycle implementations with Oracle, preferably in a global environment
- Prior experience with integrated applications such as ERP, Data Warehouse
- Experience working for a global company, effectively dealing with multiple countries and cultures
- Experience with KBACE KBX Reporting
- Team player with proven abilities to work in complex cross-functional and geographically diverse teams.
- Support users in multiple countries with different cultural and business environments.
- Work with a single global instance of Oracle HRMS/Financials supporting multiple countries.
- Maintain a flexible approach to working arrangements across different time zones and a ‘follow the sun’ support process.
- Work within different cultural and multi-lingual environments.
- Be available to work weekend and off hours at short notice.
- Possess strong strategic process and procedure methodology with attention to maintaining robust audit controls.
- Work in a high-pressure, results-oriented organization.
- Potential for international travel.
- Customer Focus
- Design and Analysis
- Continuous Improvement
- Managing Work
- Building Strategic Work Relationships
- Driving for Results
- Quality Orientation
Experian offers comprehensive coverage with flexible options for you as well as your spouse/domestic partner and eligible dependents. This includes medical, dental and vision insurance, health care savings and spending accounts, dependent care FSA, health & wellness program, and telemedicine.
Personal Finance Protection
We offer several benefits that strengthen your financial protection such as a 401k plan with an employer match, an employee stock purchase plan, life & additional insurance coverage.
We invest in your professional future through our education assistance program and many professional development programs. We also grant 20 scholarships to high school seniors each year to children of Experian employees.
We offer flexible time off in addition to corporate holidays, sick days and paid volunteer time off.
Experian supports your life outside the office with benefits such as our new parental leave policy covering time off for birth mothers as well as birth fathers and mothers/fathers of adoptive or foster children, adoption assistance, and pet insurance.
Experian employees enjoy many other benefits through our employee discounts, company sponsored activities, and flexible total rewards packages. Many of our office locations provide onsite amenities such as fitness centers, game rooms, cafeterias and free snacks in break rooms. We support work/life balance with convenient offices in several metropolitan locations and flexible work arrangements when possible.
“I’m a problem solver, strategist, and security engineer in the Cyber Threat Management realm. The best part of my job is creativity and thinking outside the box is encouraged. I work in a team that enables me to innovate and collaborate with other teams to help drive our organization to a better tomorrow.”Lauren Alvarez, Security Engineer
“The best part of my job is the people I get to work with and for. I am surrounded with some of the most innovative, smart and down to earth characters in the field.”Rafael Molina, Sr. Information Security Specialist, EITS
“At Experian, the technology environment is always changing to keep up with the latest technology out there. It’s innovative, yet what’s motivative is that when there is a change in technology, our employees host training sessions because not everyone fully understand the new technology, so we all grow together to find our best way to every solution.”Wes Hoang, Software Dev Intern
“If you are looking for a workplace to Innovate, grow in professional career and Work with great leaders, then Experian is the best place to be at!”Dhaval Dagli, Technical Product Manager
“I personally enjoy working with a variety of application and technical experts in trouble-shooting and figuring out why something failed, and/or working with the same caliber of colleagues to implement real-world solutions to ensure that we have a solid environment that is sustainable and meets the needs of the business.”Kenn Johnson, Interim Manager of Cyber Security Engineering
Our strategy is centred on delivering world-class expertise to organisations, transforming our relationship with consumers and delivering growth consistently, underpinned by foundations...Read More
Machine Learning Applications for Payment Transaction Data
"Experian DataLabs provide a safe and secure environment to partner with our clients to enable breakthrough data experimentation and innovation." Eric Haller(Experian North America)
Experian Business Information Services
We are looking for talented customer-focused API Developers with 5+ years experience in Node.js, Python and Java.
Experian Hackathon 2017
Collaborating in the Office
IT Clinic in Schaumburg