Director of User Experience (UX)
Job Number: 188260
Costa Mesa, California
Experian is the world’s leading global information services company, unlocking the power of data to create opportunities for consumers, businesses and society. For more than 125 years, we’ve helped consumers and clients prosper, and economies and communities flourish – and we’re not done. Experian has operated at the center of Big Data since before the phrase was coined. Few companies can offer information services on an equivalent scale. Experian has been named to Forbes Magazine’s Top 100 list of the “World’s Most Innovative Companies” for 4 years in a row. We have 16,000 people operating across 37 countries, and every day we’re investing in new technologies, talented people and innovation to help create a better tomorrow.
- Full Time
- Level: Varies By Role
- Travel: Varies By Role
- Glassdoor Rating: 3.7 out of 5
Experian Technology is central to the future success of Experian. Whether developing a new product, enhancing a SaaS solution or securing our networks from external threats, you have a critical role to play. When looking for new talent to join our technical teams, we look for individuals with the following traits:
- Innovation 9
- Problem-Solver 9
- Presenter 8
- Technologically savvy 10
- Confident 6
- Independent 4
- Relationship expertise
- Team player
- Technologically savvy
DescriptionExperian® is a global leader in providing information, analytical tools and marketing services to organizations and consumers to help manage the risk and reward of commercial and financial decisions.
Experian is looking for an experienced and highly creative Director of User Experience (UX). As a Director of UX you will be a vital member of the Ecommerce Team responsible for the creation and optimization of Experian’s consumer facing financial web and native mobile products. The ideal candidate should not only be a subject matter expert, but the user experience visionary for data-informed, user-centered design where the goals of the user and the business are brought together to form seamless product solutions. You will lead a team of designers to support small to large-scale product initiatives, communicate and present across all levels of the organization, and work with multiple cross-functional teams to achieve company goals.
• Drive vision and strategy for the organization in order to deliver a world-class customer user experience, while helping to drive performance that includes improved conversion rates, membership persistency, and other critical KPIs
• Lead, mentor, and inspire a team of passionate user experience and design professionals responsible for UX design, UI design, interactive and data visualization design, UX research, usability testing, and visual design
• Be a lead member of the UX/UI guild working alongside Engineers, QA, and Product leaders to identify problems and provide solutions focused on code quality, user experience, application performance, development processes, training, etc.
• Collaborate with Product, Marketing, Content, Technology, and Business stakeholders to deliver quality UX flows and patterns, UI design, interactive and data visualization design through research, prototyping, and usability testing
• Oversee the creation of design specifications and design standards in the form of robust style guides, interaction models, process flows, information architecture, wireframes, prototypes and UI/functional design specs to ensure a consistent holistic digital experience across all platforms
• Create solutions designed to scale and grow over time, as product functionality and content matures and as user requirements evolve
• Understand complex qualitative and quantitative research data, business goals and requirements, and translate them into functional designs
• Optimize product usability and ecommerce performance by closely analyzing behavioral engagement metrics, business performance metrics, and testing alternative design solutions
• Aid in building and executing of optimization plans focused on new product feature releases and ecommerce enhancements
• Drive engagements with external design agencies and vendors to augment internal capacity and capabilities as needed
• Directly contribute to and have a thorough understanding of the company’s goals and metrics (revenue, cost, profit, margin)
• Conduct annual and mid-year employee reviews, reviewing individual development plans and providing performance feedback to team members
• Fosters collaboration with team members (Engineering, Product, Technology, Marketing, etc.) to drive value and identify and resolve impediments
Knowledge, Experience & Qualifications• BA/BS degree in Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), User Experience, Human Factors, Visual Design, Cognitive Psychology or related degree, or equivalent work experience
• 10+ years of relevant work experience in research, UX, and product design
• Proven experience in building, leading, and managing large high-performing teams • Expert-level proficiency with design and prototyping software such as Sketch, Craft, InVision, Adobe Creative Cloud, and Axure as well as modern software development processes and concepts as they relate to user experience
• Experience with A/B and conversion optimization testing and beta product testing
• Understanding and experience working within an Agile Product Development Process
• Exceptional portfolio demonstrating a track record of successful design and team leadership
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, a passion for continuous improvement and an unwavering commitment to excellence and timeliness of solution delivery
• Strong cross-discipline team player who can influence and work collaboratively with all team members to implement best practices and build best-in-class user experiences
• Proven track record of designing innovative and differentiated products and services and bringing them to market
• Extreme attention to detail and commitment to high-quality production standards
• Self-starter with experience working in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent understanding of design as it pertains to front-end application development
• Experience working in a product organization, driving products from conception and ideation through launch and beyond over multiple releases
• Ability to synthesize research, market trends, competitive data, etc. into substantial successful online experiences
• Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills; ability to organize and present information on screen and verbally with a team
• Brand and consumer savvy• Ability to teach, provide positive constructive feedback, and motivate others
Experian is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Anyone needing accommodation to complete the interview process should notify the talent acquisition partner. The word "Experian" is a registered trademark in the EU and other countries and is owned by Experian Ltd. and/or its associated companies.
EOE including Disability/Veterans
Experian offers comprehensive coverage with flexible options for you as well as your spouse/domestic partner and eligible dependents. This includes medical, dental and vision insurance, health care savings and spending accounts, dependent care FSA, health & wellness program, and telemedicine.
Personal Finance Protection
We offer several benefits that strengthen your financial protection such as a 401k plan with an employer match, an employee stock purchase plan, life & additional insurance coverage.
We invest in your professional future through our education assistance program and many professional development programs. We also grant 20 scholarships to high school seniors each year to children of Experian employees.
We offer flexible time off in addition to corporate holidays, sick days and paid volunteer time off.
Experian supports your life outside the office with benefits such as our new parental leave policy covering time off for birth mothers as well as birth fathers and mothers/fathers of adoptive or foster children, adoption assistance, and pet insurance.
Experian employees enjoy many other benefits through our employee discounts, company sponsored activities, and flexible total rewards packages. Many of our office locations provide onsite amenities such as fitness centers, game rooms, cafeterias and free snacks in break rooms. We support work/life balance with convenient offices in several metropolitan locations and flexible work arrangements when possible.
“I’m a problem solver, strategist, and security engineer in the Cyber Threat Management realm. The best part of my job is creativity and thinking outside the box is encouraged. I work in a team that enables me to innovate and collaborate with other teams to help drive our organization to a better tomorrow.”Lauren Alvarez, Security Engineer
“The best part of my job is the people I get to work with and for. I am surrounded with some of the most innovative, smart and down to earth characters in the field.”Rafael Molina, Sr. Information Security Specialist, EITS
“At Experian, the technology environment is always changing to keep up with the latest technology out there. It’s innovative, yet what’s motivative is that when there is a change in technology, our employees host training sessions because not everyone fully understand the new technology, so we all grow together to find our best way to every solution.”Wes Hoang, Software Dev Intern
“If you are looking for a workplace to Innovate, grow in professional career and Work with great leaders, then Experian is the best place to be at!”Dhaval Dagli, Technical Product Manager
“I personally enjoy working with a variety of application and technical experts in trouble-shooting and figuring out why something failed, and/or working with the same caliber of colleagues to implement real-world solutions to ensure that we have a solid environment that is sustainable and meets the needs of the business.”Kenn Johnson, Interim Manager of Cyber Security Engineering
Our strategy is centred on delivering world-class expertise to organisations, transforming our relationship with consumers and delivering growth consistently, underpinned by foundations...Read More
Machine Learning Applications for Payment Transaction Data
"Experian DataLabs provide a safe and secure environment to partner with our clients to enable breakthrough data experimentation and innovation." Eric Haller(Experian North America)
Experian Business Information Services
We are looking for talented customer-focused API Developers with 5+ years experience in Node.js, Python and Java.
Experian Hackathon 2017
Collaborating in the Office
IT Clinic in Schaumburg