Digital Account Director (Sales)
Costa Mesa, California
Experian Sales hires top players to create its dream team. We are a group of smart people with a lot of energy. Candidates will be expected to bring their "A" game and be committed to working hard to help our clients take the power of data to the next level. You'll delight our customers by knowing the game and playing with a sense of urgency. In return, you'll be part of an all-star team that rewards its players with competitive compensation plans with accelerators as well opportunities to grow your career amongst our various businesses. Be part of a strategic and innovative team that drives critical business decisions. Come win with us!
- Full Time
- Level: All
- Travel: Variable
- Glassdoor Rating: 3.7 out of 5
Experian Sales is central to the future success of Experian. Whether bringing our solutions to a new client, expanding our role as a trusted advisor to existing customers or identifying new prospects, you have a critical role to play. When looking for new talent to join our sales teams, we look for individuals with the following traits:
- Innovation 9
- Problem-Solver 9
- Presenter 8
- Technologically savvy 10
- Confident 6
- Independent 4
- Problem Solver
- Good listener
- Team player
Experian offers comprehensive coverage with flexible options for you as well as your spouse/domestic partner and eligible dependents. This includes medical, dental and vision insurance, health care savings and spending accounts, dependent care FSA, health & wellness program, and telemedicine.
Personal Finance Protection
We offer several benefits that strengthen your financial protection such as a 401k plan with an employer match, an employee stock purchase plan, life & additional insurance coverage.
We invest in your professional future through our education assistance program and many professional development programs. We also grant 20 scholarships to high school seniors each year to children of Experian employees.
We offer flexible time off in addition to corporate holidays, sick days and paid volunteer time off.
Experian supports your life outside the office with benefits such as our new parental leave policy covering time off for birth mothers as well as birth fathers and mothers/fathers of adoptive or foster children, adoption assistance, and pet insurance.
Experian employees enjoy many other benefits through our employee discounts, company sponsored activities, and flexible total rewards packages. Many of our office locations provide onsite amenities such as fitness centers, game rooms, cafeterias and free snacks in break rooms. We support work/life balance with convenient offices in several metropolitan locations and flexible work arrangements when possible.
“The support you receive when on-boarding and the commitment to human development has been excellent and probably the best I’ve experienced in my professional career.”Peter Moraga, Senior Account Executive - Fraud and ID
“I have never seen a more supportive sales culture. With the dedicated marketing resources and continuous training, it’s a culture with high expectations with the tools and resources to help you achieve.”Sam Hubbard, Account Executive - CU Vertical
“If you want to join a high integrity, world-class organization that allows you the creative freedom to take your ideas and visions and to implement them, then Experian might be for you.”Victor Grigaliunas, Sales Director
“My role is challenging, which keeps things new and interesting. The rewards and accolades are nice, and the company does a great job recognizing hard work and a job well done.”Connor Reilly, BIS Hunter
“I am an Account Manager within CIS. I manage hundreds of accounts across every industry and product group that Experian offers to cross sell, which will further benefit my client’s bottom line revenue.”Amber Banks, Account Manager
“Experian is very focused on growing and retaining talent by offering as many opportunities as possible to those seeking it. My three years with Experian are testament to that, with my move to Boston from London being a prime example!”Brolin Rodrigues, Sales Engineer
“Experian embodies the phrase “pay it forward” in that every person I have worked with, whether they have been here for 20 years and are at the top or have been here for 4 months, is willing to take time out of their day to help you in any way they can.”Grace Jakubowski, Account Executive - Growth Channel/Core Team
DescriptionExperian Marketing Services’ Targeting division is on a mission to help modern marketers deliver the best data-driven interactions possible with their customers and prospects – meeting people with the right message wherever they may be. Over the past 40 years, our data and marketing technology has been leveraged by over 10,000 leading brands around the globe to deliver powerful marketing campaigns across direct mail, online, mobile, email, and television. As a formidable leader with privacy expertise in marketing data, identity management, media activation and campaign measurement, Experian Marketing Services’ Targeting division provides employees endless ways to make a meaningful impact on the world of marketing. Interested in living your passion and helping change the way advertisers do their job? Consider joining Experian, one of Forbes’ 100 Most Innovative companies, and taking your career to new heights.
The Account Director manages a portfolio of clients and is responsible for all aspects of the relationship between Experian and the clients in the portfolio. A portfolio may consist of one or many clients, usually aligned within a portfolio based on client segment, service mix, industry, account size and other criteria. The Account Director is someone who thrives on working in a fast-paced, dynamic division within a large matrixed organization. The Account Director is ambitious, detail oriented, innovative and results driven.
• Consistently meets or exceeds revenue targets
• Responsible for overall client satisfaction and retention of assigned accounts
• Cultivate and expand relationships with a portfolio of clients across multiple verticals
• Ensure Client satisfaction ratings (Net Promoter) are met or exceeded
• Driver for client portfolio growth targets
• Responsible for overall client margin for assigned client portfolio
• Maintains accurate and up to date pipeline and forecasts in Sales Force
• Ensuring timely billing and supports Accounts Receivable efforts
• Navigates all internal groups (finance, pricing, compliance, solution support, legal, etc) effectively
• Works effectively with client partners, consultants, Experian Strategy VPs, MA and MIS teams and other BUs
• Partner with support functions for solution development and pricing strategies
• Oversees contract creation and management – owns DAS client contract
• Act as the escalation point for the Client Services delivery team
• Researches client needs and determines how to bundle products to meet client requirements. Informs and educates clients on new and existing projects. Utilizes product experts as a resource.
• Assist clients with strategic planning initiatives, marketing program development, results analysis and campaign planning
• Ability to design and execute small to large projects with no supervision
• Develops strong relationships with existing clients by researching and understanding their business needs, responding to client concerns and problems and acting as the liaison between the client and internal departments.
• Develops client presentations, client training and proposal generation.
• Generates new business within existing relationships by up-selling and cross-selling other product categories.
• Follows up to ensure client expectations regarding quality control, deadlines and customer service are met.
• Regularly generates new business within existing relationships by up-selling and cross-selling other product categories.
• Assists clients in building their sales and marketing strategy
• Responsible for the RFP process of existing accounts
• Ability to define and articulate the ROI for proposed solutions
Knowledge, Experience & QualificationsCandidate Background & Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution or equivalent experience
• 3+ years’ sales or account management experience in digital advertising/marketing
• Strong knowledge and understanding of the digital advertising ecosystem, technologies, concepts, terms, and tactics.
• Preferable rolodex of agency contacts
• Proven track record of success meeting revenue goals and managing multiple clients
• Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
• Travel up to 30% (change to 30%)
• Effective oral and written communication skills with keen attention to detail
• Strong client presentation skills
• Excellent organizational and prioritization skills
• Strong negotiation skills
• Effective time management skills
Experian is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Anyone needing accommodation to complete the interview process should notify the talent acquisition partner. The word "Experian" is a registered trademark in the EU and other countries and is owned by Experian Ltd. and/or its associated companies.
EOE including Disability/Veterans