Sales Account Executive, Financial & Tech Strategic Clients
Job Number: 189923
Experian Sales hires top players to create its dream team. We are a group of smart people with a lot of energy. Candidates will be expected to bring their "A" game and be committed to working hard to help our clients take the power of data to the next level. You'll delight our customers by knowing the game and playing with a sense of urgency. In return, you'll be part of an all-star team that rewards its players with competitive compensation plans with accelerators as well opportunities to grow your career amongst our various businesses. Be part of a strategic and innovative team that drives critical business decisions. Come win with us!
- Full Time
- Level: All
- Travel: Variable
- Glassdoor Rating: 3.7 out of 5
Experian Sales is central to the future success of Experian. Whether bringing our solutions to a new client, expanding our role as a trusted advisor to existing customers or identifying new prospects, you have a critical role to play. When looking for new talent to join our sales teams, we look for individuals with the following traits:
- Innovation 9
- Problem-Solver 9
- Presenter 8
- Technologically savvy 10
- Confident 6
- Independent 4
- Problem Solver
- Good listener
- Team player
Experian is the leading global information services company that helps organizations manage credit risk, prevent fraud, improve data security and automate decision making. With operations all over the world, Experian’s 17,000 associates support clients and operations in more than 80 countries. Generating nearly $5 billion in revenue annually, Experian is primed for growth and searching for the most talented and innovative people to join our family and take us to new heights.
We are looking for a successful STRATEGIC ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE who has a proven track record of over-plan performance in revenue and sales. The Strategic Account Executive will be responsible for new business sales and new business development within one of Experian’s largest strategic clients in the financial services, payments or technology industries. You will be responsible for developing and maintaining close relationships with C-level and senior executives, understanding their industry, markets, and operations, and for advancing and closing new sales for Experian technology, data services, analytics or other products and services. You will be held accountable for growing and maintaining a large, strategically important revenue stream.
The Strategic Account Executive is responsible for:
- The overall leadership and growth of Experian’s strategic client relationships, including ownership of and accountability for all revenue in Experian’s Consumer Information Services and Decision Analytics businesses.
- Identifying new strategic sales opportunities by working directly with C-level and VP-level client executives to understand their financial objectives and the strategic initiatives designed to deliver these objectives.
- Proposing, advancing and closing new agreements for solutions that grow client revenue, reduce operational costs, and/or mitigate overall risk for the client.
- Renewing and growing existing business by collaborating with the client to identify and implement improvements to solution fit, delivery, and overall impact to the business.
- Managing all inputs to the Experian revenue forecasting and pipeline management process by accurately updating revenue opportunities in a timely fashion according to company policy and practice.
- Collaborating with Experian sales, product, and executive leadership to improve Experian products and services and how Experian clients use them
- Partnering with the Experian client-facing sales team, including Relationship Manager and Vice President of Sales, to improve sales and revenue performance.
- Being accountable for high levels of sales call activity, pipeline development and management, and overall monthly, quarterly and annual revenue performance.
Knowledge, Experience & Qualifications
- Minimum 5 years successful sales experience with a proven track record of overachievement selling complex solutions and non-tangible business value in competitive environment.
- Background in Technology, Financial Services, FinTech, Software or related field sales. Experience in automated decisioning, machine learning / artificial intelligence, and technology ecosystems / platforms preferred; technology and data services sales into platform ecosystems highly desired.
- Demonstrated ability to sell at the executive level.
- Ability to effectively position complex ideas and concepts through verbal and written communication.
- Solid business acumen, with a strong understanding of corporate financial priorities and the initiatives designed to deliver revenue and profit expectations.
- Good customer service skills and ability to adapt to different personalities.
- Ability to work well in a team environment and provide leadership when called upon.
- Ability to work independently and exercise good organization and project management skills.
- Ability to research client organizations and requirements in order to continually expand relationships.
- Good problem solving and analytical skills. Excellent computer/PC skills including proficiency with MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint are essential
- Bachelor's degree required, MBA strongly preferred
- 25%-40% overnight travel required.
Working for a leading FTSE 50 global information services company is just one of the rewards of joining Experian. Our benefits package is designed to reward contribution and loyalty and to attract the kind of talented individuals who have their pick of employers. We offer a highly competitive package comprising:
• Competitive base salary
• Aggressive bonus plan
• Company car
• Core benefits including: full medical, dental, vision, matching 401K and the opportunity to work with a global leader.
Experian offers comprehensive coverage with flexible options for you as well as your spouse/domestic partner and eligible dependents. This includes medical, dental and vision insurance, health care savings and spending accounts, dependent care FSA, health & wellness program, and telemedicine.
Personal Finance Protection
We offer several benefits that strengthen your financial protection such as a 401k plan with an employer match, an employee stock purchase plan, life & additional insurance coverage.
We invest in your professional future through our education assistance program and many professional development programs. We also grant 20 scholarships to high school seniors each year to children of Experian employees.
We offer flexible time off in addition to corporate holidays, sick days and paid volunteer time off.
Experian supports your life outside the office with benefits such as our new parental leave policy covering time off for birth mothers as well as birth fathers and mothers/fathers of adoptive or foster children, adoption assistance, and pet insurance.
Experian employees enjoy many other benefits through our employee discounts, company sponsored activities, and flexible total rewards packages. Many of our office locations provide onsite amenities such as fitness centers, game rooms, cafeterias and free snacks in break rooms. We support work/life balance with convenient offices in several metropolitan locations and flexible work arrangements when possible.
“The support you receive when on-boarding and the commitment to human development has been excellent and probably the best I’ve experienced in my professional career.”Peter Moraga, Senior Account Executive - Fraud and ID
“I have never seen a more supportive sales culture. With the dedicated marketing resources and continuous training, it’s a culture with high expectations with the tools and resources to help you achieve.”Sam Hubbard, Account Executive - CU Vertical
“If you want to join a high integrity, world-class organization that allows you the creative freedom to take your ideas and visions and to implement them, then Experian might be for you.”Victor Grigaliunas, Sales Director
“My role is challenging, which keeps things new and interesting. The rewards and accolades are nice, and the company does a great job recognizing hard work and a job well done.”Connor Reilly, BIS Hunter
“I am an Account Manager within CIS. I manage hundreds of accounts across every industry and product group that Experian offers to cross sell, which will further benefit my client’s bottom line revenue.”Amber Banks, Account Manager
“Experian is very focused on growing and retaining talent by offering as many opportunities as possible to those seeking it. My three years with Experian are testament to that, with my move to Boston from London being a prime example!”Brolin Rodrigues, Sales Engineer
“Experian embodies the phrase “pay it forward” in that every person I have worked with, whether they have been here for 20 years and are at the top or have been here for 4 months, is willing to take time out of their day to help you in any way they can.”Grace Jakubowski, Account Executive - Growth Channel/Core Team